New Morgan...Finally A REAL Car

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: New Morgan...Finally A REAL Car

Postby Kurt » Wed May 18, 2011 3:30 am

lmetrucking wrote:Shoulda put the motor behind the grill, looks funny up front. Oil cooler and a fan would take care of the heat issue.

A "fender bender" will become an "engine breaker", that is for sure. The fellow I was talking to today said that they had tried that configuration you suggested but it over-heated, so they went back to the layout that worked from 1909 to 1952.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby lmetrucking » Wed May 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Kurt wrote:
lmetrucking wrote:Shoulda put the motor behind the grill, looks funny up front. Oil cooler and a fan would take care of the heat issue.

A "fender bender" will become an "engine breaker", that is for sure. The fellow I was talking to today said that they had tried that configuration you suggested but it over-heated, so they went back to the layout that worked from 1909 to 1952.

I didnt know that that was the traditional configuration. I wont argue with that. Its cool when you can get a re-engineered version of something that you always wanted that sticks close to its original design, just with modern technology. So are you really going to get one of these?
At least that Cleric is not obsessed with cocks and things that might be thought of as cocks by a cock obsessed person.- Kurt
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed May 18, 2011 9:51 pm

lmetrucking wrote:
Kurt wrote:

I didnt know that that was the traditional configuration. I wont argue with that. Its cool when you can get a re-engineered version of something that you always wanted that sticks close to its original design, just with modern technology. So are you really going to get one of these?

Yes, unless the dollar crashes against the pound before it is finished, then I will just lose a desposit and not have a cool, totally useless car.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby lmetrucking » Thu May 19, 2011 12:22 am

Wow, you are going to be the only guy around with one of those! Pretty cool!
At least that Cleric is not obsessed with cocks and things that might be thought of as cocks by a cock obsessed person.- Kurt
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 19, 2011 1:06 am

lmetrucking wrote:Wow, you are going to be the only guy around with one of those! Pretty cool!

There are going to be about 300 of them made in the next two years and apparently most of them are being sold in North America. It won't be a common car, thats for sure.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fenrisco » Thu May 19, 2011 4:08 am

Very cool indeed, congratulations on taking the plunge and ordering one. Actually from the videos I've seen it doesn't look like a 3-wheeler, it looks like a steampunk mag-lev sled with a couple wheels up front to tell it where to go.

Does it have a rag top of any kind? If not you will certainly be requiring one of these for the NY winter:

http://bit.ly/mywCji

The Morgan Design plate on the nose appears to be connected directly to the frame so I wonder if a light brush guard could be constructed off those points - just a hoop of chromed steel tube (reminiscent of a croquet hoop, for anglophile points) would not detract from the looks but would protect the engine from a few knocks. I just noticed the rollbars are essentially the same thing so it would be aesthetically in-line.
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 19, 2011 4:46 am

Fenrisco wrote:Very cool indeed, congratulations on taking the plunge and ordering one. Actually from the videos I've seen it doesn't look like a 3-wheeler, it looks like a steampunk mag-lev sled with a couple wheels up front to tell it where to go.

Does it have a rag top of any kind? If not you will certainly be requiring one of these for the NY winter:

http://bit.ly/mywCji

The Morgan Design plate on the nose appears to be connected directly to the frame so I wonder if a light brush guard could be constructed off those points - just a hoop of chromed steel tube (reminiscent of a croquet hoop, for anglophile points) would not detract from the looks but would protect the engine from a few knocks. I just noticed the rollbars are essentially the same thing so it would be aesthetically in-line.

Not that I know of but there should be aftermarket stuff so a ragtop might be coming. But for the cold I have decided to just wear warm clothes. The most major expense will likely be parking (I hope that is the biggest expense anyway)

I will be getting goggles. Since I wear glasses I would like to get prescription ones because I am not sure if my pince nez will fit under the ones that are commercially available.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue May 24, 2011 1:58 pm

The payment has gone through, so I now have one of the coolest cars in the world. But yet will not have it for perhaps a year or more.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm

That's awesome, Kurt. Congrats in advance.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Wed May 25, 2011 4:25 am

Is it obnoxiously loud?

Can it be licensed as a motorcycle?

Parking? You could almost pick it up and carry it into your place, it would make a nice conversation piece.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby lmetrucking » Wed May 25, 2011 5:24 am

gnaruki wrote:Is it obnoxiously loud?

Can it be licensed as a motorcycle?

Parking? You could almost pick it up and carry it into your place, it would make a nice conversation piece.

A 115 HP S&S sidewinder motor is gonna be loud... but only when you pound on it. You can still come home at 3AM without totally pissing off the neighbors. I have ridden a couple of $40,000 choppers with that motor in them... Too fast for their own good. Your gonna love it Kurt.
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed May 25, 2011 5:41 am

I have no idea if I need to get a cycle permit. I've got a while to take the test and apparently I can take the road test in the vehicle, so I should be good.

I predict it will be crazy loud, so I will likely have to limit my driving to reasonable hours.

The engine should be fun, and I am happy that it is built in my home state of Wisconsin. Also a plus is that the gearbox is from a Miata, and that can easily handle 220 HP and be easy to replace if I need to do so.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby khalampre » Wed May 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Nice car, but I think that would be much more fun.
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 am

khalampre wrote:Nice car, but I think that would be much more fun.

Everytime I look at that car I ask myself "Did I buy the best useless English made car I could buy?"

I guess I will see.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby BillyOblivion » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Kurt wrote:Not that I know of but there should be aftermarket stuff so a ragtop might be coming. But for the cold I have decided to just wear warm clothes. The most major expense will likely be parking (I hope that is the biggest expense anyway)

If there's enough ooomph in the electrical system you can get a heated vest. I've used one on a mostly-unfaired motorcycle down WAY below where I should have pulled over and gotten a motel room.
BillyOblivion
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!