EMMASCULATION:German men not allowed to piss standing up...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Is gender identity being obliterated?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes : 15

EMMASCULATION:German men not allowed to piss standing up...

Postby Piggs » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:29 pm

German men told they can no longer stand and deliver
By Kate Connolly
(Filed: 18/08/2004)

German men are being shamed into urinating while sitting down by a gadget which is saving millions of women from cleaning up in the bathroom after them.

The WC ghost, a £6 voice-alarm, reprimands men for standing at the lavatory pan. It is triggered when the seat is lifted. The battery-operated devices are attached to the seats and deliver stern warnings to those who attempt to stand and urinate (known as "Stehpinkeln").

"Hey, stand-peeing is not allowed here and will be punished with fines, so if you don't want any trouble, you'd best sit down," one of the devices orders in a voice impersonating the German leader, Chancellor Gerhard Schroder. Another has a voice similar to that of his predecessor, Helmut Kohl.

The manufacturers of the WC ghost, Patentwert, say they are ready to direct their gadgets at the British market.

Their prototype English-speaking WC ghost says in an American drawl: "Don't you go wetting this floor cowboy, you never know who's behind you. So sit down, get your water pistol in the bowl where it belongs. Ha, ha, ha."

They also plan to copy the voices of Tony Blair and the Queen.

So far 1.8 million WC ghosts have been sold in German supermarkets.

But Klaus Schwerma, author of Standing Urinators: The Last Bastion of Masculinity? doubts whether it will ever be possible to convert all men.

"Many insist on standing, even though it leads to much marital strife," he said.

In German, the phrase for someone who sits and urinates, a "Sitzpinkler", is equivalent to "wimp".
ImageImage
Piggs
BFCus Regularus

Postby Stag » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:32 pm

God, further emasculation of the master race.
Stag

Postby DawnC71 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:16 am

How is it a sign of "masculinity" whether you piss standing up or sitting down.?
I dont get how one or the other makes you more or less of a man.
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:23 am

C'mon Piggs. Its easier to read a dirty mag if you're sitting down to pee.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Verofilo » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:26 am

Same reason why a dog licks his balls. Because we can, and that differentiates us. The fake differences of intelligence and rationality ("histerical" was a medical term and it meant that there was something wrong with the uterus) are gone, as they should.

All we have left are the biological differences, the two or three that there are.
Verofilo

Postby DawnC71 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:53 am

Well that is very discouraging...I like to think that men and women are vastly different, in many ways, and therefore, complimentary to one another, when in healthy interaction of course. To know that there are only a few differences left between us and that, how one takes a leak is a considered a "major" difference is more than a little bit disturbing to me.
Personally, I wont think any less of a man who sits down to urinate. Does not matter to me one way or the other...so if you think your masculinity is threatened with me because of this, then I can telll you, from at least my own woman's perspective, that I could care less. A man is a man for many reasons more important than this one.
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby Verofilo » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:21 am

Men have nipples too.
Verofilo

Postby DawnC71 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:22 am

ROFLMAO!
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby Marco_Benoit » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:19 am

WHat a bunch of homos! Hitler is doing somersaults in his grave.
Marco_Benoit
BFCus Regularus

what say we compromise

Postby mamie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:43 am

you can stand up AND clean the toilet.

if you're standing up, you're only doing it to impress other men anyway.
mamie

anything worth doing is worth doing well

Postby mamie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:45 am

oh, and clean up the floor, the wall, and whatever else you hit.
mamie

Re: what say we compromise

Postby Piggs » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:53 am

mamie wrote:you can stand up AND clean the toilet.

if you're standing up, you're only doing it to impress other men anyway.

Impressive is when I have my back against the wall, and I can still get most of it in the urinal...
ImageImage
Piggs
BFCus Regularus

I'm a man, the whole world is my toilet

Postby el3so » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:20 am

Piggs wrote:
mamie wrote: if you're standing up, you're only doing it to impress other men anyway.

Impressive is when I have my back against the wall, and I can still get most of it in the urinal...

Impressive is rolling yourself a cigarette while still peeing in the urinal. And nope, I can't do the rolling bit one-handed...

Muslims usuallly sit down while taking a pee or so I'm told.

Still, nothing better than to take a whizz outdoors, I'm guessing it's got to do with marking territory. I for one always have more 'ammo' when not at home.

And let us not forget the joy of writing one's own name in the snow... On moments like that, it truely feels like it is a man's world.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby patriot » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:50 am

WHat a bunch of homos! Hitler is doing somersaults in his grave.

LMFAO
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby britneyfan97 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 pm

writing in snow... naaah. we have pics of piggs writing his name in the sands of iraq just as we were crossing the border.

and if one of those things started telling me... i'd just have to piss on it!
Proud of being first in the schools history to set a Government vehicle ablaze at Army Military Police Special Tactics Training Center.
britneyfan97
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe