Moore of Moore - Will you or Won't you...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Will you see F-9/11 in the Theater?

Yes, sure, why not? Yeah.
49%
No, never, no way...nope.
27%
I'll wait for video, and then pick up a copy in my Volvo
19%
Only if I can get a couple more subscribers on my paper route.
3%
Can't, I'm waiting for the elevator repairman.
3%

Total votes : 37

Postby kilroy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:23 am

the last time i went to a theatre i was thrown out for bringing my own food.

my arguement was that concession stand prices were outrageous.
and besides, i hadn't had a barbecue in a while...
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby CdnSkyDiva » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:42 pm

No matter what you might think of the man, he gets people talking about subjects that would otherwise be swept under the carpet.

For that reason, I am PROUDLY going to pay full price, watch his movie opening night, give the film a standing ovation for having the balls to confront George W. and then sneak into see 'Dodgeball' after its done.

CdnSkyDiva

Postby RYP » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:50 pm

Uhhh...you mean no ones been talking about 9/11, George Bush and Iraq...damn...I better go see the movie then...
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby CdnSkyDiva » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:01 pm

Cheeky
CdnSkyDiva

Postby CdnSkyDiva » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:32 pm

RYP,

I know you're just trying to be funny, but when over ten thousand innocent people lose their lives 'arguably' because of one man, there can never enough talking...

Not to mention that I believe that after the release of Farenheit 9/11, you will find more people talking about the 'controversies' surrounding George Bush then what is currently being discussed. When I say that, I am not referring to newsreporters, scholars or even the people in this forum. I am talking about the average Joe/Jane. In my opinion, more people are discussing the sagas surrounding reality TV then they are current events. I think this movie is the very medium to stir things up again - whether you agree with the premise or not.

Anyhow, that's just my two bits
CdnSkyDiva

Postby WillyBlues » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:04 pm

CdnSkyDiva wrote:. In my opinion, more people are discussing the sagas surrounding reality TV then they are current events. I think this movie is the very medium to stir things up again - whether you agree with the premise or not.

Anyhow, that's just my two bits

I think (and hope) we'll see a major change in people's dialogues this the primaries. Iraq is going to be the issue of the presidential campaign
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:30 pm

Trust me hands down, bar none this video is THE one to watch. One of the sites that is supporting the 911 victims familys search for the truth is hosting it and about 30 or so other videos maybe more proving without a doubt the bush administration let the whole thing happen... Please give the film at least 20 mins before you turn it off. Click the link below to watch the film...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/120603roadtotyranny.html

Simply astonishing...simply unbeliavable...simply horrifying. I cannot believe what it has come to in our country. This Alex Jones is a brilliant man, and I think every American should see that documentary. You're right...fuck Moore, after seeing that it makes Moore look like Bush's lap-dog. I sat down and watched the entire documentary and was horrified outright by what Jones exposed. I would like all the flaggers to watch this documentary in its entirety. Liberal, conservative, whatever, you must see this. Watching that video makes me ashamed to call myself an American. This country has truly turned itself totally and utterly upside-down. If you can watch that documentary without becoming completly disgusted you have absolutely no soul, and might as well bend over and tell the Illuminati to have at it. Utterly incomprehensible...
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Lordy

Postby ROB » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:57 am

That "Road to Tyrrany" documentary makes Moore's research look like an Oxford PhD.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:02 am

That "Road to Tyrrany" documentary makes Moore's research look like an Oxford PhD.

The blissfully ignorant has spoken again.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:25 am

patriot wrote:

The blissfully ignorant has spoken again.

Dude - only the queen talks about herself in the third person!
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:33 am

OH! I'm sorry Dim, I was floored by your blazing wit for a moment there. I'll be OK now.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Patriot

Postby ROB » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:54 pm

Disagreeing with you and your halfassed documentary hardly makes me ignorant. Once again you chose a source that has more holes in it than a rabbit warren. Post something with some logical merit and I might start taking you seriously.

Maybe neither of us will have to cry ourselves to sleep over being called nasty names on the internet that way too.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Lordy

Postby Romeo247 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:00 pm

ROB wrote:That "Road to Tyrrany" documentary makes Moore's research look like an Oxford PhD.

ROB wrote:Disagreeing with you and your halfassed documentary hardly makes me ignorant. Once again you chose a source that has more holes in it than a rabbit warren. Post something with some logical merit and I might start taking you seriously.

Maybe neither of us will have to cry ourselves to sleep over being called nasty names on the internet that way too.

really? what parts.... I would love to be enlightened as to which portions of mr jones film were inaccurate.. I suppose all those video clips of those reporters were "actors or the sources he quotes in the film like the ny times, msnbc, fox, cnn, newsweek time magazine... Plus the 100 other news articles are all fraudulent and created just to create a conspircy theroy..

mr jones film is also the film that was the reason the patriot act and other issues that are currently going through very close inspection in the america system of checks and balances. Please by all means if you have seen "The Road to Tyranny" then show me what is false.. Moore has stolen information directly from mr jones documentry.

Ciao

Rome
Whats the #1 cause of divorce?? MARRIAGE
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:10 pm

Romeo,

as I asked before your thoughts on Greene? I hope you know what I'm talking about.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:27 pm

Yes, Rob. I'm also curious for you to point out any indescretions within his report. Have you even watched the whole thing, or is it just so unbelievable that our government would treat us like pawns for their own personal gains? NOOO!!! A politician would never do something like that!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe