Million word conversations

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Million word conversations

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:31 am

Also known as the million word march. For friendlyskies: Get ready,set,go!
Sri Lanky

Re: Million word conversations

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I know....such immaturity. But the jest of this is do we really need to formulate superextended verbiage to get across our point with the sole purpose of persuading others to abandon their own thought processes in order to become and think like the person inflicting the barrage of vebiage who has no regard for the worldview of the people being bombarded? Just sayin'.
Sri Lanky

Postby Fenrisco » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:08 pm

This is why I try to operate in a Chinese-speaking country with only a rudimentary knowledge of the language and, essentially, as a functional illiterate. I don't want to learn any more. It's not without its problems but I get where I'm going. The reason for this is that the mind is like any other computing device - information fed in requires processing cycles to deal with it, figure out whether it's signal or noise, whether you want to or not. I think more clearly here than I ever did in the UK and I put that down to the fact that I do not need to process advertising, TV, so-called "news", soap operas, propaganda, neighbor's chit-chat, and the thousand and one other language-based distractions that prevent most people from focusing on what is important and fundamental. "Stranger in a Strange Land" is actually a tremendously functional perspective, allowing insight that would otherwise be clouded by language data.

So, I put my emotional detachment and calm down not to spiritual enlightenment but to being in a position to bypass the vast quantities of cycle-consuming shite spewed by my fellow man. Although perhaps that is the same thing. I call this the "holiday effect", whereby one travels to a country where one does not speak the language and receives epiphanies caused not so much by the environment itself but by the fact that one can actually listen to one's own thoughts without the madding crowd deafeningly clamoring for attention. That's to say; one attends to realities, not extrapolations.
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Dude, what is your fucking beef with me lately? You and Q. Did I accidently run over your kittens or something?
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:15 am

Man,it's perfect how you articulated that,Fenrisco. Sometime in my early thirties I started to deliberately disassociate myself from my mind-manufactured identity when I travelled alone. I would try to lose all of it...nationality,name,ethnicity,etc. There is a certain kind of freedom that goes with that and it made me realize just how much of me was mind-manufactured bullshit.

Now I just spew it here on the BFC.

..and Friendly...usually when a person kids around with someone it usually means they like them. Even more than kittens.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:32 am

I also used hard drugs to do the same thing. I found I got quicker results but because of this I would slam back hard into something even more egocentric because of the need for self-preservation. That's a powerful instinct and I can see why the memes and genes work together to reinforce each other. It works.

But,because the door opened just enough for me to be open to it,eventually I would hear and see things from overlays of different places,naturally and without substances...this developed over several years. I've recently blocked them out. It was too much...but I find I'm quite adept at cognitive psychology.

I really do believe from direct experience that there are a myriad of dimensions...the same person exists in each dimension and how you see a person is how they happen to be germaine to that particular dimension that you happen to be in. Enter a different dimension and that same person will act in a way germaine to that dimension.
Sri Lanky

Return to Black Flag Cafe