What's your everyday watch?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: What's your everyday watch?

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:08 pm

I like the Speedmaster, but I prefer the simplicity and functionality of my Seamaster, particularly for those 300 metre dives I routinely make in the Chesapeake Bay.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Travelbug » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:05 am

Chimborazo wrote:for those 300 metre dives I routinely make in the Chesapeake Bay.

Apnoe?
Travelbug
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:27 am

I'd be tempted to try these people for a wristwatch
http://www.vianney-halter.com/
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Travelbug » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:52 am

Interesting, Coldharvest. Had never heard of that brand "Vianney-Halter". Isn't even on the list of www.chrono24.com.

Found this.

Quite a unique style.

Pricetag: above US$ 40.000
Travelbug
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:26 pm

I always tell locals that my bung bunga adventure watch has a rectal thermometer on it....they nod in sage understanding but I know it fucks with their head...:))

here is a perfectly good watch for 42 bucks

Timex Expedition® T46891 Analog
Men's Watch with Date and Night Light
Men's Casual Watch with Three-Hand Display, Date, Electro-Luminescent Night Light, 50 Meter Water Resistance, and Water Resistant Leather Band
Timex Expedition watches make up a large portion of the Timex Outdoor watch line. Within this line are several groups, or families, of watches, each with a specific feature complement. The Timex Expedition T46891 Analog Men's Watch is a member of the Outdoor Casual family of watches. And while this watch is definitely built for outdoor wear, it is not huge and its styling is far from radical. We figure that, as a handsome analog watch with a leather band, the T46891 will look just fine with everything from jeans to business suits.

Timex Expedition® T46891 Analog Men's Watch with Date and Night Light

Please Click To Enlarge

The case of the T46891 watch is brushed metal with what we'd call a titanium-colored finish. It's definitely darker than ordinary brushed stainless steel, and it looks really cool. The back of the case is brushed stainless steel, and the difference in color is obvious. The watch face is a medium-dark gray, essentially the same color as the case. The hour and minute hands are white and luminescent, and the second hand is red. The hour markers are polished silver-tone metal. These are all Arabic numerals except for the Expedition logo at the 12 position and the date window at the 3 position. Just outside the hour positions are 12 white luminescent dots on a narrow black band that circles the outer edge of the face. The watchband is medium-brown water-resistant leather with a brushed metal buckle that matches the case.

Pressing the T46891's crown lights the bright blue INDIGLO® electro-luminescent night light for as long as the crown is depressed. The night light illuminates the entire face evenly so that you can see all three hands clearly.

The T46891 watch has a convenient QUICK-DATE® feature that allows you to set the date independently of the time. To set the date, you pull the 3-position crown out to its middle position and turn the crown either direction. To set the time, you pull the crown all the way out and turn it either direction. To use the watch's night light, the crown must be in its innermost position for normal timekeeping.

Timex has long been noted for offering products of high quality and durability at very affordable prices. The T46891 Expedition watch is no exception. You get a watch that's practical, tough, distinctively styled, and an excellent value. Please read the note below, and then check out the Features and Functions list that follows. For a watch that's called Outdoor Casual, the T46891 certainly won't look out of place indoors, even on dressy occasions.

Note: The band on the T46891 watch has 9 holes for the buckle. From our measurements and testing, we figure that this watch will fit wrist sizes from about 6 to just over 8 inches.

Features and Functions

* Full-size casual analog watch for men.
* Titanium-colored brushed metal case with stainless steel back.
* Hands indicate hour, minutes, and seconds, and a window at the 3 o'clock position shows the date.
* Hour and minute hands and dots at the hour positions glow in the dark.
* Bright blue INDIGLO electro-luminescent night light lights when crown is pressed.
* Band is medium-brown water-resistant leather.
* Watch is water-resistant to 50 meters (165 feet) if crown is not pulled out or pressed when submerged.
* Powered by one CR2016 battery. Expected battery life is 10 years under normal operating conditions (no excessive night light use).

Availability: Exact quantity available will be displayed in the shopping cart, after you click the button below.

Orders placed by 3PM CST on weekdays will be shipped the same day,
orders placed after 3PM CST will be shipped the following business day.

timext46891padRegular price: $42.95padSale price: $19.95pad
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:43 pm

yeah, i have a timex expedition. it is a few years old and looks like hell. i paid 9.95 for it and finally had to replace the battery for 8 usd.
i get great deals on timex watches at www.campmor.com. i would rather spend my money on travelling.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby Haydon 5 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:52 pm

Tissot Seastar with gyrowind (similar or same to that ecodrive stuff). Had it eight years, never had a problem. Its my only watch. Bought it in Basel for 150 swiss.
They dont seem to have my model any more but it looks a bit like this.

Haydon 5
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:59 am

RYP wrote:I always tell locals that my bung bunga adventure watch has a rectal thermometer on it....they nod in sage understanding but I know it fucks with their head...:))

But does it keep them from stealing it?
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby docjoyce » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Just picked up a Suunto Observer, and may trade it in for the Xlander Mil edition as it is dive rated.

These watches are fantastic and both observer and X landers are made in Finland. Check them out if your looking for a wath. I will post an actual pick later.
I don't know you

I didn't see the life you have had to live

But I hope someday our children come together

And fill the void that we never did
docjoyce
BFCus Regularus

Postby SRR » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:55 pm

I carry one of these around, and use every single function numerous times every day. Except Easter. To hell with Easter.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Liam » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:07 pm

Seiko automatic dive watch, have had it over 10 years and it is pretty durable, however it finally shit the bed and I have it in the shop for service, a 4 mile log and tire run at Pendleton finally did it in...

IMO it looks like the more expensive Diver watches like the Rolex and the Omega but is more reasonably priced...

mine has a metal band....

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/SKX173.asp
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity
Liam
BFCus Regularus

Postby Swordsman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 am

Picked my old Marathon TSAR out of the box a couple of months ago and been wearing it ever since. Got it sandblasted a while back to get the glare off.

Image (not my actual watch, but just some pic i found online)
"We are the last bastion of free Fuck You shithole travel agents... like Orbitz run by the Soup Nazi...like Club Med run by Goebbels...like a discount seat contest on a North Korean SCUD... - RYP
Swordsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Swordsman wrote:Picked my old Marathon TSAR out of the box a couple of months ago and been wearing it ever since. Got it sandblasted a while back to get the glare off.

Image (not my actual watch, but just some pic i found online)

Is that picture actual size? It looks as if it should be.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby TheKid » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Seiko Kinetic Diver (tough as shit and then some) and a Tissot PRC 200.

I love the Tissot, though, a little blingy for some parts of the globe.
"With out the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"
~Reinhold Messner
TheKid
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 pm

To save wear on my Pulsar watch that I mentioned on page five I have had a Roamar amphibio, that I have owned for many years, refurbished and am now wearing that day to day. An all round tough watch thats easy on the eye, except at night as the luminosity has worn down (damned half life).
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!