Bear Gryllis "survival" Knife...only $750 Friggin Dollars!

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Bear Gryllis "survival" Knife...only $750 Friggin Dollar

Postby dancesonwater1951 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:20 am

In a word (name) Mikey Vellekamp... knifemaker and designer. Contact him at FoxKnivesUSA or mikey@blade-tech.com
He can show you some serious knives! I agree with the guy who answered the google question, "who is the best knife maker alive" ... go ahead ... google that exact question! Mikey Vellekamp! He's your knifemaker! SURVIVE!
dancesonwater1951

Postby BillyOblivion » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 am

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Fortunately it has lots of table edges for pooping caps off - you can also use your teeth

Wouldn't it be better to use someone else's teeth?
BillyOblivion
BFCus Regularus

Postby zuluninja » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:04 pm

"best knife maker alive" is a very subjective term. If I could send a design to a knifemaker and have it done for around a hundred bucks, that would be really sweet...but that ain't gonna happen. For now, I'm really happy with esee, sog, ontario, ka-bar, etc. I used to frecuent bladeforums.com, and still do, but not so often now, because blade snobbism on that site is out of this world. I still don't have the gumption to save 800$ to drop on a Busse, and would probably feel a lot of remorse if I did it.
zuluninja

Postby Hitoru » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm partial to Greg Lightfoot's knives, If I was rich...http://www.lightfootknives.com/
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Rhah » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:32 am

Always have liked Grayman Knives. Good stuff. Heavy/thick blades. Practically indestructible.

http://graymanknives.com/knivesa.html
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 am

Rhah wrote:Always have liked Grayman Knives. Good stuff. Heavy/thick blades. Practically indestructible.

http://graymanknives.com/knivesa.html

nice fuckin' knives
that Pounder looks lovely
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby zuluninja » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:42 pm

nice knives! those lightfoot sport some crazy grinds, never seen a single side top swedge grind before, but as stated, a bit pricey. And those Grayman look tough as nails and not badly priced, I bet those Mega Pounders would be a great match against a big Busse for less than a third of their prices! Damn... might add "grayman knives" to the wishlist...

If I had money to wipe my butt with, I would try to get the Buster Warenski ivory handled scimitar, hands down my favorite knife.

But I get plenty of satisfaction from getting stuff for cheap and doing some extra work on it, like this Kershaw Outcast. Bought it on ebay for $35; it didn't have a handle, so I did a 2-tone wrap after I stripped off the paint and convexed the edge.

zuluninja

Postby Mikethehack » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 am

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!