Moore of Moore - Will you or Won't you...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Will you see F-9/11 in the Theater?

Yes, sure, why not? Yeah.
49%
No, never, no way...nope.
27%
I'll wait for video, and then pick up a copy in my Volvo
19%
Only if I can get a couple more subscribers on my paper route.
3%
Can't, I'm waiting for the elevator repairman.
3%

Total votes : 37

Postby WillyBlues » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:33 pm

Ok, anyone who claims a cover-up by the government should be asking the question as to why didn't Greene act. It is literally the most compelling question of the hijackings, albeit he was only on the one plane, yet conspiracy theorist never bring him up.

Fact is most of the conspiracy guys are propagandists with an axe to grind. So, if you are watching these films and looking for direct government collusion, don't trust anyone who doen't mention Greene.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby Romeo247 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:17 pm

greene who? greene what? is this a person? a special light on duybas desk next to the redd button??

i dont know anything about this "greene" never even heard of the issue come up...

so fill me in give me your heads up on this greene....

btw the good greene here is still 10 a bag and comes from mexico..
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Well

Postby ROB » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:22 am

I could write a whole essay on the flaws in the film, but you guys in your usual style would comeback with "is not" or "you're ignorant" so I really don't see the point. Funny thing is that there are many legitimate and damning criticisms of the Bush admin to make, but you guys in your haste to find an overarching conspiracy miss most of the legitimate evidence.

Suffice to say that my personal favourite part of the movie was about halfway through it when the narator mentions that several people saw "islamic looking guys" at the Federal Building. I think he meant to say "middle eastern looking."

There were a few interesting pieces of information in the documentary that could warrant further research, but the writer mixes it in with spurious argument which detracts from his point.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Lordy

Postby ROB » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:27 am

I suppose all those video clips of those reporters were "actors"

Funny you should mention that - I almost laughed my ass off at the caption of his "surveilance footage" of the Frederal Building which said "Dramatization". He even took the time to make it black and white and grainy to give it that certain "authentic feel". Funny shit.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:57 am

I could write a whole essay on the flaws in the film, but you guys in your usual style would comeback with "is not" or "you're ignorant" so I really don't see the point. Funny thing is that there are many legitimate and damning criticisms of the Bush admin to make, but you guys in your haste to find an overarching conspiracy miss most of the legitimate evidence.

Suffice to say that my personal favourite part of the movie was about halfway through it when the narator mentions that several people saw "islamic looking guys" at the Federal Building. I think he meant to say "middle eastern looking."

There were a few interesting pieces of information in the documentary that could warrant further research, but the writer mixes it in with spurious argument which detracts from his point.

Well go ahead an write this essay. I'd love to read it, as long as you provided documentation to back your logic. And since when have my posts consisted of "is not" or "you're ignorant", that's just a cop-out. Don't put words in my mouth.

And you've managed to point out one extremely minor discretion, "I think he meant Middle Eastern looking". Bravo! In nearly 3 hours of documentation you've managed to find one atom-sized discrepancy. And OBVIOUSLY that was a dramatization, and he wasn't trying to pass it off as real you fool. Maybe if the American government would realease the REAL footage we wouldn't have to make dramatizations. What are they afraid of ROB? Something on there they don't want us to see??? He only provided about three eye witnesses corroberating the dramitization (who, I'm sure, are in a better place than you to verify whether or not this really happened). And I would love for you, ROB, to enlighten me with this "legitimate evidence" you speak of that I or Romeo are supposedly not aware of. Because anything you can tell me, I'm sure I've already read about.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

geesh

Postby ROB » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:08 pm

And since when have my posts consisted of "is not" or "you're ignorant", that's just a cop-out. Don't put words in my mouth.

Hmmm.

The blissfully ignorant has spoken again.

Keep raging against that machine Patriot.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:24 pm

ok here's the Greene info: Donald Greene was a passenger on Flight 93, the plane which was re-taken from the hijackers and crashed over pennsylvania. What most people do not know about Donald is that he was the son of Leonard Greene, founder of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation. Leonard Greene was a test Pilot for the Grumman Corporation during the 40's and 50's and pretty much invented basic airplane safety systems up into the 1970's.

Both him and Donald were certified and liscensed pilots on all domestic aircraft. This begs the question that why wasn't Greene able to take control over the flight if control was wrested from the hijackers. Given the crash site, many investigators believe the plane went down fast and hard (I'm not sure of the terminology, and don't feel like cutting and pasting).

At any rate, most of the conspiracy theorist's point to somewhat absurd theories (illuminati, new world order, yada, yada). My point is that most of these flakes have favored high dramatics and nonsense thories when the basic situation begs more simple questions like the greene question, but since it is so basic and not of commercial worth, it is ignored.

My whole premise here is that by ignoring the fairly standard and rational it is easy to see through the agenda's of these guys.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:29 pm

oh, and it also begs the question of your own due diligence. Romeo, the reason I asked you if you knew about Greene was because it is a very real question and, quite frankly, a hell of a lot more compellling than re-enactments and seismic bullshit.

It is also just below the surface and not "in your face spectacular". Don't beleive something just because it lays at the surface or has a pretty moniker.
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Hmm

Postby ROB » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:45 am

There is at least a mistake, a persuasive ploy, a non sequitur or a spurious conclusion drawn for almost every minute of that film. (I mentioned one or two already). The question is do I want to spend hours refuting every single one of them only for Patriot to refute it with, "oh sure, but I didn't mean that bit."

Hmm, let me think...
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Oh Sure ROB

Postby SRR » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:04 am

There is at least a mistake, a persuasive ploy, a non sequitur or a spurious conclusion drawn for almost every minute of that film.

So I guess you were cheering when Saddam was killing over one million Iraqi babies each and every day?

You Bush supporters really get to me sometimes.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

que?

Postby kilroy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:09 am

so, srr, since when does not believing micheal moore's documentaries translate into condoning mass gov't sponsored killings or being a bush supporter? seriously, what the fuck?
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

SRR

Postby ROB » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:15 am

SRR - I have it on good authority (a joint speech by Bush and Blair) that Saddam only EVER killed 500 000 babies every day. You liberuls can cry me a frickin river - that's colateral damage baby!

Now pass me a stogy and change the chanel back to Fox.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Medevac » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:37 am

Ahh you guys crack me up.
Its hard to tell the parody from the genuine posts here.
Duct tape is just like the Force - it has a light side and a dark side, and holds the Universe together.
Medevac
Peanuticus Gallerius

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe