History

This Forum is to discuss History and to annoy Fansy and Nowonmai by existing at all.

History

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:03 pm

History is some cool shit bitches!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Re: History

Postby Rapier09 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:01 am

Would you be interested in having a discussion about the Seleucid and the Indo-Greek kingdom?

About where they got the name Apollo for Apollo 13?
Rapier09

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 am

Not really. But you being a nice enough geezer who seems to be utterly fucked in the head such a topic might be fun. 13 is my lucky number.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby coldharvest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:08 am

Rapier09 wrote:About where they got the name Apollo for Apollo 13?

He was a Sky God so the answer is obvious but I suppose crack-pots or conspiracy theorists have a different answer.
....so let's hear it.

I was born on the 13th so yet again I concur with Mr. Shaw.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Rapier09 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:20 am

Obviously but there are usually other meanings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollodotus_I

Apollo goes fine with their whole "out of India Gypsies" chic,the Augustines like to emulate.

His son Menander:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menander_I

And again the reference to an 8 spoked wheel(the anus apparently):

And one other alternative:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seleucus_I_Nicator

Wikicrackpedia wrote:Seleucus now held the whole of Alexander's conquests excepting Egypt and moved to take possession of Macedonia and Thrace. He intended to leave Asia to Antiochus and content himself for the remainder of his days with the Macedonian kingdom in its old limits. He had, however, hardly crossed into the Chersonese when he was assassinated by Ptolemy Keraunos near Lysimachia September (281 BC).

It seems certain that after taking Macedonia and Thracia, Seleucus would have tried to conquer Greece. He had already prepared this campaign using the numerous gifts presented to him. He was also nominated an honorary citizen of Athens.[49]

Antiochus founded the cult of his father. A cult of personality formed around the later members of the Seleucid dynasty and Seleucus was later worshipped as a son of god. One inscription found in Ilion advises priests to sacrifice to Apollo, the ancestor of Antiochus' family. Several anecdotes of Selecus' life became popular in the classical world.[50]
Rapier09

Postby Royal » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:57 am

coldharvest wrote:
Rapier09 wrote:About where they got the name Apollo for Apollo 13?

He was a Sky God so the answer is obvious but I suppose crack-pots or conspiracy theorists have a different answer.
....so let's hear it.

Ask the 33rd Degree Freemason's.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Return to History