Austin, Tx - Who here has met/seen Leslie

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

for those who have been to austin (or not) did you have a Leslie sighting?

yes
75%
no
25%

Total votes : 4

Austin, Tx - Who here has met/seen Leslie

Postby britneyfan97 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:25 pm

I've only been in there a handful of times, and mostly confined to the Sixth Street area... I watched him swipe a cigarette right out of Texas Carnies mouth!

http://tspweb02.tsp.utexas.edu/webarchive/11-20-00/2000112008_s02_Leslie.html

http://austintexas420.tripod.com/leslie-cochran/pictures.html

http://austintexas420.tripod.com/random-pics/pic3.html

http://www.austinexperience.com/scenes/scenes_leslie.html

there was also some homeless guy with face paint on banging on overturned bowls/coffee cans/buckets... and it looked like he never blinked - he just stared at you as you walked by.
Proud of being first in the schools history to set a Government vehicle ablaze at Army Military Police Special Tactics Training Center.
britneyfan97
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:02 pm

I was an undergraduate at Texas about fifteen years ago and still visit Austin half a dozen times a year. Seen Leslie many times. Even chatted once or twice, but I was always pretty inebriated at that point.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:43 pm

Usually Leslie was too (inebriated that is) I'm sure.
I still remember him trying to brreak up a fight I was in.
There he was, heels in one hand, beer in the other saying "C'mon guys, don't fight, it's not cool."
It definately made the fight more memorable. I've spoken to him numerous times out there, as there just didn't seem much else to do.
And yes, Leslie took the cigarrette from me, because I was trying to talk him into getting his picture taken with a friend of Britneyfans from his unit.
The bucket beater was rather creepy however.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Tarkan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:24 pm

Yup. Seen the guy, never talked to him.

Speaking of 6th Street, did you guys eat Hell's Pizzaria (not the real name, forgot the real name, if you've been there at 2 or 3 am you know what I'm talking about).
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:04 pm

If it's the place I'm thinking of, I may have.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Tarkan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:12 pm

Texas Carnie Roadshow wrote:If it's the place I'm thinking of, I may have.

Hole in the wall. Back lit with red pentagrams. A couple of tatted dudes serving pizza, with death metal playing in the background.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:29 pm

Then no, I don't think so, but I think I've seen it.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Ole Leslie

Postby Tejas » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:42 pm

Seen Leslie on numerous occasions but never talked to him. A friend and I were going to try to set up another buddy by giving Leslie $20 to give the guy a "birthday kiss". But even at that point of the night, I knew i would have always had to sleep with one eye open. So we just bought some really bad shots instead.
"Every year you get worse. More booze, more bullshit, more buttfucking"- Marcus (Bad Santa)
Tejas
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:51 pm

I been to Austin lots of times and never seen this guy. Whats his story?
Stan- "These nerds are a threat to our way of life Betty."
Betty- "If they win the homecoming carnival they can take over the greek council."
Stan- "Yeah, then we'll be up to our necks in nerd shit!"
Dutchy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:34 am

I know he ran for Mayor of Austin, and also for city counsel once or twice. I think his last city counsel bid got him 17% of the vote. Something like that.
The man is the icon of 6th street.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby britneyfan97 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:44 pm

He's a homeless crossdresser who makes his presence on 6th street quite noticable.

Every time I have seen him it was a weekend night and he'd be out in the closed down section of 6th -they close it in the evenings as everyone is out going bar to bar to bar.

He'd be out there in a tube top and a thong or something blowing kisses at everyone and just being so... so, hmm - so out there that people would give him money/booze, etc.

funny guy, only said three words to him though - almost punched him when he came running up behind me (didn't know it was him, didn't know he was coming - just saw a blur in my peripheral vision)
Proud of being first in the schools history to set a Government vehicle ablaze at Army Military Police Special Tactics Training Center.
britneyfan97
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe