Awful beer.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

american beer

Postby denise » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:26 pm

sam adams is good. there are a lot of micro-brewed european type wannabes out there but they tend to cost as much or more than the imports so you have to find something good and buy it out of patriotism. unless you're at a resteraunt that brews their own and serves it on draft and then by all means, go for it.

as i recall, a micro-brew with several different varieties which was quite good goes by the name of the "the three floyds". i don't remember where they're out of, but the cartons and bottles sport some nifty artwork so it's pretty easy to spot in the cooler. i have family in a place called floyd so i gave it a shot and i wasn't disappointed.

i'm expecting old speckled hen will be the favorite namesake brew of choice in my retirement years having inherited the scottish pallor of my father. fortunately, my yard is heavily wooded. if i don't get carbon credits for that, or at least some beer money, i'm doing a mister t and cutting down all the trees. someone notify al gore and my congressperson.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby lightstalker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:34 pm

The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

aye, laddy

Postby denise » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:48 pm

sounds like really good stuff.

http://www.impawards.com/1987/overboard.html
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Son of Loki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:34 pm

Aside from most American domestics, I had some pretty wretched stuff in Israel- Dancing Camel in particular. It had the taste and smell of solvent.
"Oedipus- Hey, he was the original MILF Hunter!"
- Achilleos Minas
Son of Loki
BFCus Regularus

Postby buffybot_in_beirut » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:04 am

Haven't tasted it, but I imagine "Asmara Beer" to be pretty foul. There is also "Asmara Gin," "Asmara Sparkling Wine," "Asmara Ruma," "Asmara Brandy" etc. You get the picture. George Orwell, "Victory Gin"...

I tried to sell a full bottle of Asmara Beer that I brought from Eritrea to a collector in eBay for a dollar. Nobody wanted it! :-)
buffybot_in_beirut
BFCus Regularus

Postby Stiv » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 am

Ethiopian beer was uniformly pretty darn good. I drank lots of it and more than a fair share of Tej.

Funny squat little bottle design on a few brands I just for the life of me can't remember thier names.

~Stiv
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bronco » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:21 pm

In a sense beer is like sex. There is no such thing as "bad" beer. Some are just not as good as others.

In this area, we have lots of microbreweries and some larger specialty breweries so we have some very good "craft" beers available at almost any place that sells cold beverages.

The Non-selling beers here are: Budweiser of any variety (watery, slightly sour), Coors Light (tasteless), Michelob light (flat tasting & bitter), and several other "light" beers.

If I find a can of one of these tossed alongside the road or in my yard, it was tossed there by a tourist because locals won't drink the stuff.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

hows abouts we disagree to agree

Postby denise » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:29 pm

beer is like sex, a lot of it bad like lukewarm flat oldstyle with a cockroach in it that someone hocked a loogie into and some of it good, like an ice cold sam adams on a hot summer day while the lawnmower is still working.

for great, i think you have to make the sweet love. i don't know whether they make a beer like that but if they do, puhleese let me know, for comparison purposes ya understand. i'd like to know what i've been missing:

http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/top11/loogie.htm
Last edited by denise on Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby soulohio » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Bronco wrote:In a sense beer is like sex. There is no such thing as "bad" beer. Some are just not as good as others.....

well now...if you offered me a Schaeffer's, I would usually decline remarking," no thanks...i already tooka shit today." but I am sure there are more diplomatic ways to decline any body's cooking or beverage...

but take heed to the skills of cooking...the way women are raised today most men will have to earn the money for the food, get the transportation for the collection of food, purchase said food and home with kitchen- along with utensils...and if it would only stop there...

you also have actual preperation, cooking (there is a difference than heating in this procedure) and serving said bounty...

and don't forget cleaning up so the bears don't come and ruin your dessert and 401K...
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:05 pm

There is no such thing as "bad" beer.

Yes there is. End of story.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby shivers » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:17 pm

There are also such things as bad sex and bad pizza.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby z911hyper » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:40 pm

soulohio wrote:
Bronco wrote:In a sense beer is like sex. There is no such thing as "bad" beer. Some are just not as good as others.....

well now...if you offered me a Schaeffer's, I would usually decline remarking," no thanks...i already tooka shit today." but I am sure there are more diplomatic ways to decline any body's cooking or beverage...

but take heed to the skills of cooking...the way women are raised today most men will have to earn the money for the food, get the transportation for the collection of food, purchase said food and home with kitchen- along with utensils...and if it would only stop there...

you also have actual preperation, cooking (there is a difference than heating in this procedure) and serving said bounty...

and don't forget cleaning up so the bears don't come and ruin your dessert and 401K...

amen
She speaks Italian, She speaks French, and I can't even speak good English
z911hyper
BFCus Regularus

i'll see your amen and raise you a

Postby denise » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:04 am

hallelujah.

what the hell are you talking about?

i even do the grilling around these parts.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alessandro » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:54 pm

Nesher beer that´s gross http://beer.trash.net/beerpage.php?beernum=16 , Goldstar is the best Israeli beer and that´s poor.
Singha is also rubbish...
Alessandro
BFCus Regularus

Worst Beer

Postby elnet1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:59 pm

Taiwan Beer @ .33 cents a large bottle - I followed up a punk Jack mormon kid who convinced the locals that Americans drink beer all day. He didn't realize that they were keeping him drunk so he couldn't do QA on the job. I came over and I don't have a limit (to stop, heh, heh). I would drink them under the table, go puke and keep on drinking. I think the most that I have drunk over there was a five puke nite, it tastes the same going down as up

As far as Chinese beer, Tsingtao is German based, and is really good

The brewery was founded in 1903 as a German-British brewing company to produce German style beer in China, producing beer mainly for Germans and other Westerners in China.

In 1915 the brewery was taken over from the German management and until 1945 was under Japanese management, who had confiscated the German share and bought the British share after World War I.
elnet1

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe