Best Car chase scenes??

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:21 pm

There's the obvious:

Bullitt
Ronin
French Connection
The Seven Ups
Bourne series
Gone in 60 seconds...I like the latter version better.

Obviously not car "chase" scenes, but...
And of course Rendevous in Paris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO8gMXrr ... re=related
Anything on Top Gear.

Am I missing anything?
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Live in Die in L.A.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby Jäeger » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Two glaring examples missing from the obvious.

The Blues Brothers.

And Smokey and the Bandit. Which was just a huge car chase scene pretending to be a movie. Which is what makes it awesome.
User avatar
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon
 
Posts: 1872
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Just the other side of nowhere....

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Jäeger wrote:Two glaring examples missing from the obvious.

The Blues Brothers.

And Smokey and the Bandit. Which was just a huge car chase scene pretending to be a movie. Which is what makes it awesome.

Glaring, Yes.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 am

Old Jackie Chan movies have the best car chases. Armor of God 2 has the best stunts of any film. Check it out.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
User avatar
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Raw Water

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby redharen » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:23 am

I always wanted to see a movie with a car chase involving a bloodmobile.
User avatar
redharen
small ax
 
Posts: 2653
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:22 am
Location: Jerusalem

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby DrakeS » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:02 am

HockeyGuy wrote:There's the obvious:



Am I missing anything?


Think Ryan O'Neal and Barbara Streisand. But also any Transporter film. Or one of the sixteen million umpteen made Fast and Furious films. When , if ever, are they ever going to just fold, put minus b-grade movie actors in and just go straight to DVD?
DrakeS
mach
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:07 pm

DrakeS wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:There's the obvious:



Am I missing anything?


Think Ryan O'Neal and Barbara Streisand. But also any Transporter film. Or one of the sixteen million umpteen made Fast and Furious films. When , if ever, are they ever going to just fold, put minus b-grade movie actors in and just go straight to DVD?

Are you thinking the "Driver" with Ryan Oneal?

Some of the Transporter films are great. When they do some unrealistic stunts it actually takes me out of the film, especially the second one.

The opening sequence of the last James Bond film.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:Old Jackie Chan movies have the best car chases. Armor of God 2 has the best stunts of any film. Check it out.

I never would've guessed. I recently got a hold of Loren Janes-the driver from Bullitt and he certainly confirmed a lot of what I felt was going on....but the Japanese in Car stunts, I haven't looked at??

Is there any car stunts in the John Woo/Hard boiled movies?
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:20 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:23 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:Gone in 60 seconds...I like the latter version better.



How dare you sir.

The original may have been old non-special effect-y crap, but half the damn movie was the final chase scene.
And that chase was awesome.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
User avatar
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:59 pm
Location: A bar in illinois with unprotected wifi

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:25 pm

redharen wrote:I always wanted to see a movie with a car chase involving a bloodmobile.


I want to see one with the Oscar Meyer wienermobile.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
User avatar
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4130
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: Bahrain

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby flipflop » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:36 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sn1w1yJKKE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCmcV4gC_0[/youtube]

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
User avatar
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus
 
Posts: 8382
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:11 am
Location: Arse Full Of Chips

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Texas Carnie Roadshow wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Gone in 60 seconds...I like the latter version better.



How dare you sir.

The original may have been old non-special effect-y crap, but half the damn movie was the final chase scene.
And that chase was awesome.

There's only three shots that are fake on the newer version, but they are better film makers and make up for it-imo.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Best Car chase scenes??

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:02 pm

flipflop wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sn1w1yJKKE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCmcV4gC_0[/youtube]

Cheers

Ahh. How I could ever forget Vanishing Point. The epitome in a car chase film.

Mad Max 2-classic. Even that dog is Bad-ass!
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Next

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests