10 year Marine grunt

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: 10 year Marine grunt

Postby SemperRunning0311 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:36 am

I contacted the hospital when the bills started coming in. I told them that I was unemployed at that time and I couldn't pay the bills. I asked the lady on the phone if there was anything I could do. She said, "Well, you could pay the bill." Friggin smartass. I have a shit job right now but I barely make enough to keep my head above water much less start trying to pay the hospital bills.
SemperRunning0311

Postby SemperRunning0311 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:00 pm

The credit report just says the amount owed is past due.
SemperRunning0311

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 pm

That could be a problem - bad credit is ok for a security clearance if you can show that you at-least tried to pay, even 20 bucks a month

When you just don't pay at all it looks bad and decreases the possibility that you will be granted a clearance

But when it comes down to it the only way to find out is to try

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby SemperRunning0311 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 am

I guess I could sit down and recalibrate my finances and see if I could send'em $20 a month just to get that on record. I don't know if that will make a difference at this point. I'm almost done with the paperwork and plan on having it in the mail this week.
SemperRunning0311

Postby lmetrucking » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:59 pm

SemperRunning0311 wrote:I guess I could sit down and recalibrate my finances and see if I could send'em $20 a month just to get that on record. I don't know if that will make a difference at this point. I'm almost done with the paperwork and plan on having it in the mail this week.

If you are speaking of the sf-86 paperwork you could go to the Fluor LOGCAPIV forum at indeed.com There has been a lot of posts by people with spotty credit
that you could PM or corespond with via e-mail rather than wait the 1-5 months it could take to process. That wont help you with your paperwork but it may give you an idea of what to expect so you can move on to "plan-B" if you have to.
At least that Cleric is not obsessed with cocks and things that might be thought of as cocks by a cock obsessed person.- Kurt
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Postby SemperRunning0311 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:25 am

Thanks for the forum man. I'll check it out.
SemperRunning0311

Postby RYP » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:32 pm

You might be in the wrong section of the Flag. Try the main forum. Plenty of interesting folks. As for James...Never get in the van.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:08 am

RYP wrote:You might be in the wrong section of the Flag. Try the main forum. Plenty of interesting folks. As for James...Never get in the van.

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby SemperRunning0311 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:46 pm

I like candy.
SemperRunning0311

Postby SemperRunning0311 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:49 pm

By the way James. Keep pushing the "weekend tactical jobs" project on DVM. I, for one, look forward to reading more on it, and I think alot of others will like it too. Thanks for the cool articles.
SemperRunning0311

Postby coldharvest » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 pm

SemperRunning0311 wrote:By the way James. Keep pushing the "weekend tactical jobs" project on DVM. I, for one, look forward to reading more on it, and I think alot of others will like it too. Thanks for the cool articles.

he does a good job there in spite of being himself.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:21 pm

SemperRunning0311 wrote:By the way James. Keep pushing the "weekend tactical jobs" project on DVM. I, for one, look forward to reading more on it, and I think alot of others will like it too. Thanks for the cool articles.

Thanks dude - I am trying to think up another one, sort of a thin field

coldharvest wrote:

he does a good job there in spite of being himself.

There is a constant battle in me brain - Bad James VS Badder James, but at-least I have 2 people to talk to when I am lonely

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby SemperRunning0311 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:14 am

James. I don't know if this would be a good idea for the weekend tactical jobs or not, but perhaps running firearms training classes on the weekends. If someone has the credentials, that may be a possibility. Just throwing ideas out there.

BTW. It's looking like that gig with MVM may be coming through. Keeping my fingers crossed.
SemperRunning0311

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:25 am

Hello Semperrunning and welcome to the board. I moved your thread to a section I think is more appropriate.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Farmdog » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Mr. Globe and Anchor,

Sorry to arrive late to the party. If you have a credit problem in the US and you want to kill it dead follow the procedures in the Dave Ramsey book. It might slow down your job for a little bit but if you haven't paid in a while it is going to stick with you for at least three to seven years any way. I got hung with about $80,000 in medical debt in 01 and no one ever hassled me on the civilian or military side because I was paying it down as best I could. Check into the the methodology spelled out in Financial Peace, it works a lot better if you arent afraid to call up collection agencies and bust their balls on a nearly daily basis. Just remember to have some cash in hand before you contact them, never give them access to your accounts, and dont give them a dime unless you have the terms to close the account in exchange for a cashiers check prior to the transaction. As for the flag, best of luck this place is full of some looney bastards. Stay low, move fast and hide in the low ground.
Farmdog
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe