Smith & Wesson MP 40cal

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Smith & Wesson MP 40cal

Postby Devlin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Yesterday, I was given/issued a Smith MP 40cal. It is the Leo model so it will fire with the magazine dropped out. I am a Glock and Sig owner so I was not looking forward to the new gun. The fit and finish is good and the Trijicon night sites are real nice. I put about four hundred rounds through the weapon with no miss feeds, jams or any other problems. It is loaded up with Speer Gold Dot's and in a new level III Blackhawk Serpa.

Would I run out and buy my own, not yet but so far so good.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: Smith & Wesson MP 40cal

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks for the review.

Have you shot this weapon for precision (slow fire for best groups) relative to the sig + glock?
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Woodsman wrote:Thanks for the review.

Have you shot this weapon for precision (slow fire for best groups) relative to the sig + glock?

I plan on taking it to the range within the next few days and put my own ammo through it. Then I will then get the chance to get some groups in. I did run through a magazine and a half yesterday as fast as I could and it shot right through it.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jäeger » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 pm

You should get some tight groups. I think you'll find it grows on you. My buddy here who I shoot with bought one about 4 months ago and I've slowly grown attached. If If I find a deal, I'll definitely grab one now. It's a nice weapon.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm

S&W still makes the best revolvers, I never had one of their semi-autos

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Woodsman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm

The only s&w semi-auto I remember shooting was a "tactical" model - can't remember model number or even the caliber 9mil? (Stiv's gun) and it shot really nice tight groups and point to aim at cqb distances. I was impressed.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Don Jonson used a smith 45. in Miami Vice so S&W must be cool

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Jäeger » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 am

What kind of groups did you end up getting Devlin?

I went out to the range with my friend who has one again and it just keeps getting more precise. I damn near ended up trading my Sig for it. It honestly just gets better every time I shoot it. Was wondering if you had the same reaction?
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Q » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:24 am

Jäeger wrote:
I damn near ended up trading my Sig for it.

That is damn near blasphemy. Goddamn heathen communist union bastard.

You couldn't give me a S&W product if zombies were about to make a meal out of my dick. I've had so many problems with various types I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. I've had models that after a box of ammo have developed bulges in the chambers. Gaps between the cylinder crane and frame. Poor machining. They've been biting off Colt for years, and had to reach out to Walther for new ideas. Don't even get me started on when they jumped on the ar-15 fag-wagon. I'd rather take a Taurus revolver or semi than anything S&W makes. Those little brown monkeys can make a fucking revolver.

Fuck Smith and Wesson. Fuck them in the ass.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby coldharvest » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am

Q wrote:
Jäeger wrote:

You couldn't give me a S&W product if zombies were about to make a meal out of my dick. I've had so many problems with various types I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. I've had models that after a box of ammo have developed bulges in the chambers. Gaps between the cylinder crane and frame. Poor machining. They've been biting off Colt for years, and had to reach out to Walther for new ideas. Don't even get me started on when they jumped on the ar-15 fag-wagon. I'd rather take a Taurus revolver or semi than anything S&W makes. Those little brown monkeys can make a fucking revolver.

They were also the firearms company that caved into the government, no respectable lover of the 2nd Amendment should ever purchase a firearm from them.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Jäeger » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Q:

Tell us how you really feel. I'm glad I didn't actually make the trade!

It's nice to have you back my brother.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Q wrote:
Jäeger wrote:

They were also the firearms company that caved into the government, no respectable lover of the 2nd Amendment should ever purchase a firearm from them.

Yep, and people don't understand that the agreement they made with the government is fully enforceable, and that they had eight years during the Bush administration to get that agreement vacated. So as my friend Q so eloquently stated, fuck Smith and Wesson. Fuck them in the ass.

Although I do love the 686 and sometimes carry a J-Frame.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:50 pm

I figured I'd be preaching to the choir here re: the politics of S&W, and that's something each individual has to decide for themselves on.

J,

Thanks. And I figured this place could always use more Paultard.

I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Devlin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Well I still don't care for the feel of the trigger but I am getting use to it. In the next few months we will be able to switch to our own .40 Cal Glocks, Sigs or HK's. I will end up going back to a Glock.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 am

I forgot about this until just now because I haven't frequented gun forums in a while, but was the Glock kaboom issue with the .40 ever put to bed?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!