Professional Grade Point and Shoots Camera Advice

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Professional Grade Point and Shoots Camera Advice

Postby rhino24 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:14 pm

I know that this has been brought up many times however I am quit dimwitted. I am searching for a professional grade point and shoot camera that has the ability to produce pictures that can be published in magazines and newpapers. Basically a Point and Shoot to substitute for various nikons and one Leica SLR. Really would prefer a digital, however a 35mm would be fine. What do you guys and girls carry? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Again thanks for all of the tips you wounderful people have given me over the last couple of years.

[/quote] "Nothing like the smell of gunpowder on a cold frosty morning....smells like freedom."
rhino24

Postby hbar » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:11 am

A very high quality non-SLR digital camera is the Sony DSC-F717. It's a 5 MP camera with a 5x zoom lens. I just sold mine (buying a cheaper camera for some traveling I'll be doing), and it's an amazing camera. It is a couple years old, but even so there are few cameras that can match its image quality. It cost $999 when it first came out I believe, but you should be able to find one for ~$500, depending on the package it comes with.
hbar

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!