10 year Marine grunt

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: 10 year Marine grunt

Postby coldharvest » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:09 am

Farmdog wrote:As for the flag, best of luck this place is full of some looney bastards.

Don't listen to him, he's an adult with a job and responsibilities.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Caliban » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:05 am

coldharvest wrote:
Farmdog wrote:As for the flag, best of luck this place is full of some looney bastards.

Me too.But only for another seventeen weeks today . Fan fucking tastic !!
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Caliban wrote:
coldharvest wrote:

Me too.But only for another seventeen weeks today . Fan fucking tastic !!

....but you're a policeman, surely you're leading a life of non-stop adventure and crime solving?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:00 pm

coldharvest wrote:....but you're a policeman, surely you're leading a life of non-stop adventure and crime solving?

He is on a break now because his talking dog is ill after eating part of an old deer carcass.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby bbnco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:15 pm

make regular payments ... the regularity is more important than the amount. pay ( about $45 ? ) for a myfico report on yourself, you get to see what they get to see. keep so clean you squeak, no shit, no parking tickets, no overdue library books, no nothing. take as many classes as you can, the continuing education thing is a big deal ( look at the FEMA/EMI online stuff ... it's free and though not directly in your line, it's a good resume stuffer, so is red cross disaster stuff ... not directly related but free and can’t hurt ). show them that whenever you aren't working, you're training. keep in shape, that's free too. get some online resume counseling or try the vetcenter ( dont pay a service ) ... go to a bookstore and read among the multiple books on going to work for the feds ( good info on resume writing ) ... there are half a dozen, take notes ... then see if the pubic library has any copies. check USA jobs for civilian government work ... not the dyncorp premium, but it's a job. welcome home.
bbnco
BFCus Regularus

Re: Whats up people

Postby LechoZX » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

steabella wrote:Heya friends, I am Nick, from States. I thought i must say hey to everybody so that could further move with all your warm wishes...

That is quite some trick. Your name and location seem to be changing by the minute.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe