Folding Knife for every day carry...

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Folding Knife for every day carry...

Postby Woodsman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:37 pm

beside that, black oxide finishes stave off rust. Keep in mind that stain"less" steel, isn't rust proof, but rather rust resistant. Additional coatings increase that rust resistance, which is a good thing.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:05 pm

I carry an Emerson Commander as my everyday go to work knife. I was a knife junkie for a bit a few years back. I bought it to replace a Benchmade that I had lost and then after buying the Emerson I found. The Emerson has one use and that would be to stick in someone if needed. That is what it is good for. Because of the "wave", I can open it up with one hand faster then even an automatic knife. For real knife work, I have a small Spyderco that I found on the ground. The knife needed a bit of work but it was free. Best free knife I ever found.

For working around the yard/house, I use a Cold Steel Bushman. They are a great work knife and they don't break the bank.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 pm

nowonmai wrote: Ideally the black coating wouldn't come off but what can you expect for cheap shit.

!!!!!!! Order your set of TacticalCandles now at http://www.ripoff.com !!!!!!!
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Hitoru » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:10 pm

nowonmai wrote:Shivers should know this, being named after them, first rule is that the victim shouldn't see the blade until it's been in and out of them a couple of times. That knife isn't made for killing, the black coating makes it look sexy and goes some way to reducing glint - which as all scouts know - is the longest range visible spectrum give-away of human presence in an area (which is why anyone llikely to get stuck in a desert carries a mirror for signalling aircraft). Ideally the black coating wouldn't come off but what can you expect for cheap shit.

So what did you do with all the victims after you eviscerated them with your expensive knife sir ?
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Devlin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:12 pm

19 D 20 wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Shivers should know this, being named after them, first rule is that the victim shouldn't see the blade until it's been in and out of them a couple of times. That knife isn't made for killing, the black coating makes it look sexy and goes some way to reducing glint - which as all scouts know - is the longest range visible spectrum give-away of human presence in an area (which is why anyone llikely to get stuck in a desert carries a mirror for signalling aircraft). Ideally the black coating wouldn't come off but what can you expect for cheap shit.

So what did you do with all the victims after you eviscerated them with your expensive knife sir ?

He has a wood chipper on his pig farm.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Devlin wrote:He has a wood chipper on his pig farm.

I took a picture of the head of a commercial whole tree chipping operation chipper earlier this year on one of the jobs and of course now I can't find it - buried in the archives I guess. The guys have told me they run porcupines through it from time to time (probably not on purpose, but because they are denning up in hollow beech trees that run through the hopper.

I imagine since up to 12"+ hard maples go through it with relative ease, it would not be a problem to run a human strapped through a pole through it just as easily. We don't have CSIs around here, and even if we did do you think they could possibly find the remains somewhere spread through an acre under 4' of wood chipper slash that is mixed with dirt, mixed up rodent parts, buried and smoothed over and planted with a mix of Fescue and rye afterward? Good luck!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dark11Crusader » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:50 pm

I've been carrying a Spyderco SALT 1 for like 6 months or so. A friend bought it for me as a grad present after college. To be clear, I never really liked spyderco knives, the design really bothered me for some reason. But honestly its really grown on me.

Its not too big, really light, and the blade is made of H-1 steel, which doesn't rust in any kind of water, and stays DAMN SHARP.

It's not an assisted opening, but for EDC its a perfect size and weight, you'll never even realize that you are carrying it. That thing gets put through its paces, and it never dissapoints. I HIGHLY recommend it, though I have no idea what one would cost.
"
Dark11Crusader

Postby nowonmai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:04 pm

19 D 20 wrote:
nowonmai wrote:So what did you do with all the victims after you eviscerated them with your expensive knife sir ?

Quarter them and display their skulls at the Tower.

In 1283, it was inflicted on the Welsh prince Dafydd ap Gruffydd in Shrewsbury. Dafydd had been a hostage in the English court in his youth, growing up with Edward and for several years fought alongside Edward against his brother Llywelyn ap Gruffydd, the Prince of Wales. Llywelyn had won recognition of the title, "Prince of Wales", from Edward's father King Henry III, and both Edward and his father had been imprisoned by Llywelyn's ally, Simon de Montfort, the Earl of Leicester, in 1264.
Edward's enmity towards Llywelyn ran deep. When Dafydd returned to the side of his brother and attacked the English Hawarden Castle, Edward saw this as both a personal betrayal and a military setback and hence his punishment of Dafydd was specifically designed to be harsher than any previous form of capital punishment. The punishment was part of an overarching strategy to eliminate Welsh independence. Edward built an "iron ring" of castles in Wales and had Dafydd's young sons incarcerated for life in Bristol Castle and daughters sent to a nunnery in England, whilst having his own son, Edward II, assume the title Prince of Wales. Dafydd's head joined that of his brother Llywelyn (killed in a skirmish months earlier) on top of the Tower of London, where the skulls were still visible many years later. His quartered body parts were sent to four English towns for display.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:19 am

nowonmai wrote: In 1283, it was inflicted on the Welsh prince Dafydd ap Gruffydd.

10 bucks say that guy was the only gay in the village.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Woodsman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Just a quick comment - I am now carrying both my leatherman and swblobs model knife as edc and the swblops has been used mostly to remove teddy bear chollas from my shoes - which is a very practical aspect of having a knife around here in the desert. One interesting feature of that cheap S&W blade is that the same mechanism that locks the blade closed when it is in my pocket (you don't have to use it if you don't want to) works as a secondary blade lock when it is open, making the blade-handle connect extremely sturdy (similar to a fixed blade, but let's not kid ourselves, this is a locker).

I am quite happy with this knife.

Also: While I have broken off at least 6 of the leatherman belt clips, I have yet to break off the belt clip on this S&W. If it is truly discontinued, this knife falls into the category of really cool things you can't buy anymore.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:18 pm

I pretty much only carry CRKT folding knives

~James
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Lost Boy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 pm

If you want to go all out and price is no object, a knife can't get much cooler than a HALO III.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:57 pm

For some folding knife ideas you can check out a few of my reviews

http://www.deathvalleymag.com/category/knives/

~James
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby coldharvest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:10 am

nighthunter wrote:my folding knife that i always carry is the victorinox knife.

ah yes, the battle proven Swiss Army Knife.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby coldharvest » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:12 am

charchilp wrote:10 bucks say that guy was the only gay in the village.

[url=http://]SEO Blog[/url]

Little Britain says fuck off
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!