Land Rover is dead to me

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Land Rover is dead to me

Postby Dabbi » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:39 pm

It is dead simple go for the car which has the speed record to the south pole, http://www.arctictrucks.com/Pages/4700
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Dabbi wrote:http://www.arctictrucks.is/?pageid=5023

4.5 days. My jaw will remain dropped for about 1 year.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby RYP » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 pm

meanwhile Landy gets its ghey on.

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Dabbi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Kurt wrote:
Dabbi wrote:http://www.arctictrucks.is/?pageid=5023

4.5 days. My jaw will remain dropped for about 1 year.

It's a different kind of thrill out in the nothingness driving over the ice and glaciers.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:57 am

lightstalker wrote:Fuck Landrover, save yourself the money and just get one of these

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS3d4w4YdRM[/youtube]

I've been on worse Russian roads than that.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby khalampre » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:15 am

I hate Russian cars!
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:35 am

khalampre wrote:I hate Russian cars!

I think only the most die hard Russian nationalist would disagree with you.

I remember seeing this one Moskvich that was long and black and kind of "retro" (US retro) looking in Bulgaria years ago and admiring it ...until the owner finally managed to get it started. Picture a 1964 Falcon (closest car I thought it resembled) being powered by a lawnmower engine. It left 4 oil spots on the street it was parked on because they had a chassis that needed to be oiled. I have no idea when the last US car with a chassis like that was made but I do remember perma spots in the gravel of old garages because of them.

It would have made an excellent clown car though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Good job to EESE knives for sponsoring an 88 Range Rover Classic in the Baha 1000. Looked like great fun!

But as ever, the true heroes of the event are those racing on a budget and living the dream. On the start line I found a team running in a Range Rover that they'd pulled out of a scrap yard for $400. Pretty much everything on the car was standard, yet they left the startline full of confidence for the massive 1000 km of rough desert waiting for them. I found them in Ensenada a day after the race and Elias Christeas was still buzzing with energy even after only having a few hours sleep over the last 3 days. "It was so amazing," he smiled. "We were actually leading the class for a long while and we were overtaking Trophy Trucks. One guy in our class had a tubeframed Bronco that must be worth about $100,000 and we were beating him in a $400 Rangie! Man, there are so many stories... We got to mile 410... no, write down 411! The tracks were so rough that we didn't even know that we were driving on a flat tyre for who-knows how many miles... and we only noticed that something was wrong with the suspension when the strut started poking through the bonnet. We were still going into the second night but heard that people were falling off the cliff in front of us... and we were just about out of time, so we called it quits... but we're already talking about next year. And the biggest memory, the thing that I will take away from this... being part or the Baja racing community where the best of human nature comes out. Total strangers helping you out! Every difficulty and hardship we went through was worth it to experience that!"

http://www.motorsport.com/score/news/score-kings-of-the-dust-baja-1000-wrap-up
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:42 pm

we were beating him in a $400 Rangie! "

Noooo hyperbole in that statement.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby khalampre » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Kurt,

When I first moved to Geo I had a 1990 VW Vento. I parked it outside of the office everyday. The office was on one hell of a hill, and an old man with a Zaparovich (SP) used the hill to push start his car. One day he slipped while push starting his car and it rolled into the door of my car. The Georgian guys that I worked with urged me to just let it go because the damage was going to cost more than the other man's car. I guess they knew a bit about him and knew that he did not have a lot of money. I would still like to find a Zapo and burn it to the ground for revenge.

Soon I am going to try to find my father-in-laws Lada. He had it for 30+ years and tried to sell it once, but I bought it and gave it back to him. When we were back in the US I heard that he needed cash and sold it again. I am going to find it, remove everything, have it painted, have the motor and trans worked over and then give it back to him. That car really did mean a lot to him and he was comfortable driving it. I still hate Russian cars!
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:55 am

khalampre wrote:Kurt,

When I first moved to Geo I had a 1990 VW Vento. I parked it outside of the office everyday. The office was on one hell of a hill, and an old man with a Zaparovich (SP) used the hill to push start his car. One day he slipped while push starting his car and it rolled into the door of my car. The Georgian guys that I worked with urged me to just let it go because the damage was going to cost more than the other man's car. I guess they knew a bit about him and knew that he did not have a lot of money. I would still like to find a Zapo and burn it to the ground for revenge.

Soon I am going to try to find my father-in-laws Lada. He had it for 30+ years and tried to sell it once, but I bought it and gave it back to him. When we were back in the US I heard that he needed cash and sold it again. I am going to find it, remove everything, have it painted, have the motor and trans worked over and then give it back to him. That car really did mean a lot to him and he was comfortable driving it. I still hate Russian cars!

You must have seen the top gear when they hopped up a Lada with the help of Lotus? I cannot find a reliable video of it to link (its all spammy russian sites oddly) but they upgraded this guy's Lada for free with about 100k worth of work with the help of Lotus racing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Hitoru » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 am

khalampre wrote:I hate Russian cars!

What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby diamondcutter13 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Cool, those FC's are pretty rare. Ugly as sin.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Saw this Land Rover the other day

And this one has had hydraulic drives installed to creep slowly through snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9C1-clYaVI
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!