Travelers that cheat on loved ones?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Have you ever cheated on your loved one while overseas on vacation or business?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:16 pm

yes
27%
no
73%

Total votes : 22

Travelers that cheat on loved ones?

Postby Jumper » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:16 pm

Here is a poll that I think would be interesting. How many of you international travelers have cheated on your loved ones while overseas? Especially those that go for extended periods. Does this kind of traveling lifestyle promote this kind of activity? Does escapism include sex as well as adventure in a new land for you adventurists? Most of all do you think that leaving a loved one at home for a couple of months at a time is healthy or do you care? Not judging here, just curious as to a what the average would be out of a group of type A personality types here. The poll is intended for both the the male and female members of the BFC.
Feral Jundi

http://www.feraljundi.com

A blog about the security contracting industry.
Jumper
BFCus Regularus

-

Postby Foulplay » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:08 pm

Interestingly, I think you'll get a fair number of votes, but very few worded responses to this thread!

(I didn't vote)

:o)
Foulplay
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:34 pm

We are currently auctioning off IP addresses, links to users and vote results to interested parties... (just kidding... your secrets are safe at the flag)

but just in case.....

http://www.gloriaallred.com/home.htm

Gloria Allred
Allred, Maroko & Goldberg
6300 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone (323)653-6530
Fax (323)653-1660
http://www.amglaw.com/
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Yesh

Postby ROB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:36 pm

Those rumours about Foulplay were NOT true.

He never even met Pelton's daughters.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Don't you guys know the rules?

Postby Vincent » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:21 pm

It is not cheating if:

1. The sex occurs overseas.
2. The sex occurs with someone you had sex with before getting married.
3. The sex occurs in a state where you have not been issued a marriage license.
4. You did not enjoy the extra-marital sex.
5. You feel you were over-charged for the sex.
6. You feel you were under-charged for the sex.

Feel free to suggest additional rules.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:18 pm

No comment whatsoever. No comment.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:58 pm

Do farm animals count? I think Sri Lanky is still confused by which way he should vote.
RYP

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:03 pm

I voted no but I have no loved one to cheat on.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby patriot » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:06 pm

These two links go along with RYP's first post. Warning! You might piss your pants if you listen to these two audio clips.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=badnews.mp3

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=trust.mp3
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:01 pm

No Promises=NoApologies=No Regrets.
Dont commit to anyone unless you are totally and completely paralyzed by love, and I dont know anyone who can claim to have experinced love that deeply before.
I dont make any promises anymore to anyone because they are a pile a BullShite, and, it seems that as soon as you make a promise with the any of the folowing words: "Forever, Always, Neeverending, Eternal, etc"...[b]Once I use these types of infinite ideas to express or accentuate a [b]finite wish for the future[/b], THEN I HAVE ALREADY PLACED AT THE BASE, OR FOUNDATION, OF MY RELATIONSHIP, A BIG, FAT, APE-SHIT, SMELLING LIE..and with this kind of disastrous start to a relationship, from the beginning based on a promise that is completely impossible for me (or any other human being) to Fulfill, it erodes the what little trust me and my COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL Husband/Boyfriend may have had and once that trust begins to erode, it is quite difficult to reestablish it. I know I am going to die sometime or the Hubby or Boyfriend is going got die someday as well...or one of us is going to move or embark upon a totally new and different path in life which we may not be meant to follow. The Husband/Boyfriend may even cheat on me if he feels trapped in the relationship; so I have to work very hard to make sure the OTHER person knows that I really do not want any committments..It is difficult but not impossible..You can tell people all this but they are still going to be a little leery, especiallly people in their early thirties like Myself...By this age/time, most of us have already hurt someone and most of us have already been hurt by someone else. Hopefully it should have taught us that this is not the correct way to behave with others; nor, is the wisest use of our time in such a short life.
Ideas like "Forever" and "Eternity" have nothing to do with the finite human being..we die or we move in to a different path in life while our partner maybe taking some totally different route. My sole object in life and, especially in the the realm of intimate interpersonal relationships is this: If I find someone I enjoy spending time with, then all I really wanna do is spend our time together and have as much fun as humanly possible...Laugh play etc... until it is time for them to go, or time for me to go, whichever is first. This kind of negates any need for cheating, at least in my still semi-immature, and really, not all that knowledgeable opinion. But I just want to be able to enjoy my time with whomever I am fortunate enough to get to spend it.
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:04 pm

What about if you travel and your loved one cheats on you??????
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby shivers » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:06 pm

I voted "yes" to cancel rickshaw's "no". I don't have a SO either.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:07 pm

Vincent, the fee is irrelevant. The fact that you paid makes it "not cheating".
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:20 pm

Dawn using all those html formatting buttons is making me nervous..

ITS LIKE PEOPLE THAT WRITE EMAILS IN ALL CAPS...you wanna turn the volume down on your computer...don't teach her how to use the audio and color commands...OK? :))
RYP

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:28 pm

Well, let's see, my first time overseas, I met the one I was with over there, so no.
A year or two later, I did however use a deployment to get out of a, after I found out that she was married and her husband was in Korea.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe