Awful beer.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Awful beer.

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:22 pm

I guess America gets Gold in the Worst Beer olympics...

You mean the United States right?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby lightstalker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:32 pm

I think most Americans are aware that beer has played a very important part in their nations short history.
If it weren't for beer, the Pilgrims may have thought twice about leaving port. Sure, they could have stocked up on water, and drank it until they all died of typhoid poisoning before they even reached Plymouth.Beer is an integral part of American history.George Washington was such a staunch beer advocate that he drafted up his own recipe. The question is, why is it all tasteless homogenized shit?.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby lightstalker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:03 pm

Did the beer giants of America, like budweiser ,throw out all the old recipes just to make light, straw coloured weasel piss?..
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:35 pm

lightstalker wrote:Did the beer giants of America, like budweiser ,throw out all the old recipes just to make light, straw coloured weasel piss?..

The big brewers were the ones that survived by Malt production during prohibition. After prohibition the US had lost its taste for beer and the local breweries were destroyed by that most evil piece of legislation. Wineries even more so.

Like all kinds of prohibition, when something is made illegal its strenth tends to rise. Prohibition gave the US a taste for hard liquor and its taste for real beer declined.

Authentic American beer can be found still in what is called "farmer beers". Beers that are older than the craft beer movement but sold to a localised customer base. The best examples of this are Yuenglings Porter, Huber, Berghoff, Point, Lienenkugal and Shiner. Perhaps others but those are the ones I know of.

Budweiser is only drinkable in 8oz cans that have been in the freezer for a while on a very hot day. Drink fast.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:09 pm

We drink A LOT of Shiner Kurt.

But this has to be one of the worst

I'll drink the Bull but not this shit or St, Ives.

Ecchhhhhhhh !
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:47 pm

Kurt wrote:
Budweiser is only drinkable in 8oz cans that have been in the freezer for a while on a very hot day. Drink fast.

Its quite drinkable if you get the real thing and not that pissy Yank knock off.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby lightstalker » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:13 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Kurt wrote:

Its quite drinkable if you get the real thing and not that pissy Yank knock off.

+1

lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Stiv » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:49 pm

19 D 20 wrote:We drink A LOT of Shiner Kurt.

But this has to be one of the worst

I'll drink the Bull but not this shit or St, Ives.

Ecchhhhhhhh !

I liked Steel reserve (and malt liqure in general) it's particularly good with Indian and Ethiopian food. Then there was Crazy horse too....................

~Stiv
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jäeger » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:16 pm

I liked Steel reserve (and malt liqure in general)

I can see why you quit drinking in that case brother! :)
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Stiv » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Jäeger wrote:
I liked Steel reserve (and malt liqure in general)

I can see why you quit drinking in that case brother! :)

lol true there really wasn't too much I didn't like to drink, and if the chips were down it was Alllll goooood!

Best,
Stiv
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby crotalus01 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:12 pm

I have seen a new beer in the convienience stores lately called Chelada. It comes in a 24 ounce can, and is Budweiser or Bud Light mixed with Clamato (clam juice and tomato juice for those who dont know). Anyone here sampled it? I have talked to one guy I work with who had it, he said he took one sip and poured i down the drain...said it tasted like carbonated salsa with beer hints and rotten shellfish.
Myself, I dont have $1.50 to waste on something I KNOW is gonna taste like shit or worse...
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Stiv » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:34 am

crotalus01 wrote:I have seen a new beer in the convienience stores lately called Chelada. It comes in a 24 ounce can, and is Budweiser or Bud Light mixed with Clamato (clam juice and tomato juice for those who dont know). Anyone here sampled it? I have talked to one guy I work with who had it, he said he took one sip and poured i down the drain...said it tasted like carbonated salsa with beer hints and rotten shellfish.
Myself, I dont have $1.50 to waste on something I KNOW is gonna taste like shit or worse...

Sounds like it just need a spalsh of vodka.

~sTIV
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jäeger » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Sounds like it just need a spalsh of vodka.

True, but everyone knows that there is nothing that this formula will not help.

My question is when did it become too difficult to just add tomato juice, salt, clam juice or any other additives to your beer? It doesn't seem like the type of thing that needs to be pre-packaged.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby lightstalker » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Where on earth did the idea of adding tomato juice to beer come from?.That does not sound very appealing at all.
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Jäeger » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:05 pm

Where on earth did the idea of adding tomato juice to beer come from?.That does not sound very appealing at all.

I don't know where the idea came from, but in this neck of the woods it is quite popular. Iron City, tomato juice and a pinch of salt is a fantastic hangover cure as well.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe