Moderator: yorick

The Tin Foil Hat Cafe story?

Postby jamesy » Tue May 09, 2006 4:34 am

Curious...

j./
jamesy
Aiden of Lindisfarne

Postby coldharvest » Tue May 09, 2006 12:27 pm

C'mon Jamesy, this is the BFC, Kurt had to put the mach related threads somewhere.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby jamesy » Tue May 09, 2006 12:40 pm

got it...I havent been privvy to all the brouhaha at BFC through the years.

J./
jamesy
Aiden of Lindisfarne

Postby Kurt » Tue May 09, 2006 12:42 pm

I actually just expected this to be a place I would deposit crackpot posts that sometimes just "pop up" online.

If it is not SPAM, I actually am reluctant to delete things so I prefer to move them. Some online crackpots have a "campaign" that they are on and will fill the board with it if they can.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Tue May 09, 2006 12:43 pm

Just troll through the gems in this section and you'll see that most of the posts could be used against the posters in a mental competance hearing.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Outkast » Tue May 09, 2006 7:54 pm

Quiet, these pieces of evidence make up my retirement funds...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Postby yorick » Fri May 12, 2006 5:12 am

Nah, genuine black/ops stuff is what it oughta be...... the kinda shit that spooks even the spooks, unfortunately also a place where bureaucrats will gape in awe at eccentric talent they can never completely comprehend and have long ago abandonned for preservation of the mundane instead, then wondering why humintel/ops lack vitriol and vigor that only the rare perspective can provide.

Lately the place has suffered on account of piss-poor management with threads on scientology, skull'n bones and other esoteric subjects remaining on the WRONG forums.

Tin Hat Cafe had a healthy start couple of years ago, should have been home to dangerous minds - but management wont allow it, has spammed the place more than once and generally discourages the idea of an occult workshop that doesnt fit the mold.

Otherwise yes, could have been an excellent place for someone who's escaped an insane asylum and then gone on to manage security ops at machinegun shoots to dwell and build their resume in defense of all things inscrutable.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Monarch » Fri May 12, 2006 10:28 pm

I just assumed this was a place for people to share their views on current events surrounding subjects such as crop circles, big foot, and john titor. I always thought it was fun to read crack pot theories no matter how crazy.
Monarch
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat May 13, 2006 12:27 am

Well, now it is what you all make it.

I really split up the main forum so I could move the non-travel posts elsewhere. It was a post about Burt Reynolds by Mach that set me off.

Then most people just kind of gravitated to the old forum anyway, but I like the dynamic of the chaos of the original forum and then a more slow paced area to go to to talk about specifics.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby jamesy » Mon May 15, 2006 4:04 am

I don't know, I'm thinking we might hire Martha Stewart to come in and give the place a makeover? You know, recipe board, prison gang bitch rape survivors group, crumpet corner, barnyard perversion, etc...

thoughts, people?
And let's think creative thoughts, c'mon now...

J./
jamesy
Aiden of Lindisfarne

Postby SRR » Sat May 20, 2006 3:44 pm

I always thought it was a shame you needed to be logged in to read the tinfoil hat stuff. I'd go even further and make the board unregistered, but that would require a moderator with some modest time available to keep the spammers at bay.

I nominate Yorick for the job as he's the most sane(in a very relative manner) poster who has warmed to this forum.

If I had more time I'd scour the net for a "random conspiracy of the week" thread, even though it may collide with a few posts on the original BFC. But hey, collision and collusion are the forces of the hour here in the first decade of Century 21.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Kurt » Sat May 20, 2006 4:40 pm

You need to be logged in to read this?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sat May 20, 2006 4:44 pm

I'll be damned. I fixed that.

Spambots are really bad. I am not going to take that chance
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby SRR » Sat May 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks for fixin' it Kurt. I'm usually too lazy to log in to read the tinfoil hat stuff even though most if it's..... interesting, for lack of a better word at the moment.

I agree about the spambots.... but I was just hoping in the back of my mind that it would invite a few entertaining conspiracy nutbars to share nougats of information with us.

Like in the form of "I know they're after me, they'll triangulate my position really really soon.... so I need to make this quick..."

Great stuff to read when you're drunk.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Lunatock » Sat May 20, 2006 7:44 pm

="Monarch"]I just assumed this was a place for people to share their views on current events surrounding subjects such as crop circles, big foot, and john titor. I always thought it was fun to read crack pot theories no matter how crazy.

Ummm...does a lot of what sure as hell just sounds like hubbalbaloo about working out an agreement to snap photos, doing so, and catching hell for the so-called stalking of former clients by the same person who tried convincing me this deal didn't even exist count as a tin-foil hat story?

And despite the drama and rep damaging potential until everything gets sorted out, my portfollllllllllllio! Never looked better.
Lunatock
Obarrg

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe