Fuck Sunsets

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Fuck Sunsets

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 pm

I asked a close friend who has a terminal illness how many more sunsets she'll figure she'll see. She said,"Fuck that,I only see the sunrise!". This from someone who was told they had a few months left to live.

I have much to learn.
Sri Lanky

Re: Fuck Sunsets

Postby nowonmai » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:I asked a close friend who has a terminal illness how many more sunsets she'll figure she'll see. She said,"Fuck that,I only see the sunrise!". This from someone who was told they had a few months left to live.

I have much to learn.

She's got it the wrong way around. Who cares about sunrise, that's just there for milkmen and the walk of shame.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Both of which I love.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Chimborazo wrote:Both of which I love.

Just to clarify, I love milk, not milkmen.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:43 am

Sunrise, sunset, whatever it ismake every minute of it. I intend to as of today.

Two weeks ago yesterday (Thursday) my mum was told she had pancreatic cancer and probably had six months at best. Tuesday 10th Nov. She died. Five days. We had her funeral yesterday. Thats probably why I am sitting here typing this at 04.39 with insomnia set in.

But please, no "sorry to hear that" posts. They go without saying. I'm just makingthe point , earn every breath. That friend of yours is right, Sunrises are what count, another day to fill. The last two weeks have really brought that home to me
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:20 am

Caliban wrote:Sunrise, sunset, whatever it ismake every minute of it. I intend to as of today.

Two weeks ago yesterday (Thursday) my mum was told she had pancreatic cancer and probably had six months at best. Tuesday 10th Nov. She died. Five days. We had her funeral yesterday. Thats probably why I am sitting here typing this at 04.39 with insomnia set in.

But please, no "sorry to hear that" posts. They go without saying. I'm just makingthe point , earn every breath. That friend of yours is right, Sunrises are what count, another day to fill. The last two weeks have really brought that home to me

She gave us you for which we will always be grateful.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:50 am

Sri Lanky wrote:I asked a close friend who has terminal cancer how many more sunsets she'll figure she'll see. She said,"Fuck that,I only see the sunrise!". This from someone who was told they had a few months left to live..

suffering is one of the quickest ways to spiritual insight and maturity.

sigh.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 am

coldharvest wrote:She gave us you for which we will always be grateful.

hahahaha..............................you fucker
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby denise » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:29 pm

i vaguely recall you writing about your childhood awhile back and it sounded almost idyllic to me, i haven't walked down the road your travelling right now, but i hope you have some pleasant memories.

and i agree with coldharvest, i am grateful for whatever combination of factors gave this world - and my little virtual slice of it - a man like you. take care, dear, and remember to write.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:26 pm

denise wrote:i vaguely recall you writing about your childhood awhile back and it sounded almost idyllic to me, i haven't walked down the road your travelling right now, but i hope you have some pleasant memories.

and i agree with coldharvest, i am grateful for whatever combination of factors gave this world - and my little virtual slice of it - a man like you. take care, dear, and remember to write.

Why thank you. Yes she did leave us with happy memories. And as per her precise instructions to me a few days before she died we had a cracking wake on Thursday. (So much so, that for several reasons I didn't get to SRR's book launch as I had intended to.)

She had a poem in a frame on her sideboard for many years and I decided to read that out at her funeral.When I took it from the frame I found a second one, hand written, behind it. I had no clue as to who it was by although I did recognise the hand writing as my uncles, who had died many years before and I presume she had found it amongst his things. I decided to read that too as it summed up everything she had asked us to do for her passing. A friend of mine who was there and has an even more bizarre font of knowledge than me tells me that it was by Joyce Grenfell, Actress and song writer and penned for her funeral.

If I should go before the rest of you
Break not a flower
Nor inscribe a stone
Nor when I am gone
Speak in a Sunday voice
But be the usual selves
That I have known

Weep if you must
Parting is hell
But life goes on
So .... sing as well

Mums words were " Don't waste money on flowers, give it to the Hospice and tell everyone I don't want them whispering or pussy footing around the subject" and "And make sure I have a good send off, I want them (her cousins)to go wow" .

So we did !
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Penta » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:03 am

please, no "sorry to hear that" posts.

(So much so, that for several reasons I didn't get to SRR's book launch as I had intended to.)

That gives me the excuse to say my sorries: would have liked to have met you.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:24 pm

If there is light
it will find you

so fuck Sunset Boulevard too!
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Used to park my shaw south of the river and depending on the time of year I could watch sun set and sun rise from Waterloo bridge. Stunning.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:53 am

I was thinking today about an authentic Soviet Red Army watch given to me by a member of the Russian mob....and how I pawned it away when I was in the throes of a terrible addiction. What an appropriate way to get rid of such an item that represents so much destruction in the world. It was something I used to covet.

Two other things I covet are a bear tooth given to me by medicine people in northern Manitoba....and a yamulke given to me by a man on his deathbed.

This person who is dying is a descendant of Sitting Bull and someone who I have learned a great deal from. She has nothing but her spirit. I am considering giving her that bear tooth as a token of my appreciation. The yamulke will go to my mother when she dies....again,someone who doesn't have much in the material sense but it's not what you have,it's what you have to give.

It makes me think about how the sacred feminine has been used and abused by the collective ego of the world symbolized by the death machine of the Soviet Red Army.

It's amazing how the universe operates.
Sri Lanky

Postby redharen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 am

Since this is the TFHC, I'll point out an intersection regarding your post that I probably wouldn't normally point out. Yarmulkes and the Red Army.

I was just reading an article on Mount Herzl, the Israeli military cemetery, and how for years, the IDF stood out as this symbol of the Jews overcoming their historical passivity and standing up to fight and carve out a place for themselves in the world. But in the '90s, when all these immigrants from the former Soviet Union started coming in, the problem with the narrative got exposed because all these Red Army veterans were like, "What? Jewish passivity? There were thousands of us out there fighting Hitler." And it was true.

So now there's this odd memorial -- odd because it's not the kind of thing you normally see in Israel -- right in the middle of the state's shrine to civil religion. It's a special section for the veterans of the Red Army, and it commemorates their sacrifice and basically gives them credit for stopping Hitler in World War II. I guess you can think of the Red Army as a death machine, but as far as death machines went, sometimes it worked really well and did some useful things.

Might be a nice idea to give that lady that bear claw. Might come back to you someday anyway.
redharen
small ax

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe