Ever heard of Medusa Model 47

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Ever heard of Medusa Model 47

Postby mapandcompass » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:21 am

I hope this isn't some elaborate hoax. An ingenious design!

The only prelude I'd add is that where it says "ANY .38 caliber" they actually should have written "ANY straight-walled .38 caliber." I don't think a necked down cartridge like .357 SIG would fit this omnivore's diet.

http://jovianthunderbolt.blogspot.com/2 ... olver.html

"What an interesting revolver. It shoots just about ANY .38 caliber (which is equal to 9mm) ammunition out there, without any modification. Each cylinder has it's own extractor, rather than a star type for all 6, and it is this that holds in recessed rims like on the semi-auto ammo. Little fingers hold the cartridge for the firing pin to hit the primer

What a boon for those on a budget or as a survival gun that'll eat most anything you can scrounge out of a post necropalypse world, when the undead zombie walk the earth and outnumber the living 10,000 to 1..."

mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

Re: Ever heard of Medusa Model 47

Postby Woodsman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:48 am

I've never heard of it, but I do wonder if it would shoot .357 maximum. :-)

Edited to add that I looked this up. It is not a joke. The cylinder is extremely tough. Retails for $899 and they are very difficult to get right now (not surprising).

That is an awesome looking wheel gun. I am not a big wheelgun fan, but that is a Very, very sweet gun.

Apparently, this pistol has been around for quite a while. I am seeing forum posts that go back at least to 2004!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:12 pm

It was made in 1999, but no longer made. They will NOT chamber .357 maximum (not surprising the recoil would suck anyway), but will chamber 9mm, .38, .357, .380 etc. You could load up some serious .357 magnum rounds in this as the cylinder is 3-4x stronger than a typical s&w.

Very sweet gun. I will keep it in mind if I ever go to a pawn shop and see one sitting around for $250-300.

Reportedly, they have the ability to shoot with high precision.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:26 pm

That's really cool....I'd love to pick one up. Thanks for sharing.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby mapandcompass » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Woodsman wrote:Very sweet gun. I will keep it in mind if I ever go to a pawn shop and see one sitting around for $250-300.

No kidding. I wonder why on earth they would stop making these?
mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 pm

I remember seeing a review of this in some gun rag - seems cool, but I for 900 bucks just buy 3 used revolvers

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:45 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:I remember seeing a review of this in some gun rag - seems cool, but I for 900 bucks just buy 3 used revolvers

~JITW

Remember D&P shooting range on the southside? They used to sell old Sheriff's Office .38s for dirt cheap and my dumb ass never bought any. I'd love to have one for every room. And apparently VA Game and Inland Fisheries just sold a bunch of shotguns but I didn't find out until too late.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!