Thuggery wins

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Thuggery wins

Postby Penta » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:16 pm

I always said I wouldn't be driven off the flag by thugs. Now I'm giving in. The thugs win.

I've always been game for the normal rough and tumble, but now that it's got to the stage where I can log on in the morning to find a series of posts (one now deleted) with images depicting and supporting kicking or punching me in the cunt, the game is no longer worth the candle. Violent, misogynistic aggression coupled with lies, distortions, and straightforward slander is not what I come here for.

The ignore function is all very well, but not much use when three of those responsible for some of the thuggery are moderators and the system doesn't allow you to ignore moderators. I can fight my corner fairly, but I'm not prepared to descend to the same level of viciousness, nor will I breach confidences, even when they could be used to refute some of the charges flung at me.

So enough's enough. I'm off. Penta has left the building. For now, at least.

Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Re: Thuggery wins

Postby Woodsman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

So does that mean cunttery loses?
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:52 pm

The Flag wont be the same without ya. Dont be gone to long.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Capitalism=Crises » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

I don´t blame you at all, penta. There has got to be greener pastures than here. My wife has told me several times to leave this board as there´s too many twisted creeps running the show. I think I just might leave as well.
¨The main enemy is at home!¨ -Karl Liebknecht
Capitalism=Crises
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:00 pm

Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby z911hyper » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Capitalism=Crises wrote:I don´t blame you at all, penta. There has got to be greener pastures than here. My wife has told me several times to leave this board as there´s too many twisted creeps running the show. I think I just might leave as well.

but the twisted creeps make it so entertaining
She speaks Italian, She speaks French, and I can't even speak good English
z911hyper
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:41 pm

z911hyper wrote:but the twisted creeps make it so entertaining

TRUE DAT.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fenrisco » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Capitalism=Crises wrote:My wife has told me several times to leave this board

Your wife is right. If your life is as shite as you claim you should be spending your time working your arse off to improve it instead of pissing it away on the Internet trying to justify your poverty to anonymous people who don't give a damn if you live or die with your tongue stuck to a frozen radiator. I know I don't.

Come to sunny Taiwan where thousands of superfluous Canadians make excellent coin teaching English. Economic migration isn't just for little shifty-eyed brown people any more.
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jäeger » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Capitalism=Crises:
I don´t blame you at all, penta. There has got to be greener pastures than here. My wife has told me several times to leave this board as there´s too many twisted creeps running the show. I think I just might leave as well.

Listen to the whinging. You haven't even been proper fucked with yet.

If you think this place is full of twisted creeps, no wonder your revolution never happens..... I'm sorry revolutionary comrades, we'll have to postpone the general strike again because my wife says I have to be home by nine.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby RYP » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Sorry to see that the foul mouthed antics of a select view has got to you. I wonder what motivates them to focus on you. My guess is that they are terrified of someone, and a woman who has an opinion that differs with theirs. Even more terrifying to them is that you won't take the argument down to their sexual organs. The side of effect of this is that they no longer have an anonymous female to batter with their keyboard. I don't remember anyone getting vitriolic against them but they seem to have no sense of scale or appropriateness. Any shrinks out there who can dissect why Flipflop and Nowanmai seem obsessed with Penta?
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby denise » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:14 pm

i'd be more interested in a shrink who could tell us why Penta persists in pursuing a bruising/ beating/battering as she sees it in the one arena she might be expected to prevail - a war of words as it were - her very own miliau and, one would expect, her weapon of choice.
Last edited by denise on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby thewalrus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:18 pm

thewalrus
BFCus Regularus

Postby Royal » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Capitalism=Crises wrote:. My wife has told me several times to leave this board as there´s too many twisted creeps running the show. .

"If you see any creeps tell his wife immediately."

...................................................."YES SIR."
...............................................................Image
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby RYP » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:30 pm

I think Penta is entitled to her view and comments as much as those who bash her are. If you disagree with someone you can ignore them, argue with them or change your own opinion but insulting them and deliberately using pictures of women who are tied up or incessentaly calling someone a "cunt" well past the point of humor is more a sign of FlipFlop's failings than Penta's penchant for taking an opposing view. It is not the goal of the forum to chase away intelligent contributors, regardless of their viewpoint.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm

RYP wrote:Sorry to see that the foul mouthed antics of a select view has got to you. I wonder what motivates them to focus on you. My guess is that they are terrified of someone, and a woman who has an opinion that differs with theirs. Even more terrifying to them is that you won't take the argument down to their sexual organs. The side of effect of this is that they no longer have an anonymous female to batter with their keyboard. I don't remember anyone getting vitriolic against them but they seem to have no sense of scale or appropriateness. Any shrinks out there who can dissect why Flipflop and Nowanmai seem obsessed with Penta?

And Denise, don't forget her .... Flipflop, Nowanmai ...... the "Mean Girls" of BFC. They are haters, American slang y'all for "one who strongly disapproves of and/or is jealous of someone".
I do hope Penta doesn't stay away for long. I don't agree with all of her points either, but I appreciate her learned and thought out remarks and observations, just as I do Nowonmai's. Reading their pov's, that is how I learn. Too bad that Nowonmai can be such an ass and goes over the line so often, he undermines his own intelligence when he does that .
There is a lot to be said for civil discourse ...... a whole lot. And labeling Penta as a drama queen, how junior-high is that? Instead y'all should be admiring her courage to stand up and state the obvious at the sure risk of insults.
Would that you losers have as much cojones, or class.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe