BIBLE CODE?

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:26 am

Im doing the same thing Kurt when I have time that is. Im in the middle of Psalms.
Stan- "These nerds are a threat to our way of life Betty."
Betty- "If they win the homecoming carnival they can take over the greek council."
Stan- "Yeah, then we'll be up to our necks in nerd shit!"
Dutchy
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:35 am

already read the bible. the ending is a bummer.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby need mine back » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:29 pm

Kurt wrote:I am reading the Bible now actually, But only just finished Genesis...Which is a cool book with all the rape, incest, sodomy, murder and betrayal that one could want. The happy ending is the Abraham family becomes very wealthy. The downside is that they leave off in Egypt. I wonder what happens next?

Have you read The Gun Powder Plot by Antonia Frasier?

Reminds me of a Clockwork Orange, where our protaganist becomes deeply involved in the bible.
need mine back

Postby Lotus7Productions » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:29 pm

The only true election predictor is the Washington Redskins... duh.

Except this year. But thats because those silly injuns took Clinton Portis off our hands. All hail the Bailey!

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/election.asp

Could Clinton Portis be responsible for terrorism? Shining Eye and Sri Lanky say yes!
Lotus7Productions
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:51 pm

Something that nobody has mentioned about this "bible code" nonsense is the fact that each discovery was made using ultra high tech computer technology that found the patterns to produce desired results.

This suggests that computer intelligence has emerged that can identify its own pre-programed knowledge of earth events through inscrutable patterns of its own deployment in random texts...... a parlor trick at best.

On history channel discussion of this topic, I liked the guy who obtained the same results with Melville's Moby Dick that Israeli researchers obtained in computer scanning Biblical Old Testament Torah.

It would be fun to run the same computer program through poetry and prose written and published by Aleister Crowley....... that's what I'd like to see.

(;=
yorick
malum discordiae

Previous

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe