For Kurt and others that love old English cars.

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: For Kurt and others that love old English cars.

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 am

and dash a disabled dudes dream

If he is disabled why not just steal it? It's not like the dude is gonna chase you.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Fenrisco » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:23 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:If he is disabled why not just steal it? It's not like the dude is gonna chase you.

Says the man with people on wheels following him around all day.

Gas is about the same as US prices over here. Driving a 2.5l 1993 Jeep YJ on 31" AT tyres to Taipei is about the same cost as taking the train (which is also extremely reasonable). Living in a society that doesn't spend all its money on bullshit has its benefits. Plus on the road you have the fun of intimidating cocksure Audi drivers, which you don't get on the train. And trying to handle the damn thing at speed on the freeway makes you sober up double quick.

The clogged freeway to Taipei is getting a simply insane second deck at the moment - tremendous engineering feat. It has to be about 40m above ground to clear the existing bridges and interchanges. Since the Heep is aerodynamically a brick on another brick I will stay on ground level to avoid getting blown off. So to speak.

And Caterhams (etc.) are pound for pound the most brilliant bit of kit on the planet. Check out Locost 7 racing. As a kid, one of my friend's dads was such a Prisoner fan he built a beautiful replica of KAR 120C and kept it in his barn. Life is good when you can tell people that your car has an "orange nosecone". Not many people get to have a nosecone. Kurt will though, unless he falters.

"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

you can keep those cars. this is the only thing olde and english that i both enjoy and can afford.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:31 pm

kilroy wrote:Image
you can keep those cars. this is the only thing olde and english that i both enjoy and can afford.

Winner!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby vagabond » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:03 am

Kurt, what kind of car are you getting?

There's quite a few people in LA w/ 'interesting' cars and you'll get lots of looks from the street as people think "Wow, is that 'somebody'". Use the import for your alternative persona ("The most interesting sys admin in the world") and a Taurus for your workaday wreck.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:02 am

vagabond wrote:Kurt, what kind of car are you getting?

There's quite a few people in LA w/ 'interesting' cars and you'll get lots of looks from the street as people think "Wow, is that 'somebody'". Use the import for your alternative persona ("The most interesting sys admin in the world") and a Taurus for your workaday wreck.

Still no word yet on my move to LA. They were supposed to tell me this last Thursday and the Thursday before that...so no idea yet if I will be judged as "somebody" while driving a very loud Morgan Three Wheeler.

It has an S&S Engine so it will sound like one of those "Chopper" custom bikes.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!