Paranormal experiences???

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Paranormal experiences???

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Something different from Jesus,aliens and zombies would be refreshing so maybe some of you could expound on some unusual experiences you may have had....sober or otherwise. I don't like the term paranormal and prefer to call them simply "experiences" because there is no way to define them. For myself they have generally occured during the meditative state just prior to sleep. Had one fairly recently and my neck still feels stretched to shit. One thing I know is it reminds me that we are not our bodies or our minds. Beyond that I have no clue what they are or what they mean.
Sri Lanky

Re: Paranormal experiences???

Postby ktrout » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:10 pm

I used to go for walks at night through the battlefields of Yorktown and didn't see a thing. If I were to expect to see something, I think that would be the place. Do I have to believe in them to see them?
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 pm

It happens in the darndest places and it helps to have an open mind. The capability is in all of us though I think some are more sensitive to it....people who have a family history of this sort of thing. I got invited to attend a spiritualist church,which might be interesting. It's comforting to know other people who have had these types of experiences. It's got nothing to do with religion. I'll descibe what they do there once I check it out.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 pm

Oh yeah,one more thing. It can't be forced.
Sri Lanky

Postby SRR » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 am

I have been wandering the arrondissements of Paris for a few weeks now, looking for a new pad, and there is one place that really gets me..... the site of former Lutetia. In fact, it's the only place in this annoying frog-town that feels.... interesting.

I hope wherever I move to, some fine ghosts will show up and drink scotch with me.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby ktrout » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 am

That's the thing. We all live in places where so many people have lived and died, sometimes violently, for thousands of years. If there were ghosts we should be seeing them everywhere. Do they assume that if you can't see them they can't see you? In that case, if there's poltergeists it would logically be better to not believe so they couldn't hurt me.
Yes, Richard Dawkins is my hero.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:04 am

Dawkins does an awesome job in explaining some the forces of the universe operating in the physical realm and mind realm...i.e. natural selection and self-replication. But he refuses to see past logical mind which is his own prejudice and arrogance. He's a fundamentalist atheist,which is fine,but don't think that the physical realm is the end all and be all. I don't believe humans know the final answers,our minds are finite....incapable of grasping the infinite. So it can only be experienced.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 am

I'd have a scotch with you,SRR...if it didn't fuck me up so much. Tried one of those monk beers you left in N. Yorkshire. My God,one more and I would have had coldharvest stamped on my ass.

I don't know if I'd refer to it as ghosts per se. When this happens I feel a strong electrical charge throughout my body. So I think there is some kind of stream of energy that manifests in a way our brain understands which is in human form though I have encountered entities that were registered by my brain as not quite human or maybe not human at all. The last experience I had I felt myself being pulled and stretched out of my body towards an entity in the form of a woman which probably explains why my neck feels stretched. Once I got to the woman's face I was forced to stop and then I consciously tried to see her face. Either I wasn't allowed or because I tried to exert my own force I snapped out of that right vibrational meditative state and boom...I was back in my body. My own energy had merged with this other inexplicable energy. That's the best I can describe it.

I have had this particular type of experience 4 or 5 times. Once,a person close to me had the exact same experience at the same time and we were miles apart. Someone who comes from a line of medicine people/witches. The voices are another type altogether......and no,I am not schizophrenic.
Sri Lanky

Postby ktrout » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 am

I am a probably more than normal open minded person who, when younger, would have been "open" to the supernatural. I just never saw any evidence that it existed. I agree with Carl Sagan that the Universe is far more wondrous than can be imagined without resorting to mysticism.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:08 am

The experience I hate is sleep paralysis. I've only had it a couple of times, though.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 am

Were you trying to get away from something?
Sri Lanky

Postby ktrout » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 am

Sri Lanky wrote:Were you trying to get away from something?

I can't remember what was happening in my dream. Just freaked me out the first time it happened.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 pm

If you are interested in dream states and consciousness and how they relate to "nonordinary reality" then I would suggest reading Carlos Castaneda. I would recommend that you do not indulge in his techniques. They are,IMO,dangerous without proper guidance. Some people work with his techniques when they are ready to check out from life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaneda
Sri Lanky

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:00 pm

ktrout wrote:I used to go for walks at night through the battlefields of Yorktown and didn't see a thing. If I were to expect to see something, I think that would be the place. Do I have to believe in them to see them?

I used to do the same thing in Jamestown and CW and would wander around Hollywood Cemetery (final resting place of President Jefferson Davis) at night. Never saw shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Cemetery_%28Richmond,_Virginia%29

http://www.hollywoodcemetery.org/history.html
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe