wondering about VOIP/internet telehony

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

wondering about VOIP/internet telehony

Postby NUNYABIZNACK » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:54 pm

was just wondering if any of you all had any knowledge about the VOIP or internet telephony that is being touted in recent weeks in articles all over the internet.

How secure is this technology...is it better than ICQ (had that a long time ago and had terrible problems with it loading my machine with all sorts of viruses.)

Anyway, just wondering why the interest in this technology is picking up and if it is worth it at all?

Thanks,
NUNYABIZ
NUNYABIZNACK
BFCus Regularus

Postby NIJ » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:18 pm

It's pretty damned effective. The company I work for has offices in 32 countries and uses VoIP exclusively from all of them. The quality and security has come a very long way and remember that standard POTS has zero security.

For my own personal use I have skype (www.skype.com) which allows you to talk for free to anyone in the world that also has skype and to make calls to standard telephone lines for nominal per minute fees. I use to talk to the States all the time from Guatemala at US2.9 cents a minute. The quality is exceptional even on a very poor connection.

Hope this helps.
NIJ
BFCus Regularus

Postby NUNYABIZNACK » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:12 pm

Yeah it does..I was just looking at that skype website...thanks for the information.

NUNYABIZ
NUNYABIZNACK
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!