The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby Detroit_Pierogi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:32 am

LR's current off-the-rack military offerings.

http://www.landrover.com/Microsites/GWS ... ?v=defence

I do like the FFR, but the D110 RDV (Rapid Deployment Vehicle) has a very 'less is more' look to it.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
User avatar
Detroit_Pierogi
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Rollin' Deep Cover On The Incognito Tip

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby nowonmai » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:26 pm

This is where the official site for the disposal of UK MOD vehicles and plant, including Landrover. There is also a Gazelle helicopter for sale if you fancy it. There will be some bargains to be had over the next few years as the British Army shrinks in size by 20% and all the shit from Afghanistan comes back (there will be more quad bikes than you can shake a stick at). Having made motorcycles obsolete at the stroke of a pen, there was a glut of Harley Davidson MT350s but it would appear they have all gone now. An amusing site to peruse from to time, if a little tragic.

Current used landies for sale:

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicles/,25,/Used_Landrovers.htm
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby Aryan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:05 pm

nowonmai wrote:This is where the official site for the disposal of UK MOD vehicles and plant, including Landrover. There is also a Gazelle helicopter for sale if you fancy it. There will be some bargains to be had over the next few years as the British Army shrinks in size by 20% and all the shit from Afghanistan comes back (there will be more quad bikes than you can shake a stick at). Having made motorcycles obsolete at the stroke of a pen, there was a glut of Harley Davidson MT350s but it would appear they have all gone now. An amusing site to peruse from to time, if a little tragic.

Current used landies for sale:

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicles/,25,/Used_Landrovers.htm

£2.5k for those ambulances is a bargain...even if they don't come with all the equipment. We've been paying more than twice that for (poorly) kitted out transporters.
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
User avatar
Aryan
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby Detroit_Pierogi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Wow. That site is awesome.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
User avatar
Detroit_Pierogi
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Rollin' Deep Cover On The Incognito Tip

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby diamondcutter13 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:00 am

This would be such a great start for a small expedition rig. Don't know much about the brand though and its RHD.

Image

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,26,/35208/Reynolds_Boughton_R.H.D.htm
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
User avatar
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:14 am
Location: The Great White North, Loyalist Township.

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby thewalrus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:51 am

I can't believe they would actually go to the effort of shipping quad bikes back from Afghanistan, as the volumetric cargo costs alone would be more than their resale value. Remove anything sensitive and leave them there.
User avatar
thewalrus
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:43 pm
Location: Earth

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:46 am

thewalrus wrote:I can't believe they would actually go to the effort of shipping quad bikes back from Afghanistan, as the volumetric cargo costs alone would be more than their resale value. Remove anything sensitive and leave them there.


I bow to your obviously massive experience.
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby Hitoru » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:29 am

A tree spade mounted on one of these would be the shit.

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,26,55,/18438/Leyland_Daf_8x6.htm

Portal axles rule.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
User avatar
Hitoru
Arbol Basura
 
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby diamondcutter13 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 am

screw that other dodge van rip off, I missed the Mowags. This would be a kick ass expedition vehicle. 5.9 cummins, LHD. Just needs a camper.

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/related/35350/Mowag.htm
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
User avatar
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:14 am
Location: The Great White North, Loyalist Township.

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby JITW » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:28 pm

I have used everything from Mitsubishi Pajeros to Bongo trucks on hard use missions - you don't need something hardened like an ex mil vehicle - just buy a new 4X4 and it should go 20K miles no matter how hard you run it


~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
User avatar
JITW
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Virginia - Iraq - Kurdistan - Indonesia - Thailand

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby diamondcutter13 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:55 pm

JITW wrote:I have used everything from Mitsubishi Pajeros to Bongo trucks on hard use missions - you don't need something hardened like an ex mil vehicle - just buy a new 4X4 and it should go 20K miles no matter how hard you run it


~JITW


True but need has little to do with why most people do expedition trip or build an expedition vehicle. Its a hobby for most that do it and picking what you want and driving something unique that you built is half the fun.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
User avatar
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:14 am
Location: The Great White North, Loyalist Township.

Re: The D110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) looks sharp

Postby nowonmai » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Something here for all the family. Better hurry - tender sale closes very soon could even pick yourself up a watch.

http://www.mod-sales.com/tender/
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm


Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron