Media RYP Blog Attack!

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Media RYP Blog Attack!

Postby RYP » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Interesting to watch these folks do-loop and feed off each other...

http://stupidest.wordpress.com/

http://billandbobsadventure.blogspot.co ... es-of.html
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Media RYP Blog Attack!

Postby Caliban » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 pm

That is one fantastic composite face picture.. But you can bet that someone had to sit on someone elses face (and other bits) to get their hands in the right positions
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Log Rolling is the term for authors who favorably review one another's books.

Blog Rolling.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Jumper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 am

Bill and Bob's Afghan Adventure wrote:The cheering from the triple-A in crowd couldn't have been more intense, however, than the cheering that ensued from the article written by Robert Young Pelton in the February, 2009 edition of Men's Journal.

I'm sorry, folks, it's a lengthy article, and I'm going to do my best to deconstruct it. I have to; not because it's my job, but because somebody has got to do it. I could just say that it's a pile of steaming fresh tripe and leave it at that, but I'm going to be a bit more definitive than that. Let's start off with this, though; there are outright lies in the article. Not only are there lies, but there are misrepresentations; manipulations and twists of actual places or people to paint the picture that Mr. Pelton wants to paint. In addition to the lies, there is the obvious attempt to cast a certain light on some of the persons who are key to his telling of the story. There is also a refutation from COL(R) Steve Fondacaro, the HTS program manager, followed by a glib dismissal from the author, again claiming to simply be reporting his observations with prejudice or slant.

....laughing on the inside
Feral Jundi

http://www.feraljundi.com

A blog about the security contracting industry.
Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:10 am

Here's a question Jumper. Why would a blogger make accusations about lying and then when I offer to provide definitive proof that the opposite is true....they never write me back?

They sure talk tough behind a keyboard.
RYP

Postby dawud » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:40 am

RYP, I thought it was pretty clear that you were just offering your observations in the article, and preserving the ability to use the jokes and opinions of the soldiers involved by avoiding their personal names. It is strange that people don't offer their own names and emails while condemning you for not providing those of senior officials and soldiers who obviously couldn't have their names linked to opinions critical of the mission or the chain of command.

Similarly, the nic I go by on the BFC is the name my friends know me by in real life, but people who only ever use false nicknames here have fits about my identity, beliefs or experiences...

At least you put your own name up there, leave a webpage where you can be contacted, and answer your emails. I don't know what to say for billybob, but apparently he's doing 'high-speed top-secret covert intel work' - which he "could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you" <insert rolling eyes>
Religion is often criticized for its heavy-handed approach to guilt and shame. The Ford fiasco convinces me that there is an important place for both.
dawud
BFCus Regularus

Postby derek » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:42 am

Damn! Bob and Bill seem to have a lot of time on their/his hands. I scrolled about halfway down before becoming bored. Who has that much energy to bash somebody else?
"I'm from where Soviet weapons still decide elections"
derek
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 am

Exactly...of all the things on the planet that need to be written about and the last person on earth you would want to call out... I suppose some people can't help themselves. I will give him 24 hours to apologize and remove his crap and then publish the pictures here.
RYP

Postby pritchard » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:53 am

I like how upset he got about having a drink...
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children."
- John James Audubon
pritchard
Snow Ninja

Postby LechoZX » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 am

Mr. Billy Bob sure seems to know a lot about what did or didn't happen for somebody who was thousands of miles away.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jumper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:57 am

RYP wrote:Here's a question Jumper. Why would a blogger make accusations about lying and then when I offer to provide definitive proof that the opposite is true....they never write me back?

They sure talk tough behind a keyboard.

Hey Pelty, don't look at me. Your the supposed expert on HTS now, so defend your bullshit.

Anyhoo.....I thought you didn't care what bloggers had to think? .........Obviously this is you not giving a shit. :)))
Feral Jundi

Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:00 am

I don't think I have ever commented on Bloggers other than to point out they have no fact checking, liability or quality standards. As for defending the HTS, I don't think the blogger in question even knows what they do or has even spent any time with them. Watch his site tomorrow.
RYP

Postby Jumper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:42 am

Mr. Pelton wrote:I don't think I have ever commented on Bloggers other than to point out they have no fact checking, liability or quality standards. As for defending the HTS, I don't think the blogger in question even knows what they do or has even spent any time with them. Watch his site tomorrow.

This is funny. So you make this martyr post about bloggers picking on you, and all of a sudden the flag is supposed to cry for you or jump up in your defense?

How about this one 'mr. travel author deluxe with cheese'. You wrote it, you defend it.

No, better yet, if the dude won't post your airtight rebuttal, then post the thing here in the warm safe bosom of the flag. But please, this whiny pee pants shit is killing me.
Feral Jundi

Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:52 am

But please, this whiny pee pants shit is killing me.

you mean like your 'don't pick on my blog' pm you sent me?

hurry back to your My little Jundi diary before the boys read it and find out that you pee when you sneeze.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby RYP » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:06 pm

You will note Jumper, that the anonymous blog has now significantly been revised and he has removed his offending comments.
RYP

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe