My local asshole council

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

My local asshole council

Postby coldharvest » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 am

An ex-soldier and taxi-driver from Ripon has been told he cannot show his support for injured soldiers after officials clamped down on unauthorised signs in taxis.
Bob Turner had been displaying a sticker supporting forces charity Help for Heroes in his car for the last two years, until a taxi inspector contacted him last week.
“The inspector was very sympathetic, but he told me that I had been reported by a councillor and had to remove the sticker,” Bob said.

“I just thought it was so petty, they could have ignored it. It beggars belief really.”

Mr Turner, 52, served in the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers for six years in the 1970s and 1980s, and saw action in Northern Ireland.

Two years ago he decided to do something for other ex-servicemen and set out to climb Scafell Pike, raising £900 for Help for Heroes with sponsorship from his friends and customers around Ripon.

Since then, he has displayed the sticker to show his support for the forces charity.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Re: My local asshole council

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 am

This is a real shocker.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby The Tourist » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:26 pm

If your town of Ripon is the one in Wisconsin, I am not surprised.

In my town of Madison, Wisconsin a judge just closed down a tavern that has had three shootings in less than a year. One was a 'spray and pray' attack, discharging 25 rounds.

The bar caters to a black clientele, and of course, the owner says the closing was racist.

You should know that this was the closing of the last and only black bar. Every single hip-hop club has been closed over the last five years. There has been multiple shootings, one at a police car responding to the incident. Several were open for only a few weeks, and the troublemakers just brought their brand of violence and drug sales to each one.

At present, there are at least three bars I know of that cater to motorcyclists. We fill the parking losts on "bike night" and there haasn't been so much as a fist fight in all of these years. In the old days numerous bars were the home of bike clubs and shootings never happened. I know, I was at all three and we openly wore our colors.

Of course, to say publicly that blacks cannot behave themselves is racist in Madison. We keep closing the bars and burying the dead, but our area never is allowed to quote statistics if it flies in the face of a liberal agenda.
The Tourist
You are the weakest link – Goodbye

Postby kilroy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:19 pm

i don't think they'd make such a fuss about a sticker in madison.

as for bars with a mostly black clientele, unless they've all been shut down since last time i was there around new years, i doubt it. hip hop is still plenty vibrant there, after all POS, among others, just made his big come up in the past couple years. mostly hipster rap as opposed to gangster rap.

as for the shootings, you talking about club majestic? i thought they got their shit together as far as security and that things had been relatively calm the last few years?

cold, why don't you make a run at the council? certainly seems like an appropriate segue into overlordship.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Tourist » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Last night they stated that this was last club/bar catering to blacks and black entertainment.

But for the purposes of the debate, what if there were fifty clubs. How many should be allowed to discharge firearms over drug deals and arguments? Then, if only five clubs (10%) of these places kill and maim patrons, is that acceptable because it involves blacks?

No other group or race is allowed to do that anywhere. Why allow it here?
The Tourist
You are the weakest link – Goodbye

Postby Woodsman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Typical bullshit.

What would happen if he ignored the order to remove the sticker?

coldharvest wrote:An ex-soldier and taxi-driver from Ripon has been told he cannot show his support for injured soldiers after officials clamped down on unauthorised signs in taxis.
Bob Turner had been displaying a sticker supporting forces charity Help for Heroes in his car for the last two years, until a taxi inspector contacted him last week.
“The inspector was very sympathetic, but he told me that I had been reported by a councillor and had to remove the sticker,” Bob said.

“I just thought it was so petty, they could have ignored it. It beggars belief really.”

Mr Turner, 52, served in the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers for six years in the 1970s and 1980s, and saw action in Northern Ireland.

Two years ago he decided to do something for other ex-servicemen and set out to climb Scafell Pike, raising £900 for Help for Heroes with sponsorship from his friends and customers around Ripon.

Since then, he has displayed the sticker to show his support for the forces charity.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 pm

The Tourist wrote:Last night they stated that this was last club/bar catering to blacks and black entertainment.

But for the purposes of the debate, what if there were fifty clubs. How many should be allowed to discharge firearms over drug deals and arguments? Then, if only five clubs (10%) of these places kill and maim patrons, is that acceptable because it involves blacks?

i don't know who 'they' are, but 'they' are probably stupid. and if that's where you are getting your crime statistics and news, now would probably be a good time to reevaluate your sources. and crime doesn't stop if you shut down the venue, the clientele will just find another one. unless they're using it as a roach motel to pick up criminals, focusing on the clubs rather than the criminals frequenting them seems like a piss poor strategy.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:46 pm

The Tourist wrote:Last night they stated that this was last club/bar catering to blacks and black entertainment.

Who are you debating with? Nobody here cares.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe