Doxy dreams

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Doxy dreams

Postby bearanddragon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 am

Been taking my anti malarial doxy every night. At first, I thought it was mainly to keep from getting malaria, but every night ive been having epic dreams. And remembering them. In fact theyve been so vivid, they are really more like visions. Visions full of adventure, sex, exotic places, and hidden meanings...

Has any body else experienced this? I've actually been writing down some of these dreams, which I never do, and actually look forward to sleep now... Two nights ago, I had this epic inception like dream that was three layered, and took me to angkor wat, heaven, and a night club / lounge. What the hell is in this stuff!
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Re: Doxy dreams

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:36 pm

You probably have a very good natural recollection of dreams in general. I get the vision types when I'm under stress....or when something in my subconscious mind is ready to be absorbed by my conscious mind. Things can pop up.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:14 pm

A dude I work with said he had very vivid dreams on Champex. Apparently they were either about killing people or were really sexual in nature. They were so vivid that he said he actually felt guilty ( he's married ). I would not have this problem.
Anyways,it makes sense considering the drug is more than likely targeting the primal urge and reward center of the brain.
These type of drugs work for people who are in brain consciousness. Drugs that would work on other animals. Us humans are a very different matter. For those outside brain consciousness you may have to do it yourself with the awareness of your outer brain consciousness. That is the problem for a lot of addicts. Most addicts to begin with are consciously seeking greater consciousness. Its the old proverbial double-edged sword. It's dangerous without the narcotics nevermind with them.
Sri Lanky

Postby bearanddragon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:01 pm

stopped taking that shit. i made the mistake of taking it during the day, and wow - it left me with incapacitating nausea. Then, at night, i was fast asleep on a doxy pill, and someone woke me up, and i about threw up.

champex huh? any other side effects?
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 am

bearanddragon wrote:stopped taking that shit. i made the mistake of taking it during the day, and wow - it left me with incapacitating nausea. Then, at night, i was fast asleep on a doxy pill, and someone woke me up, and i about threw up.

champex huh? any other side effects?

You had all this on Doxycycline? Perhaps you have an allergy to it because I have taken it and the only side effect I have had is I can feel the sun more (which is a very standard side effect)

I have not tried Champex.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm

those are all common side effects of malaria drugs. any 2 sec google search or askin your local african mercenary/aid worker would have made available this info. likewise this is not an appropriaet post for tfhc unless you are discussing and describing the dreams their meanings. dont be a jerk off. learn the fuckin rules.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby bearanddragon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Fansy wrote:those are all common side effects of malaria drugs. any 2 sec google search or askin your local african mercenary/aid worker would have made available this info. likewise this is not an appropriaet post for tfhc unless you are discussing and describing the dreams their meanings. dont be a jerk off. learn the fuckin rules.

really? who pissed in your oatmeal today? just trying to have a light hearted conversation. here's the meaning of my dream: lighten the fuck up.
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 pm

that was a good mood post. stop being a pussy.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:54 am

Those dreams are interesting. Mine have an ominous edge to them....haunting. They awaken me. Not sure if they mean anything but are definitely coming from deep within the psyche. I've been taking doxy for different reasons...purely precautionary of course....lol
Sri Lanky

Postby AdventureDoc » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:32 am

My experience has been that "vivid dreams" associated with an anti-malarial medication are usually with mefloquine (trade name Larium). Doxycycline is generally not associated with vivid dreams or sleep disturbances.

The mefloquine problem is that some people with a history of psychosis, mental illness or depression have real problems with the medication and should be very cautious or avoid it all together. The sleep distrubances often cause people to discontinue treatment while in the malaria zone, thus they are now at risk for malaria. This is bad news.

Generally, when people have a history of adverse reactions to mefloquine (about 23-28% of patients) they not get it again. Best case scenario is that they are tired all day long from constantly getting bad sleep. Worst case scenario is they stop taking the medicine and get malaria. Neither option is good considering there are so many other choices for prophylaxis.

Doxy has its own side effects, just like everything else. Common problems with doxycycline include sun sensitivity/sun burn (as appropriately mentioned above), diarrhea, nausea and yeast infections.
AdventureDoc
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 am

It really depends on the area you are going as to what prophylaxis you should take. Doxy works where Bear and I are, but malarone is useless. No one here even uses Larium anymore. The side effects don't justify the odds of infection it doesn't matter if you are a depressive or not, where doxy is fairly wide spectrum and can deal with secondary infections (especially the gut). I have never had crazy dreams due to doxy ever. But when I was in Somalia a few weeks ago, Malarone was the preferred method. But fuck $14 US a pill. The best defense is long pants, sleeves and a mosquito net with repellant.

Every option has drawbacks it helps to look at the odds of infection and see if its worth it for the amount of time you will be in an actual malarial area versus someplace with hot weather and mosquitos.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby AdventureDoc » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Malarone recently (3 months ago) went generic in America. It is down to about $6.50 a tablet. Good news for some who take it on a regular basis or for long periods of time.

Swain- great advice on the long sleeves/pants! Always the best defense!
AdventureDoc
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Who needs doxy? Cigs and nicotine patches are a complete trip. I had a few great ones on a plane.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe