bullshit in the UK

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: bullshit in the UK

Postby Fansy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Woodsman wrote:So the only question I have to ask you is when are you going to start carrying a fucking flashlight?

my pops didnt really say anything the whole time as he was sittin a bit further down the train, and while i know he was pleased that he didnt have to get down there with his 2 fake knees, im pretty sure that was the significant expressive component (sans the cursing) of his overall mildly entertained but temporarily concerned and leveled takeaway look (i think he went back to sleep about the same time the guy stopped clenching and spasming and went back to sleep). hes the type that carries the extra flashlight, jacket or two (and/or emergency blanket), pair of gloves, as well as other assorted tools most places he goes...along with his accessorized-for-potential-obstacles-on-the-journey walking cane (maybe all of the above stored inside?)

regarding cops with no guns, while performing in that capacity might be a personally stupid decision to make, overall since police are essentially an illegitimate, unnecessary, and ineffective force for most purposes, its nice to see them begin to acknowledge these shortcomings and their therefore limited-scope responsiiblity/rights in daily practice. It's sorta like admitting you're probably gonna fuck something up when you get involved so its better if you dont have a gun when you do (acknowledging fallibility/mistakes/negative consequences), but the expectation is that you still have to get involved and pretend like you should be listened to/respected (acknowledging some amount of responsibility and obligation towards citizen needs and safety). if any police force could ever evolve into a legitimate body properly performing needed functions in different communities, they would need to continue down this path of confrontation without physical coercion towards control or violence - instead, witnessing and obstructing crime and injustice yet with an intimate, persistent, and ultimately unarmed and pacifist approach. violence, vengeance, and justice would be the purview of armed individuals and families (and perhaps groups of families, such as the blocks that comprise a community), while investigation, protection, and ultimately witnessing and attesting would be performed by an unarmed force (living locally) tasked with occasionally dangerous yet meaningful, useful, and well-specified, non-violent missions among the citizens. in this way, we can enter the singularity with our only true accomplishments as a species - namely our concepts of unalienable rights, the responsibility that comes along with voluntary yet binding obligations, and our freedom to express all thought and speech - intact and ready to flourish and concomitantly drive our eternal success and multiverse dominance under our new borg consciousness.

of course that will probably never happen and i imagine humanity will end before we see too many legitimate policing forces, esp in the industrialized world. but yeah, its fun/funny to see them play around with this stuff.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 am

Kurt wrote:A Dutchman has never made me want to strangle him on an airplane. They are always svelte and polite. Not prudish but not intoxicated either.

I can only conclude you have never been on a Sealink ferry full of Dutch lorry drivers. If you haven't done it you'll need a time machine. The Dutch produce some real rough bastards, probably not sitting next to you on some poncy flight to some poncy place, granted.

Anyway, here is a Dutchman who should be strangled until he is dead, dead, dead. Failing that, shivved in recreation. Here's hoping you fucker.

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:01 am

Nope, never have been on a sealink with Dutchmen.

But they can indeed be fuckers. But I suspect the murderous ones are still polite on airplanes and we have no idea who they are.

best keep them in airports perhaps.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 am

That fucker's mush is exactly the kind of mush that comes to mind when you think 'neighbourhood sex killer'

The Dutch are ok, met a few on my last trip to Sri Lanka, they can put their beer away. I prefer southern Europeans to the northern ones, except the Brits and Irish of course. Here's my league table of Euros, top to bottom, excluding the British Isles.

1. Italians
2. Spanish
3. Maltese
4. Greeks
5. Slavs
6. Dutch
7. Scandiwegians
8. Poles/Byels/all the other former Soviet satellites
9. Belgians

10. Austrians
11. Swiss
12. Russians

- 1000. Gairmans

- infinity. Frogs

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:14 am

here's mine
1. Canada
2. The rest
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Woodsman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 am

USA & Canada are the same thing.

Except Canada poo pooed guns.

USA! USA! USA!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:52 am

Woodsman wrote:USA & Canada are the same thing.

USA! USA! USA!

.......not really, we're number 13 in the world for percentage of gun ownership so we haven't really poo-pooed them, we just don't think they should be used to prove your point in an argument or assert your manifest destiny the way Americans do.

I won't bother to point out that Canada and America chiefly differ in the field of general and specific ignorance because I'm sure you're already semi aware of that.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Any excuse to trot this out again.

Well, I hope so, Blackadder. You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:58 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Woodsman wrote:USA & Canada are the same thing.

USA! USA! USA!

.......not really, we're number 13 in the world for percentage of gun ownership so we haven't really poo-pooed them, we just don't think they should be used to prove your point in an argument or assert your manifest destiny the way Americans do.

I won't bother to point out that Canada and America chiefly differ in the field of general and specific ignorance because I'm sure you're already semi aware of that.

There is no difference.

Except in the spoken terms "house", "mouse", "about", etc. That difference fails to exist from the middle of the U.P. West to the Dakotas.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:19 pm

The interesting thing is...and I've mentioned this before...Canada is evolving into an Asian nation and the US into a Latin American one. Our differences will be even more pronounced in the future.

Canadians have always been far more zen than Americans anyhow...except for Swain.
Sri Lanky

Postby nowonmai » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Dad’s finger bitten off in school Nativity brawl

Published on Wednesday 7 December 2011 17:00

A DAD had his finger bitten off after brawling with another parent as they waited for their children’s nativity play to start.

Shocked parents looked on as the two men fought at Harton Primary School, in South Shields, as they gathered for the traditional yuletide performance.

Onlookers told of their horror after one bit the finger off the other and “spat blood out like an animal”.

The 32-year-old victim was taken to hospital, where he was treated for his injury before being discharged. A 39-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed by police.

The fight broke out at about 1.50pm yesterday, while parents waited in a room at the school, in East Avenue, for the nativity to start.

It is thought that no children saw the horrific scenes, as they were preparing for the play in a separate area of the school.

One dad, who witnessed the fight, said: “We were all waiting in a room for the show.

“I’d got there early so I had a good seat.

“I heard a bit of commotion from the back of the room and looked around to see what was going on.

“A man in a white hat stormed in and went for another dad. They were fighting and blood was flying.

“I didn’t see it, but I heard a finger was bitten off.

“It was broken up by teachers quite quickly and the man in the hat disappeared.”

Another witness said: “The two men started to fight in front of all the mums and dads.

“One bit the finger off the other and spat the blood out like a animal.”

One mum said: “I can’t believe that it happened - a school is not the time or place to be fighting.

“The kids might not have been there but they will have heard what happened and I’m sure they will all be affected.

“If you have a problem with someone deal with it in an adult way, not by fighting at a school.

“You can understand children fighting in the playground, but not parents.”

A spokesman for the school said: “We are assisting the police with their enquiries and can confirm that the incident was not witnessed by any of the children, nor were they at risk at any time.”

A police spokesman said: “On Tuesday at about 1.50pm an incident occurred at Harton Primary School,

“There was a disturbance between two male parents, and one sustained an injury to his hand which required medical treatment.

“The other man was arrested by police for assault and released on bail.”
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby lok8 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 am

Woody says-

there goes my slot at dumbest fukker on the board
Stay behind. don't follow.
lok8
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:31 am

lok8 wrote:
Woody says-

there goes my slot at dumbest fukker on the board

You were never in the running
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Royal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Kurt wrote:ISo based on "sitting next to people on an airplane" I would rate the best people in the world as the Dutch. A Dutchman has never made me want to strangle him on an airplane. They are always svelte and polite. Not prudish but not intoxicated either.

In my experience it's the Japanese.

The men, a couple of drinks & they sleep (the Japanese can & do sleep/nap any place, anytime & can't drink)

Women talk quietly & if with kids they really keep them quiet & well behaved on flights to avoid embarrassment to themselves, & of course, most Japanese women look hot to me so I'm very happy to talk to any that aren't asleep.

I've lost count of the times I've been on a Jumbo, 95% filled with Japanese passengers & it's so quiet & peaceful.
Great.
I can't sleep well when travelling & I often feel it's just me & the pilots who are awake.
Hold on..........they're Japanese. OMG
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 pm

I thought Narita airport was going to be a madhouse because I've seen films on Tokyo with the overcrowding and their penchant for sadomasochistic bondage. I can't get over how quiet and polite they are.
Is everyone opiated?
Sri Lanky

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe