Whose REALLY the best man for president...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Whose REALLY the best man for the job?

George W. Bush
12%
Dick Cheney
No votes
Al Gore
No votes
John Mcaine
44%
George Bush Sr. (one more term?)
No votes
John Kerry
8%
Edward Kennedy
4%
Hillary Clinton
12%
Ralph Nader
No votes
Dennis Kucinich
20%

Total votes : 25

Whose REALLY the best man for president...

Postby patriot » Wed May 26, 2004 10:41 pm

Ok, this will make up for my stupidity in believing the Onion article. KUCINICH ALL THE WAY!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Wed May 26, 2004 10:44 pm

OK, counting MY vote, we're at a 50-50 race between McCain and Kucinich.

Why no Libertarian candidate on the poll?
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby patriot » Wed May 26, 2004 10:45 pm

I tried to get as many as I could. I'll try to make the next one more comprehensive. We could have a playoff...
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Wed May 26, 2004 10:47 pm

McCaine seems a better choice, to me at least.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby patriot » Wed May 26, 2004 10:49 pm

Mmmmmm. Maybe we're on to something with this Mcaine thing. Get him to run in 2008 you republican fools! Then I can stop bashing your candidate.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby The.Duke » Wed May 26, 2004 10:56 pm

Heh heh

Don't feel bad Patriot. There are other people at the flag that caught being wrong would try and argue a way out. At least you're man enough to admit you're wrong laugh and move on.

By the way your posts are getting better - more thought, less spittle, and flailing. Keep it up. It's obvious that though we may disagree on some things you do love your country.

Try visiting the shooting range sometime. You might enjoy it.
The.Duke
The.Duke

Postby patriot » Wed May 26, 2004 11:29 pm

What I don't understand is how the republicans could have choosen Bush over McCaine in the first place. What were they thinking??? Here we have a guy who was a Vietnam Vet/POW/War Hero, whose very intelligent, very dignified, very politically apt, and a guy who has just as many democratic faithful as republican faithful. But instead they went with the Texas National Gaurd A.W.O.L-er, binge drinker, father-fighter, born-again Christian, dyslexic, guy who makes fun of people that he puts to death. I mean give me a clue here people...what were you thinking!?!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Wed May 26, 2004 11:31 pm

I think I may have been out of country during the last elections, but I wouldn't have voted Bush, or Gore for that matter.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Aegis » Wed May 26, 2004 11:35 pm

McCain lost because of character assasination, and the insinuation that McCain's time as a POW somehow mentally unhinged him. Top it off with the fact that Bush panders to the born againsd and you have a really shitty 2000 republican primary.

Incidentally, the 2000 primamry is the reason I refuse to formally allif=gn myself with the Republican party (maybe I carry a grudge!?)
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby patriot » Thu May 27, 2004 12:02 am

McCain lost because of character assasination, and the insinuation that McCain's time as a POW somehow mentally unhinged him. Top it off with the fact that Bush panders to the born againsd and you have a really shitty 2000 republican primary.

Incidentally, the 2000 primamry is the reason I refuse to formally allif=gn myself with the Republican party (maybe I carry a grudge!?)

I just don't see how any reasonable person could have believed that bull-shit character assassination (not saying you believed it). Personally I'd vote for McCaine before I would vote for Kerry.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Piggs » Thu May 27, 2004 12:26 am

WASHINGTON, DC—As President Bush's public-approval ratings hit an all-time low, Vice-President Dick Cheney announced Monday that he has been "forced" to throw his hat into the ring for the 2004 presidential race.

ImageImage
Piggs
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Thu May 27, 2004 12:29 am

WASHINGTON, DC—As President Bush's public-approval ratings hit an all-time low, Vice-President Dick Cheney announced Monday that he has been "forced" to throw his hat into the ring for the 2004 presidential race.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

http://www.kucinich.us/
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Marco_Benoit » Thu May 27, 2004 12:31 am

What I don't understand is how the republicans could have choosen Bush over McCaine in the first place. What were they thinking??? Here we have a guy who was a Vietnam Vet/POW/War Hero, whose very intelligent, very dignified, very politically apt, and a guy who has just as many democratic faithful as republican faithful. But instead they went with the Texas National Gaurd A.W.O.L-er, binge drinker, father-fighter, born-again Christian, dyslexic, guy who makes fun of people that he puts to death. I mean give me a clue here people...what were you thinking!?!

Patriot, probably because they knew that Bush would just be a puppet for the Cheneys/Rumsfeld/Wolffowitz clan. They knew they could control that dumb bastard.
Marco_Benoit
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Thu May 27, 2004 12:34 am

Patriot, probably because they knew that Bush would just be a puppet for the Cheneys/Rumsfeld/Wolffowitz clan. They knew they could control that dumb bastard.

Yea, probably.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

DJK! DJK!

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu May 27, 2004 1:13 am

Dennis John Kucinich.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe