Are the Japanese too cute and polite to do heavy metal?

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Are the Japanese too cute and polite to do heavy metal?

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:44 pm

This is taking the copycat-ism of American culture to dangerously extreme levels. Barry fucking Manilow may as well be singing Iron Maiden. They think that 48 schoolchildren singing a la Sepultura is cool!!!! They SIT in their chairs at concerts!!!!!

Of course the answer is an unabashedly yes.

The Chinese....the Indonesians....for heavy metal it works. The Chinese government should be grateful that all the anger and rage and frustration has found a vent.

But....back to the original question du jour. Why are the Chinese not too cute?...because they can relate to what is essentially Third World lyrics....and which is why black brothers on the fucked up streets of the inner cities fused it into the rock rap genre. I know black dudes,bad brains and all,who secretly like hard metal.

Ghandi is the Devil.
Sri Lanky

Postby el3so » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Let me once again state my opinion on the Japanese: they got off easy with just the two nukes.

Oh and
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Are the Japanese too cute and polite to do heavy metal?

Postby SRR » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Japs can't play metal?

Two words, man: Melt Banana.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Woodsman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:24 pm

One of the best metal guitarists I knew during my band days was a Japanese dude. He could rip. My thought is the island that gave us Ninjas is not too cute and polite to get in your face with a couple dozen collections of 100k watt driven 12" round drivers of death.

That being said, there aren't that many true ninjas there and that's the type that's gonna make the best metal player.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085vHb7Npp8

REKION...I watched another vid before this...it seems that they like a long intro before they start jamming.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Alright,so the Japs can play..but remember one thing. Metal and Ghandi are freedom and we are His global tribe.
Sri Lanky

Postby el3so » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Sri Lanky wrote: global tribe

It ain't a real tribe if most of it's members have access to indoor plumbing IMO
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ktrout » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:31 am

After having been immersed in Chinese culture for 10 years, "milquetoast" comes to mind. It seems to be a culture mired in the past. I think the Reds kill off anyone who wanted to do anything outside of the flutes and lap guitar mainstream.
Better red than expert, Mao said.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby DBR » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 am

You just have to admire a thread that not only mentions "ninjas" and "heavy metal" together, but contemplates the enormous possibility that a real Nipponese heavy metal guitarist would most certainly have to be a ninja.

Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath...not a ninjer...The Godfather. 8-)
I was on my way back from the P.O., not the Parole Officer, but the Post Office, and I was being followed by Yuri and Sergei Cutchikokoff. Normally these guys were my Ketel One dealers, but today was much, much different...

Survival Lab Blog
DBR

Postby Devlin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm

SRR wrote:Japs can't play metal?

I have had the honor of seeing them twice, once in Tokyo back when they started and just last year in Tampa. Unreal how heavy and fast they are.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Devlin wrote:
SRR wrote:Japs can't play metal?

I have had the honor of seeing them twice, once in Tokyo back when they started and just last year in Tampa. Unreal how heavy and fast they are.

I'm so pissed I missed them on their latest tour, I knew they were coming , & I thought about them when you mentioned using them against Gitmo detainees. One friggen day late. Goddamnit to hell I want to see them.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:50 pm

DBR wrote:You just have to admire a thread that not only mentions "ninjas" and "heavy metal" together...

Yes, but I hate a thread that mentions Barry Manilow and Iron Maiden in the same sentence.

Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath...not a ninjer...The Godfather. 8-)

Werd.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:12 pm

The synchronicity is alive and well. Last friday night I went to an old hole in the wall downtown where they have an internet juke box. Another old fart and myself were playing the old tunes from Master of Reality. If you ever venture to downtown Winterpeg be sure to check out the Vendome Hotel. It's full of the dispossessed. Aboriginals,old metalheads,junkies.....and the ladies. It's midwinter and everyone is sleepwalking.

The hotel is near the Forks but closer to the Forks under the Forks....if you know what I mean.
Sri Lanky

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe