Russians

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Russians

Postby Hitoru » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 am

______________________________ ____
______________$$$$$$__________ ____
_____________$$$$$$$$_________ ____
___________$$$$$$$$$$$$_______ ____
_________$$$__$$$$$$__$$$_____ ____
___________$$_$$$$$$_$$_______ ____
____$$$$_$$$__$$$$$$__$$$_$$$$ ____
__$$$$$$______$$$$$$______$$$$ $$__
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$_
_$$$$$$$$$$$+ORTHODOX+$$$$$$$$ $$$_
__$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$__
____$$$$______$$$$$$______$$$$ ____
___________$$$$$$$$$$$$_______ ____
_______________$$$$___________ ____
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Re: Russians

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:22 pm

The Russians hold a special place in everyone's heart.
Sri Lanky

Postby RSnyder » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 am

Russians are an unsophisticated version of Americans. They are fun people, thugs, drunks, hard workers, saints, etc. I had the opportunity to work closely with them, and they, like we Americanos, have a way of doing things their own way.
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home." - James Michener
"Why is it that everyone who hates freedom apparently hates indoor plumbin'?" - Tim Wilson, comedian.
RSnyder

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:26 am

i love the russians, they can be tough to deal with at first, but once you get to know them they are all cuddly-like.

i am especially fond of all the babushkas who have taken care of and fed me in my travels.

if you can avoid the taxi drivers and drunk dudes in your train compartment, you'll be golden.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby ktrout » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:41 am

RSnyder wrote:Russians are an unsophisticated version of Americans. They are fun people, thugs, drunks, hard workers, saints, etc. I had the opportunity to work closely with them, and they, like we Americanos, have a way of doing things their own way.

Kind of my impression, that we have more in common than we think. I've been learning the language so have been getting closer to them.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:52 am

Up here the Pollocks know the Russians and they all party together, so ultimately I have partied with them.

They ran a different show in Montana though.

I suspect Sri Lanky could fill you in on that one.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 am

Woodsman wrote:Up here the Pollocks know the Russians and they all party together, so ultimately I have partied with them.

You mean the Polocks? One of those young women I met while visiting you was impressed that I knew how to exchange pleasantries in a Slavic dialect. My Mom's Mom came from Poland as a girl in the early 1900s. I only learned a few words, such as a very lengthy and impressive curse, in high school due to a friend who can trace his roots to Hamtramck. Then recently out of personal interest. Grandma didn't want to talk about it and we were the persona non grata branch of Northern Michigan hill people, so I never saw her anyway.
Anyway, Woodsman, I can absolutely recommend picking up a few words sitting while around the camp fire. Just pick a dialect.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:52 pm

ktrout wrote:
Woodsman wrote:Up here the Pollocks know the Russians and they all party together, so ultimately I have partied with them.

You mean the Polocks? One of those young women I met while visiting you was impressed that I knew how to exchange pleasantries in a Slavic dialect. My Mom's Mom came from Poland as a girl in the early 1900s. I only learned a few words, such as a very lengthy and impressive curse, in high school due to a friend who can trace his roots to Hamtramck. Then recently out of personal interest. Grandma didn't want to talk about it and we were the persona non grata branch of Northern Michigan hill people, so I never saw her anyway.
Anyway, Woodsman, I can absolutely recommend picking up a few words sitting while around the camp fire. Just pick a dialect.

I hear it every time I'm over there...and everything sounds like a tongue twister to me.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:28 pm

The last time I was in the 'dam I was mistaken as Russian a few times. There's a lot of paranoia there about Russkies and for good reason....they've taken over thr RLD. Well,I am part Russian Jew which I generally don't advertise when I'm there. You get negative feedback at times.

The Russians and Mennonites teamed up in Canada...they make for a natural alliance. The Italians are way down the hierarchy now in our province. The Russians don't like them.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Wait..this I take issue with. #1--Russians are not at all like Americans....at least not the ones I know. #2--Russians are infinitely more sophisticated than Americans. Russians understand natural selection,are too smart for political correctness,and know the Jew's game of pitting the Anglo-Saxon against themselves by playing their guilt and gullibility.
Sri Lanky

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:56 pm

i don't think you can make blanket statements about russians - the country is too vast.

i was surprised by the russians in the far east. they had that asian saving face thing going on.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby ktrout » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Woodsman wrote:I hear it every time I'm over there...and everything sounds like a tongue twister to me.

Not even "dzien dobry"? I've been listening to the Beeb in Russian lately. Still only getting a fraction of it, but it's a beautiful and fascinating language to me.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:31 pm

You're right marie-angelique...I tend to make stupid blanket statements. It all depends on what type of people we attract no matter of culture or enthnicity. I am a dark star so I attract other dark stars but also people who are very light because a dark star will eventually implode and become brightness all around. I guess what I'm trying to say is I attract some of the darker criminal elements of society no matter what country I'm in. It's interesting and intellectually stimulating for me but sometimes I tire of it.
Sri Lanky

Postby Q » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Every Pole I've ever known has fucking hated Russians. Jews and Germans as well.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 am

Probably for good reason but I find they also have a huge inferiority complex. Now they are starting to cannibalize themselves because they don't know how to deal with success. Fucking peasants.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52097&p=506665#p506665
Sri Lanky

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe