FEMA Shuts Down US Television

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

FEMA Shuts Down US Television

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:45 pm

So, one of the reasons why Daniel Ortega is considered a dictator (and I actually agree with this one) is because he can shut down the paid, private cable services and block all TV stations, or select stations, in the country. Whenever he wants. He usually does this during speeches, but last week, after the presidential elections, he did it to block coverage of the Liberal (read: conservative; the Liberals are against the Sandinistas) protests. Which was a huge pain in the ass - the protests were localized at busy intersections in Managua and around the country, but no one knew exactly where because the fucking TV was blocked.

Local stations and newspapers eventually started livestreaming TV on their websites and facebooks, but Nicaragua is poor and still has limited Internet access, so a lot of people were stuck in protest limbo for hours.

Anyway, yesterday FEMA announced that it could and would do the exact same thing as Daniel! Although they weren't as successful as the Nicaraguan government - I guess the "test" of this technology was imperfect.

FEMA wrote:Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System

Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 PM EST

As part of our ongoing efforts to keep our country and communities safe during emergencies, we’re working in partnership with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The EAS test plays a key role in ensuring the nation is prepared for any type of hazard, and that the U.S. public can receive critical and vital information should it ever be needed.

Over the past year, our agencies have been working with the broadcast community, cable operators and programmers, and other communications service providers that participate in the Emergency Alert System; our state, local, tribal, and territorial partners; and other critical stakeholders to help inform all members of the public regarding the nationwide Emergency Alert System test.

Here are specific items we want everyone to know about the test:

It will be conducted Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 PM EST.
It will be transmitted via television and radio stations within the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, the territories of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
Similar to local emergency alert system tests, an audio message will interrupt television and radio programming indicating: “This is a test.”
When the test is over, regular programming will resume.
As we get close to the test, the FCC and all of our many partners are working together to spread the word to as many members of the public as possible -- so people know what to expect when the test takes place, and no one is caught off guard. We're asking everyone to join us by spreading the word to your neighbors, co-workers, friends and family -- share this web page, post a message on your social media site, and feel free to embed our videos on your website or blog.

For additional questions, visit the FAQ’s page and the FCC EAS Test page.

On November 9 at 2:00 PM EST, please remember:
don’t stress; it’s only a test..

Anyway, from what I understand, the test didn't really work out as planned - it only worked in some markets, with some cable providers, and was staggered; not everyone had their paid, private cable subscription cut off at the same time. Still, unsurprisingly, the conspiracy theory community was creeped out as all fuck.

And, aside from being a tad dictatorial, the conspiracy theory people had two other little freaky points. First, the test occurred on 11/9, the opposite of 9/11, which is perceived as symbolic in some circles. Whatever. Second, and more interesting to me personally, the test began with the tail end of a Jay-Z song, "Run This Town," and included most of Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEX2hh3exs[/youtube]

This seems random to sane people, but those of us in online conspiracy theory world have been subjected to years and years of conspiracies that call Lady Gaga and Jay-Z the two of the three most important "Illuminati performers" in the world. (The third is Kanye West). Without going into too much detail, basically they and their minions are supposedly brainwashing the youth of America into (1) accepting a police state; (2) turning to Satan; (3) accepting the homosexual agenda (anti-Semitism and anti-gay hate speech are both disturbingly ingrained throughout the whole online conspiracy movement); (4) and accepting transhumanism. The way they do this is with videos that show these things as normal.

For endless amounts of detail, go to http://vigilantcitizen.com/ or just google "Jay-Z Illuminati" or "Lady Gaga Illuminati" or whatever. Here are some images from "Illuminati agenda videos" that are supposed to accustom the youth to a militarized police state. Remember these videos were made before Occupy Wall Street happened:

Beyonce with riot cops from Occupy Wall Street

Some British boy band performing at a UK awards show with the riot cops from Occupy Wall Street

Rhianna with some really stupid looking riot police who would be laughed off of Wall Street

Britney Spears with dancing riot police

Anyway, I digress. But I just wanted to know what you all thought about yesterday's FEMA test. Concerns? Conspiracies?
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Re: FEMA Shuts Down US Television

Postby Woodsman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:58 pm

It doesn't work when you are watching DVDs.

FAIL.

How unfortunate that our personal finances are associated with theirs through a common economy.

They do nothing at all but waste resources.

There's your conspiracy.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Ah, here's the magnum opus on how the "Illuminati" is using pop videos to accustom us to the normality of a police state, just ahead of the #OWS protests. It worked - I really don't think the USA could have used riot police to attack peaceful protesters ten years ago without people freaking out a bit more. I've posted some of the videos, for fun.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusines ... pop-music/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypOi5it8inU[/youtube]

George W. Bush’s Patriot Act has enabled the American government to expand surveillance of its citizens, whether it be phone calls, e-mails and physical movements. It also gave the government almost unlimited powers of arrest, detention, search and seizure. Donald E. Wilkes, Professor of Law at the University of Georgia School of Law describes this last concept:

“I want to examine here a single section of the USA Patriot Act–section 213, definitely one of the most sinister provisions of this monstrous statute.

In euphemistic language that conceals the provision’s momentous significance, section 213 states that with regard to federal search warrants “any notice required … to be given may be delayed if … [1]the court finds reasonable cause to believe that providing immediate notification of the execution of the warrant may have an adverse result …; [2] the warrant prohibits the seizure of any tangible property … except where the court finds reasonable necessity for the seizure; and [3] the warrant provides for the giving of such notice within a reasonable period of its execution, which period may thereafter be extended by the court for good cause shown.”

Section 213 may be couched in Orwellian terminology, but there is no doubt about what it does.

Section 213 is the first statute ever enacted in the history of American criminal procedure to specifically authorize an entirely new form of search warrant-what legal scholars call the sneak and peek warrant (also dubbed the covert entry warrant or the surreptitious entry warrant). A sneak and peek search warrant authorizes police to effect physical entry into private premises without the owner’s or the occupant’s permission or knowledge to conduct a search; generally, such entry requires a breaking and entering.”
- Donald E. Wilkes, Flagpole Magazine Sept 2002.

Subsequent acts have further diminished civil liberties of citizens by enabling the government to declare any American a “terrorist” with little to no proof. The government can also declare martial law with little or no valid reason.

“The John W. Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2006, “named for the longtime Armed Services Committee chairman from Virginia,” was signed October 17, 2006, by President George W. Bush. The Act “has a provocative provision called ‘Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies’,” the thrust of which “seems to be about giving the federal government a far stronger hand in coordinating responses to [Hurricane] Katrina-like disasters,” Jeff Stein, CQ National Security Editor wrote December 1, 2006.

“But on closer inspection, its language also alters the two-centuries-old Insurrection Act, which Congress passed in 1807 to limit the president’s power to deploy troops within the United States … ‘to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy’,” Stein wrote.

“But the amended law takes the cuffs off” and “critics say it’s a formula for executive branch mischief,” Stein wrote, as “the new language adds ‘natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident’ to the list of conditions permitting the President to take over local authority — particularly ‘if domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order.’”

“One of the few to complain, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, D-Vt., warned that the measure virtually invites the White House to declare federal martial law. … It ‘subverts solid, longstanding posse comitatus statutes that limit the military’s involvement in law enforcement, thereby making it easier for the President to declare martial law,’ he said in remarks submitted to the Congressional Record on Sept. 29.”

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcwd_Nz6Zog[/youtube]

In hip-hop slang, the term “hard” usually refers to someone who is street-savvy, gritty, rebellious and who is decisively “not down with police”. Hard transposes this term to a military context. Her militaristic video features a gang of uniformed men dancing under the orders of “General Rihanna”. We’ve come a long way from Public Enemy’s Fight the Power…it is now Submit to the Power. All of this military/dictatorial imagery is mixed with Rihanna’s sexy moves and outfits, appealing to the masses’ basest instinct: sex. This generates in the viewer an unconscious positive response to this otherwise terrible backdrop.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUFsQ5lTo6g[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdH1GwyZJuY[/youtube]

The video begins showing police in riot gear and video cameras, setting it in a Big-Brotherish police state.
The regime is controlled by a masked figured named “the Absolute” (according to an interview with the lyricist of the group), who could easily be associated with the “masked” occult elite.

The Absolute looking over its army of riot police. Yet another music video getting young people used to the idea of an oppressive police state.

There appears to be some resistance to the Absolute’s regime, namely Brown Eyed Girls. They are shown standing in defiance of the riot police and appear to be taking a stance against the oppression of the Absolute. As an ultimate gesture of defiance, the group starts singing. Do they sing about freedom and liberation? Are they singing out what is on everyone’s mind? No, not really. The listeners are treated to the same pseudo-sexual drivel all pop songs numbs our brains with. Here’s a translation of the first verse:

Your thirsty face starts sweating
And your flesh is on the tip of my sharp fingers

The bubble in champagne
Explodes, good pain
No need to worry, love is just a game
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Hasn't the US been a de facto police state for some time?
I think most N.Americans have succumbed to this already.
As a matter of fact we plea to the government for more police power.
It's part of the whole going against our own interest movement.
It's amazing how we were brainwashed into doing so.
They play on our fear.

Anyways,this is all I could come up with:

http://punkdaddy.wordpress.com/2011/08/ ... ont-shine/

...and there's a song by the Butthole Surfers from Electriclarryland that employs the use of funky dancing riot police...back in '96. I forget which one it is.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:17 am

Sri Lanky

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:57 am

In hip-hop slang, the term “hard” usually refers to someone who is street-savvy, gritty, rebellious and who is decisively “not down with police”. Hard transposes this term to a military context. Her militaristic video features a gang of uniformed men dancing under the orders of “General Rihanna”. We’ve come a long way from Public Enemy’s Fight the Power…it is now Submit to the Power. All of this military/dictatorial imagery is mixed with Rihanna’s sexy moves and outfits, appealing to the masses’ basest instinct: sex. This generates in the viewer an unconscious positive response to this otherwise terrible backdrop.

thanks for posting this. i don't have cable, so i never know what's going on. and viva the conspiracy theorists: just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
the war my country has been engaging in is ongoing and has totally permeated the state where i live, what with its heavy military presence.
riot police remind me of german stormtroopers.
my secret nightmare is to wake up in a totalitarian society.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Well,it's really too bad that you missed out on the conversation with one of the commanding officers of Alaska's naval forces at Reilly's. I think he was your classic fascist homosexual. Maybe you were right about that place and maybe they should bring back the don't ask don't tell policy. Wow,I didn't know homos could be so right wing. I suppose that would be their dream world. A totalitarian state controlled my gays. I'm sure they enjoy being disciplined.
Sri Lanky

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe