Bear Gryllis

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Bear Gryllis

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:20 pm

RYP wrote:Not even if I toss in a RYP Survival Plastic Canteen, Signed Tactical Spork and the home version of the "RYP Jungle Kidnap" game??

Ha! I will hold you to not doing that

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:34 pm

"ability to take money from the stupid and gullible."

yes but aren't they the same people that save Paris Hilton qweef shots?

All fame is fleeting...Bear better start looking for yeast infection spray or collapsable ladder infomercial work soon.

Actually I saw former bible banger Jim Bakker selling yeast Infection spray, I figured that set a new standard for "former celebrity needs job"

here is another Yeast Infected finds God person:

PAULA WHITE
Ministry 81%
Political 0%
Promotion 4%
Fundraising 15%
Financial Information Provided Upon Request: None.
50This is the up-and-coming star of religious broadcasting. From her large church in
Tampa, Paula White and her husband Randy have been reaching thousands in person,
many who are disenfranchised or abandoned by society. That outreach has been
translated to the television screen in a slick, well-packaged daily half-hour program that
focuses on Paula’s prosperity gospel preaching. She is so well liked that she is the
current television minister who appeared on the most other religious broadcasts during
this study period, such as helping raise money during TBN’s “Praise the Lord” telethon.
As detailed in this study’s description of her appearance on James Robison’s show, White
claims a tragic background and has transformed herself into an inspiring presence. She
talks about her physical healing, in which she had an “incurable lung disease” and was
given only six months to live but now has 90% lung capacity. She also talks of having a
“compromised immune system” and a yeast infection that led to sugar cravings, which
resulted in her not having “the energy to do all God’s called me to do.”
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:14 pm

I saw former bible banger Jim Bakker selling yeast Infection spray

Jesus can not abide a wiffy growler.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby bombaclot » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:14 pm

I won't lie... I got a bear grylls expedition parka and it does it's job by keeping me warm and dry. But the knife does look like a POS. I think it's made in china, and I've never seen him use it on his show. It would probably get him killed. I've got some bear grylls pants too, made for the tropics. They're pretty good at drying off quick and they have some sort of insect repelent built in wich is priceless. They look really good with my Mr.DP shirts :) regardless of reviews I try not to judge anything before I get a chance to try it out myself.

At first I was skeptical towards his products, so before I made up my mind I wanted to try out some of his gear, and so far so good for the jacket and pants. And as for the knife... I would rather buy a hest folder and about a dozen Mr.DP t shirts for the same amount of money. Probably even have some leftover for some stickers or something.

Even though his show is not as real or entertaining as yours RYP, at least I could let my kids watch it. That's got to count for something right :) it's kind of like sesame street for a survival show.
bombaclot

Postby RYP » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:03 am

He is fun to watch. But how do you know if your kids are watching the "I am drinking my own piss" vs the family friendly ones?
RYP

Postby bombaclot » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:14 am

HaHa. Your right, I should probably screen the show before I let them watch it. I'd be pretty pissed off if I found my kids Trying to drink some piss... I like to think that my kids are a little smarter than that.
bombaclot

Postby Caliban » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 pm

bombaclot wrote:... I like to think that my kids are a little smarter than that.

So did Bear Grylls' parents...
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Lev » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:09 pm

I dont watch his Tv shows, but I do have a couple of items of Craghopper clothing with his name on. Excellent pieces of kit that stand up to any amount of abuse I can throw at them.
I do have an enourmous amount of respect for anyone who has served in the Special Air Service though. And also he does a lot of work to support our troops through the Combat Stress charity, and also Help for Heroes and SSAFA Forces help.
Dont like the Gerbers though. And I must admit I prefer Guiness to piss.

Lev
Lev

Postby Jeffjuice3886 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:29 pm

I agree Robert, regarding him selling out and stuff. But hey, money turns the world I suppose. Its unfortunate because I don't think that he would even use his own products in the wilderness, but sells it like he swears by it. But I do have to admit, it is a guilty pleasure to watch his show and the sheer plethora of nutrients he digests lol.
Jeffjuice3886

Postby RYP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:32 am

I think that is key. Nothing wrong with saying that you use something or like something.Nothing wrong with getting paid to say it but I would say that Mike Rowe (former house announcer for Discovery) has more street cred pimping Fords, that Bear has pimping low budget faux survival gear. Pimping something that you don't use or is unrelated to your area of expertise is always a career diversion. I remember when a very large shoe company wanted me to pimp their stuff and invited me to a Hollwood party. Rue Paul was one of their sponsors. I like their shoes but I don't know that I couldnt have done it with a straight face.

But in fairness a lot of companies who make great gear don't need or want endorsements because cool people already use it or wear it. Bear has got the chops, the enthusiasm and skills to step up his game a lot more. Lets hope he takes his dough, invests it well and gets back into the dirt to do good. I am sure he will.
RYP

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:17 am

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!