Awful beer.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby crotalus01 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:26 pm

Yeah Tacos, San Miguel. I thought it tasted like shit. Definitely one of the nastier beers to have passed my lips...even at .25 per bottle.
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Mikethehack » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:45 pm

My own piss after a week of binge drinking. It had a shockingly high alcohol content and got me wasted again really quickly, but was far too acidic for my liking. At least it was free (well, sort of).
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby shivers » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:28 am

We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:23 am

Olympia really is some nasty beer.

Tastes like the swill that passes for beer in China, with the same formaldehyde content and mad hangovers :P
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby OneLungMcClung » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:21 pm

marie-angelique wrote:Tastes like the swill that passes for beer in China, with the same formaldehyde content and mad hangovers :P

!

Wow - I thought the bigass 700mls of Tsing Tao tasted just fine... of course aafter 8 of them (.63cents US each:) ) I wasn't remebering much.

I'm gonna have to pony up with Miller Lite - nasty taste and a nastier hangover.
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:00 pm

I hear its better these days but there used to be a distinct chemical kick whihc didnt sit well the next day in humid heat. Closest Ive been to death on more than one occasion.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby z911hyper » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:24 am

nowonmai wrote:Image

I hear its better these days but there used to be a distinct chemical kick whihc didnt sit well the next day in humid heat. Closest Ive been to death on more than one occasion.

it has gotten better, its really not to bad these days
She speaks Italian, She speaks French, and I can't even speak good English
z911hyper
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:37 pm

Didn't we have this thread before.

Cool Colt, really nasty stuff followed by Midnight Dragon, though I drank a lot of the stuff in college (it was 50 cents per 16 oz can) also tried Cobra which is another wino beer, also about 50 cents a can. Also drank a lot of Schlitz, Schaffer, Schmidt’s and the like. We would usually fill the tub with ice and pick up the 10 dollar cases of the above beer on Friday nights; if the stuff was cold it wasn't too bad, couldn’t imagine drinking one warm though.

In a fit of nostalgia a few years ago I bought a six-pack of Schlitz, it still only cost about 3 bucks for the six-pack. Had one and threw the rest in the garage where it will probably rust. One of the worst beers I had was a piels that was on sale because it had turned (skunk) that was a nasty experience.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:08 pm

Why are you guys hating on the Stella? It's not that bad. The Stella Import was always better than the Export, but a bit more of a gamble. My mother once found a pile of cigarrette butts and ash in a bottle of Stella Import. It's been years since I've had it, but I don't remember it being that bad. Didn't they privatize it in the last few years?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:57 am

The stella I had on my last trip to Egypt was much better than the stuff I had on my first visit.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Awful beer

Any non-American beer

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby kilroy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:18 am

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Awful beer

Any non-American beer

~JITW

the only american beers that are really good are the high end ones like sprecher, leinenkugels, or sam adams. if you're drinking miller or bud you might as well be drinking tiger or ankor.

i don't mind malt liquor so much (with a few exceptions) but those are 'good' for a reason apart from taste.

worst beer i had was some shit stuff i had in korea, OB (oriental brewery, i think it stands for).
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:21 am

Any non-American beer

Never been to Belgum eh James?
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:25 am

I’m mostly joking – I just don’t like imported beer, just regular old Miller or bud is fine for me

rickshaw92 wrote:
Any non-American beer

Never been to Belgum eh James?

Funny that you mention Belgium, I was just offered a job there

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby WillyBlues » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Pound for pound (or is it ounce to ounce) the best American beer is Yuengling, pretty good stuff for the cost.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe