Man shoots daughters laptop.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Man shoots daughters laptop.

Postby Caliban » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:58 pm

So Im getting it that when you say he shot her laptop you mean her computer as opposed to any kind of euphemism -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnS_5tR-K9U
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Woodsman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:07 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Yeah, now no one will believe this girl when she says her dad is a psycho and shitty parent. Creepy.

Well, I do a lot of shooting, reloading, own my own range, own a gun or two, have a carry permit, etc. and I'll be the first to say that I believe he is lacking self control and lacking quality parenting skills. I see a lot of support for this guy's jackass move. While I am sure there are lots of parents that feel this way, obviously there are more appropriate ways to handle a whiny spoiled daughter who thinks she's working too hard...
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:46 pm

thewalrus wrote:If cowboy hat man in the video was really clueful in IT, and didn't feel like wasting a $500 laptop, he could've:

backed up the laptop to an image file with clonezilla.

stored the clonezilla .bz2 image inside a password protected truecrypt container file.

run DBAN on the laptop.

locked the laptop up in a safe or at his place of work.

same result without destroying the laptop, fucknuts.

You are 4 fourlongs ahead in the Nerd of the Year Stakes.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Hat-dude wasted a computer, some bullets as well as my time.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby gnaruki » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:44 am

Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.

-Some Computer Guy
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby thewalrus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:27 am

Seems to me like a waste, shooting a perfectly good laptop, when he could've just wiped it. Just because the software or the layer 8 (user) is fucked up doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the hardware.
thewalrus
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 am

It's good advice for cavemen.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:32 pm

thewalrus wrote:Seems to me like a waste, shooting a perfectly good laptop, when he could've just wiped it. Just because the software or the layer 8 (user) is fucked up doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the hardware.

Or he could have donated it, or whatever. But, no, he had to show his daughter how much he loathed her by publicly degrading her, then committing a senseless act of violence on a proxy. (Sorry, I just came off a psychology reading jag a couple of months ago, please add salt grains at will, but there's a whole thing about people who hate someone so they do violent things to their possessions and pets, it's usually a prelude to domestic violence or worse.) But whatever, now the whole world knows he's a psycho, HAH ha.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby thewalrus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:11 pm

I can understand the destruction of a working electronics device as a publicity stunt, where the free advertising is worth more than the value of the thing (for example: the "Will it Blend?" blendtec guys that put a brand new $600 working iPhone in a blender in Sept. 2007, followed by outraged screeching from Apple fans). The youtube video views and page views were worth the $600 for them. But destroying working things just to be a dick is wasteful.

Maybe we'll find in a week that this video is some viral publicity campaign for a new TV show about a rebellious teenage daughter... sigh... cue the laugh track.
thewalrus
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:30 pm

thewalrus wrote:destroying working things just to be a dick is wasteful.

I was a very happy young vandal, so destroying things for thrills is never wasteful.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby gnaruki » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Maybe he just shot a lap top?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:41 pm

thewalrus wrote:If cowboy hat man in the video was really clueful in IT, and didn't feel like wasting a $500 laptop, he could've:

stored the clonezilla .bz2 image inside a password protected truecrypt container file.

run DBAN on the laptop.

same result without destroying the laptop, fucknuts.

But then Mr. "Don't Complain In Public About Family Issues" would not have been made famous for airing his families problems.

Every teenager complains about not getting paid for doing chores. Partents blowing off their complaints and not paying them inspire them to get a job and get paid for their labor later. Duh. He would have given her a more valuable lesson by keeping his cakehole and wallet shut.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Now what father never buys things for their daughter? What father would never say a word to their daughter?

That wouldn't be a father at all.

Parent 101: At the terrible two stage of child development simply do absolutely nothing. Yah right. There would be many parents losing their kids to child services in that case.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:24 pm

[quote]by thewalrus » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:08 am

If cowboy hat man in the video was really clueful in IT, and didn't feel like wasting a $500 laptop, he could've:

run DBAN on the laptop.

same result without destroying the laptop, fucknuts.[/quote]

LMAO! Probably a hoax, but a funny one.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:45 am

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe