Dec. 21, 2012

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Dec. 21, 2012

Postby Ron Mexico » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 am

What do you think will happen on this date?
Ron Mexico
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:47 pm

That'd be exactly 20 days after the day I'll (inch' Allah) turn 33 years old.

My prediction: hang-over.
ROTW can go to hell in a handbasket for all I care on condition of 'em keeping the noise down...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Monarch » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:41 pm

Same shit different day.
Monarch
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:20 pm

My mother will say, with her most self-satisfied smirk, "Well I've had MY Christmas shopping done since before Thanksgiving."
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby coldharvest » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:24 pm

The Mayan people weren't the best predictors of the future because if they had been they might have foreseen the hellish ass whipping they got.
Notarise that on your stone calender.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby SRR » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:27 pm

Any number of things.

I plan on being locked and loaded, with my ballistic vest, riot helmet, slash-proof gloves and three months worth of rations at hand.

And then I'll be at work and not have access to any of it. Life's a bitch, eh?
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby lightstalker » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:56 pm

I could be in any number of places.

A. Dodging bullets in some shit hole

B. lying on a beach in some shit hole.

C. Dead somewhere in some shit hole.,
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby lightstalker » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:59 pm

Anyone know what will happen tommorow?.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby el3so » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:48 pm

lightstalker wrote:Anyone know what will happen tommorow?.

Hey, I do now!

Maybe it was just a fluke. Best thing to do is trying this over and over again, crunch what seem to be these clair-voyant visions by numbers.

So, anyone know what will happen tomorrow?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Ron Mexico » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:37 am

Well, according to the ancient Mexican Mayan civilization, it's the end of the 5th sun. The Maya were known to have a very accurate calendar. Apparently, at present the Maya are very fearful of the aforementioned date. Around the year 800 they abandoned their major cities, there still is no clear answer why they did that.
Ron Mexico
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:28 am

Yes, technically speaking Mayans devised calendars that predicted allignment and movements of planets - not just the earth rotating around the sun but saturn, venus and the rest too. Their entire civilization, seeding and harvest of crops, political decisions too were subject to final approval of mayan priesthood in accordance with astrological interpretation. Also the birth of kings, succession and termination of governments etc.

And these fucking calendars were dead-center perfect accurate at predicting planetary allignments covering span of near 30,000 years that interestingly is said to expire at/near Dec. 21 2012 when the mayan calendar system will no longer work with precision.

Basically, the most valid mathematical method of measuring and calculating movements of planets that mankind has ever devised, covering thousands of years, will terminate in 6 short yrs. By comparison the Julian calendar that corrects itself each 4 yrs is a joke. Even today we caint replicate, comprehend or completely understand the mayan system.

Meanwhile esoteric mystery schools are predicting 4th dimensional openings to occur that invite hyper-acceleration of the species towards achieving higher levels of psychic attunement/capabilities.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Nothing is happening.
Sri Lanky

Postby Outkast » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:01 am

Meanwhile esoteric mystery schools are predicting 4th dimensional openings to occur that invite hyper-acceleration of the species towards achieving higher levels of psychic attunement/capabilities.

Looking forward to it...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:55 pm

There are seven known dimensions according to some mystics. The higher dimensions have a higher resonating vibration(apparently) which is more in tune with the universe.

For instance,love and compassion are higher than anger and hate....their vibration is more in line with everything and you can feel that in yourself.

Supposedly people with bad vibes(like Bush or Pol Pot) go to a place to get fixed after they die.
Sri Lanky

Postby NIJ » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:02 am

First, this calendar (associated with the long date) was only used regionally and fairly briefly. Other, more prevalent and equally accurate systems, don't end at this date.

Second, the calendar doesn't end at that date, just the current baktun.

Third, the baktun has reset quite a few times already if you are an evolutionist, or at least once, if you are a creationist, and the world is still here.

I could add a million more reasons why these doomsday predictions are irrelevant, but instead I will just make the following:

The Mayans and the Chinese used the same systems. How come no one is freaking out over some obscure Chinese calendar flipping to the next page?
NIJ
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe