Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:22 am

HockeyGuy wrote:Cool. Ever been to Johnsons alignment in Torrance?...Yeah, I wasn't sure what you could do with those Wankel engines...

Negative. I'm a NorCal-er. There are lots of really expensive things you can do to rotaries. Unfortunately I don't think they do much more than cause it to make more noise.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

New/next generation Porsche:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/11/2012 ... ve-review/

Anybody going to the L.A. Auto show?
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:30 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:15 am

This will be starting @ 25k and looked sharp!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/16/suba ... i-la-2011/
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:31 am

HockeyGuy wrote:This will be starting @ 25k and looked sharp!

I think it's going to be a cool car. But take a look at the Factory Five 818 project.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Interesting ideas. Are you involved with anything with this?
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 am

HockeyGuy wrote:Interesting ideas. Are you involved with anything with this?

Nope, but I have a soft spot for Subies. A 1650lb WRX sounds like a blast to me.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:19 pm

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/26/geor ... raigslist/

We're not strangers to the allure of Craigslist. The classified ad site is our go-to distraction when it comes time to contemplate our next project vehicle, and we've been tempted by the occasional decommissioned Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor more often than we care to admit. As one Chattanooga, Tennessee man recently found out, those vehicles may be more trouble than they're worth. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Luke Ridings was recently stopped by authorities as he was driving his newly acquired Crown Vic, complete with lights, camera and radar equipment. Ridings said that he bought the vehicle for $4,000 from an individual in Georgia.

The only problem was that the cruiser was supposed to be crushed by a towing company after electrical issues had forced officials in East Ellijay to pull the vehicle from service. At this point, the company is trying to discover how it originally lost track of the doomed Interceptor. Ridings had his slightly used cop car confiscated and was charged with operating an unregistered vehicle as well as underage drinking.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:45 am

ktrout wrote:

I think it's going to be a cool car. But take a look at the Factory Five 818 project.

I think so too. Its got the boxster 4 too and I have a soft spot for weird engines. (unlike most weird engines this one is actually dependable too)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:55 am

Kurt wrote:
ktrout wrote:

I think so too. Its got the boxster 4 too and I have a soft spot for weird engines. (unlike most weird engines this one is actually dependable too)

Hot off the press. It's official...with photos.
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/26/euro ... june-2012/

It's no secret that the Toyota FT-86 will finally make its production-spec debut next week in Tokyo, and ahead of that, the automaker's UK office has released the first official photos and some initial specs. In Europe, the car will officially be called the Toyota GT 86.

Cutting right to the chase, here are the specs that are now official, from the Toyota UK announcement. Obviously, there's more to come:
2.0-liter boxer with D4-S injection (direct and port injected)
197 hp @ 7,000 rpm and 151 lb-ft (205 Nm) @6,600 rpm
6-speed manual or automatic transmissions
17-inch wheel/tire package standard
4,240mm (167 in.) long, 1285mm (50.6 in.) high, 2,570mm (101 in.) wide
53:47 front-to-rear weight distribution
475mm (18.7 in.) center of gravity
As demonstrated in the photos, everything is basically in line with what we've seen so far in the various leaked materials. So, start getting excited. In addition to the sharp styling outside, the interior looks the business, and the "86" fender logo is just plain cool. The GT 86 goes on sale in the UK next June.

We'll be on hand in Tokyo for the official reveal at the end of the coming week, with plenty more then. In the meantime, peruse the photo gallery and hit the jump for the full press release.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 am

Kurt wrote:
ktrout wrote:

Whenever I hear a WRX I think it's either very broken or a Subaru. Sometimes, especially at the racetrack, it's both.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:14 pm

What do you think about them apples?

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/02/rang ... -of-the-y/

Top Gear magazine has officially named the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque its Car Of The Year for 2011 after snagging top honors in the SUV category. Perhaps even more impressively, Jeremy Clarkson also named the Evoque his favorite vehicle of 2011. The compact luxury SUV faced off against the likes of the BMW 1 Series M Coupe, McLaren MP4-12C and Ferrari FF among more common offerings. Top Gear celebrated in classic style by taking the Evoque on an African adventure through the deserts and mountains of Morocco. Sure beats handing an anonymous executive some cheesy trophy on stage.

Readers can find the full tale in any of the magazine's 29 international editions. Clarkson was joined by Richard Hammond, James May, Top Gear magazine editor-in-chief Charlie Turner and the publication's full editorial and road testing staff in picking the 2011 car of the year. The crew isn't the only batch of writers to honor the Evoque. The model has soaked up 34 international awards since it debuted. Follow the jump for the full press release.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:17 pm

That is the thing about the Posh Spice Evoque...everyone hates it when they see it but loves it when they drive it.

One time ages ago I found a purple women's techno wicking type shirt with the bottons going the other way than I am used to. But it had all these pockets. I was a truck driver who actually handled his load (each and every piece) so it was perfect for paperwork and I could shower with it and it would be stink free the next day...and it cost $5.

So I worked in truckerland with a $5 purple woman's hiking shirt. Some would see it as me "being in touch with my feminine side" but I saw it as me "being in touch with my not giving a flying shit side" If the Evoque went down in price to be the equivelent of the $5 purple girls shirt I would definately buy it and not give a flying shit all over the USA....again.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:57 pm

I hear ya. I don't particular care what people think either. I think it looks killer regardless of Posh putting her ideas into it. The aftermarket world is going to have a field day with it...

It's like the Porsche Boxster...how it's a ladies Porsche. Whatever. That mid-engine design is almost perfect.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!