maps

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

maps

Postby lowcrawl » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:47 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a NIMA 1:50,000 UTM map of the lawrence/clinton lake area of Kansas? Mind you I want one with the UTM grids on it. I have searched everywhere online and even went to the USGS department here and whammo, nothing. Its basically the same style of maps you use in the military. It makes for easy navigation and the detail is usually more modern and detailed. Suggestions anyone?
"Zidele amathambo." Give yourself up, bones as well. (i.e. take a chance!) - South African Ndebele saying
lowcrawl
BFCus Regularus

Postby NUNYABIZNACK » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:26 am

short of getting that expensive software from National Geographic and printing out your own map, I have had no luck whatsoever finding it....you said Lawrence KS, right...or at least close to it? You might want to check with someone at Ft. Leavenworth, or even at Ft. Riley...although I dont know how willing they are to give out maps these days. I would try those two...probably Ft. Leavenworth first as it looks closer to the approxiamate area you are talking about.

Also it looks like the Kansas Geological Survey sells maps of that area....but they dont give a very detailed description

heres the URL for that

http://www.kgs.ukans.edu/Hydro/lake_maps.html

Aso found a relatively useless map of clinton lake and surrounding areas at:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=Lawrence+&state=KS&zipcode=

I would check out that "Broken Arrow State park"...I guess it is a state park....they might be able to help you out....also I would still check with Ft. Leavenworth and the surrounding areas and see if any old military maps might be available from somewhere

Hope this helps...
National Geographic makes that really cool map maker software for your PC....I think it is about 300-400 bucks though...but you could make your own map with that.

Cheers,
NUNYABIZ
NUNYABIZNACK
BFCus Regularus

Postby NUNYABIZNACK » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:36 am

http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/clinton/clin.html

if you g to the sight above the map you will find the small map then you can click on it and it gives you a mega huge map...but still not a 1:50,000 your looking for.
NUNYABIZNACK
BFCus Regularus

Postby NUNYABIZNACK » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:39 am

Clinton Project Office
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
872 N. 1402 Rd
Lawrence, Ks 66049
Tel: 785-843-7665
Fax: 785-843-4360

email: Operations Manager, Clinton Project Office:

Clinton@Nwk02.usace.army.mil <Clinton@Nwk02.usace.army.mil>

this is the US Army Corps Of engineers Clinton Lake project office contact information.
Good luck to you.

Later,
NUNYA
NUNYABIZNACK
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!