H.E.S.T

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

H.E.S.T

Postby johnson79 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:17 am

Okay, So... I was kinda bummed when I logged onto BF and saw that the DPX forum was blocked, I kinda read through here and saw why it was, I think it's dumb that they did that, but what can ya do... Anyway, the only reason I joined that forum was because of the H.E.S.T, and I love mine, Wish I could find some more... I Am stoked for the HEST II, Fixed blades are the way to go! So, I hope to see some updates on here, for now... All I can suggest is that you guys get one of these, it's the shit!

Jeff Johnson
Montana State University-MET
johnson79

Re: H.E.S.T

Postby DBR » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 am

I love my HEST fixed blade as well.

That's a smart looking leather sheath you have for your's!
I was on my way back from the P.O., not the Parole Officer, but the Post Office, and I was being followed by Yuri and Sergei Cutchikokoff. Normally these guys were my Ketel One dealers, but today was much, much different...

Survival Lab Blog
DBR

Postby johnson79 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 am

Thanks! It only cost me $20 bucks from a local guy when I was back home for the holidays, I will see about getting some more made next time I am back.
Jeff Johnson
johnson79

Postby RYP » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:57 am

Very nice sheath. Does that guy want to make a bunch of em? I know a lot of HESTafarians that want. :)))
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby johnson79 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 am

RYP- I didn't get a chance to go talk to him, I will see what I can do while I am home for a week next month... I can always have my parents send them to me, or you, or whoever... I just hate to be without my HEST, also... I have sharpened the shit out of my knife, I use it a lot, and sometimes not for stuff you should use a knife for... I am not sure they would fit a new HEST if he used this one... But, I will definitely go talk to the guy while I am back in the Lewiston Area...
Jeff Johnson
johnson79

Postby DBR » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:27 pm

RYP wrote: HESTafarians that

That's pretty funny. 8-)
I was on my way back from the P.O., not the Parole Officer, but the Post Office, and I was being followed by Yuri and Sergei Cutchikokoff. Normally these guys were my Ketel One dealers, but today was much, much different...

Survival Lab Blog
DBR

Postby Kestrel » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 pm

The HEST is a great knife. I have been carrying one pretty much daily since I bought them right at a year ago. Nicely done leather sheath, though this is one knife I prefer the kydex on for less climate (and sweat) sensitivity. How does reversing the handle scales improve grip in your opinion?
Some people are only still around because it is illegal to kill stupid people too...
Kestrel

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:42 am

I first flipped the handles and they work just as well. A lot of dudes paracord the shit out their HEST and then they get shiny with blood, muck and sweat. (Smells like crap too!)

As I originally intended, the HEST is your knife, you do as you please with handles, sheath etc.
RYP

Postby Kestrel » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:18 am

Yeah, I like the idea of extra cordage myself. I've wrapped a few knives, even one of my HESTs for a while, but then I realized I had a habit of securing the cord so well to keep it tight that accessing that cordage would be a pain without another cutting tool. So now I tend to keep most of my cordage separate from my cutting tools.

Oh, I'm totally diggin the personalization thing, to each his own and all that, not like I don't mod things myself. I didn't mean that in a bad way. I've just seen a few pics where people had flipped their scales around and always wondered about it. I personally tend to use a pinch grip a good bit, from everything from gutting fish to opening plastic packaging. I even used that grip to open the UPS envelope the new memory modules came in yesterday...the new memory modules my wife used to kill my pc with last night . The scales just work best for me as they came.
Some people are only still around because it is illegal to kill stupid people too...
Kestrel

Postby johnson79 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:52 am

I like them better the way they came... that is just how they were when I happened to take the picture... either way its a stellar tool, and to the people who don't see the use for the pry bar; I USE IT ALMOST EVERY DAY! it is awesome, it is perfect for prying those giant staples out of boxes, everyday prying needs, and probably it's most used function of 2010, making that perfect hole in the bottom of a beer can to shotgun... just saying, it works! And it saves your blade from doing that stuff to it!
Jeff Johnson
johnson79

Postby jacktrades_nbk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:49 pm

DPx Gun Club\Tribe member
jacktrades_nbk

Postby RYP » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 pm

nice pics that blade looks new!
RYP

Postby jacktrades_nbk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:09 am

is not that new..but the coating is very tough
...also i don't like to abuse my tools if there is no need ; the patina will come in time, from regular use :D
the bottle opener has seen so far the most use, you can see some of the coating missing in this pic
sometimes I use the HEST "features" even if there is no need for an opener :>
DPx Gun Club\Tribe member
jacktrades_nbk

Postby Hitoru » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:00 am

Bbbbbbbboring .
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!