Stupid Gun Tricks-Negligent Discharges

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Stupid Gun Tricks-Negligent Discharges

Postby Hitoru » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:00 am

Thanks for posting Ms. shivers.

An air rifle can kill you. I was going to post this as a stand-alone subject but I never motivated. I'm not sure about of all the conclusions made in this video because I wasn't there. But hey you know, I think now is a good time as any to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI&feature=player_embedded
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby suwon fish » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:55 am

Hitoru wrote:Thanks for posting Ms. shivers.

An air rifle can kill you. I was going to post this as a stand-alone subject but I never motivated. I'm not sure about of all the conclusions made in this video because I wasn't there. But hey you know, I think now is a good time as any to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI&feature=player_embedded

Interesting video.

Air is certainly a reasonable propellant. A scuba tank at 200 bar/3,000 PSI is literally a bomb if it ruptures.

Sadly in the UK air rifles are limited to 12 ft/lbs and air pistols to 6 ft/lbs. Anything above must be held on a firearms licence. As a kid I went rough shooting daily with a BSA Mercury (12 ft/lbs) and can confirm it was only lethal on small game out to 20 m, and that was with a well aimed vital shot.

My Webley & Scott Hurricane pistol (6 ft/lbs) could probably have been used for killing chickens at zero range, I never tried.

Some British regiments used full power airguns (12 ft/lbs) and eye protection to practice stalking skills in woodland (FIWA/DIWA). I never heard of any significant injuries coming from that.

I'm sure to Americans such sport must sound as lame as fuck, but you can develop a taste for it if it's all you got.
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:32 am

Air guns are great,I have a couple, my mainstay is a 10 year old $30 Chinese one we use often and so I get to I eat a lot of dove.

Although this example was a cat-killed, and some of you have seen it already, it was @ 3am drunkenly wrapped w/ bacon & doused with sriracha.

There is no limit on Eurasian collared doves (Streptopelia risoria) in Texas.

I usually use picked jalapenos and forgo the hot sauce.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby el3so » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:20 pm

shivers wrote:An air rifle, just like the article said.

Yeah, it was a dumb question, I know.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby suwon fish » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 am

Hitoru wrote:Image

Your posts always make me hungry. That's some fine eating on that plate.
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 am

When I was in Infantry Officer Basic Course, in the field we'd occassionally fuck off & shoot M16 cleaning rods using blanks. Just lock & load a mag with blanks, make sure there's not blank adaptor on, slide a cleaning rod down the muzzle, and bang. Will stick right into a tree. Also experimented with home made M16 "shotgun shells." Take a regular soda straw, snip off about an inch. place on the tip of the blank, pour in some rat shot, add a touch of elmer's glue to seal, and hand load into the receiver. presto! boy, what 2LTs won't do for fun.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 pm

When we first got the Kevlar helmets in our Cav Squadron we also shot cleaning rods out of our m 16's with blanks to see if they would pierce the helmet(s).
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby lok8 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:57 pm

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/

I'm waiting on an Exile .308 atm, with angst I strongly suspect is known to few people outside the crackhouse
Stay behind. don't follow.
lok8
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Dude, thanks for that.
I"m not familiar with that guys air guns, really interesting. Let us know when you get yours and how (well) it works.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby suwon fish » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 am

lok8 wrote:http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/

I'm waiting on an Exile .308 atm, with angst I strongly suspect is known to few people outside the crackhouse

Good Lord, I wish I'd had on of those when I was a kid! I would also love to hear how it works out in the field for you.
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!