Land Rover is dead to me

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Land Rover is dead to me

Postby Hitoru » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:35 pm

I've pulled over 5 tons of pine logs on a trailer with my pinzgauer. I wish I had took a picture, it looked like it was doing a wheelie.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Mikethehack » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:58 pm

diamondcutter13 wrote:Nothing wrong with Jeeps and Rovers going topless but you could have guessed that this was coming.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehicules/52-land-rover/833-the-range-rover-evoques-top-comes-off.html

Yuppies are in the ascendant, which is why we get garbage like that fashion victim's wet dream. We need a proper war to kill the kind of thinking that produces shite like that.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby gnaruki » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:57 am

An informant has offered me a fine dieSEL for a very reasonable price.

It'll turn into a bastard child once me mitts are on it.

oh and

coldharvest wrote:Jesus wept.
What the fuck is the matter with the English?

what happened to TVR? A nice man gave me a trade magazine on an airplane once. That was after having to tell some girl with a engirsh passport how to fill out the forms, but fuck was I drunk.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 pm

RYP wrote:"Drive a Land Rover if you want to let everybody know you're trailer trash"

Land Rovers don't have enough power to pull a trailer

speaking of trailer trash Land Rovers not pulling trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI9qSnmpDTk&feature=related

what the hell is wrong with these people?!?
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:11 am

What abomination is covered up here?

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:54 pm

[quote="gnaruki"]What abomination is covered up here?

the topless Evoque:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehicules/4x4/land-rover/969-first-look-range-rover-evoque-convertible.html
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:07 pm

From the same site, a good article on Porsche "getting" what Land Rover does not. Appeal to the yuppies to sell yes, but innovate and maintain capability. Check the off road options listed - low range, the center, and rear differential locks, hydraulic sway-bar disconnects, height adjustable air suspension, underbody protection, stainless skid plates, AND a diesel that gets 28 MPG and a range of over 1000 KM per tank sold in North America for less than a fully equipped (not very offroad capable) domestic fullsize luxury.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehicules/58-other/967-oil-burner-porsche-releases-diesel-cayenne-in-the-united-states.html

Anyone who has actually taken a Porsche Cayenne onto the trail can tell you that they're not simply for soccer-mom's and suburbanites. Ever since it's introduction people have been discrediting and overlooking the Cayenne - ignoring the low range, the center, and rear differential locks, the hydraulic sway-bar disconnects that was available when the model was first launched. Even the height adjustable air suspension wasn't enough to give Porsches 4wd some credit. Perhaps this can be a bit of an incentive to start paying attention to the Cayenne -they've just released, for the first time in the United States, a diesel model - and it doesn't look half bad.

Standard on all diesel models is their all-wheel-drive system, with features an automatic center locking differential; as well as a variety of other very germany acronyms; which all comes together very nicely in making sure you keep moving forward in the right direction. 'Off-road underbody protection' and 'stainless skid plates' have been included as factory options in addition to the air suspension that provides over a 2" lift at the press of a button. When all of this is combined it means the Cayenne Diesel won't be limited to cruising around town as other 'fuel efficient' SUV's have been. Let's just hope they offer their "Advanced Off-Road Technology Package" again - which added an additional differential lock, and sway-bar disconnects. The 3.0L V6 Diesel Powerplant produces 240hp and 406 ft/lbs of torque at only 1,750rpm - whisking the vehicle from stop to 60 in just 7.2 seconds. Nearly the same time it took for the original Cayenne 'S' with it's 4.5L V8 engine to reach 60mph. The Diesel varient is expected to return an EPA MPG rating of 28 on the highway, providing 740 miles of range on a full tank.

Porsche was careful to note in their press release that the vehicle will come with a 'mechanical safeguard' to prevent the driver from filling up with the wrong fuel - hopefully the 'diesel' badges on the side will be enough to let people reach for the right nossle.

The 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel starts at $55,750.
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Most recent model worth anything.

Fit and finish was still garbage but it had offroad abilities.

There aren't many suv's left that still have truck sensibilities. I prefer mechanical levers with a bit of electronic assistance where the stuff still works if the 'lectrics crap out.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 pm

gnaruki wrote:Most recent model worth anything.

Fit and finish was still garbage but it had offroad abilities.

There aren't many suv's left that still have truck sensibilities. I prefer mechanical levers with a bit of electronic assistance where the stuff still works if the 'lectrics crap out.

We have a Disco II and its not bad off road but the bells and whistles are its biggest downfall. As expected from the the dark lord Lucas the electronics are all just fucked. Lights and systems go on and off at random. We've gotten rid of the air suspension and gone back to no-fail coils.
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:40 am

Getting sick of the foot dragging with no factory option for a diesel in North America and HATE the 3.8l in my 2008 JKU. I know AEV offers the J8 conversion, its pretty pricy still. Anyway I pretty much agree with this article, if you are North American, this is it.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehicules/4x4/jeep/1021-why-the-jeep-wrangler-is-the-new-land-rover-defender.html
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:57 am

diamondcutter13 wrote:

I assume there is a dildo option on all the seats....or does that come standard?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:07 am

coldharvest wrote:
diamondcutter13 wrote:

I assume there is a dildo option on all the seats....or does that come standard?

I assumed that was the purpose for the sleek new shape, think slippery thoughts. 3M upholstery spray is extra.
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:11 am

I just noticed in the background, what kind of twat straps a spoon sized folding shovel on the roof rack? Urgh!
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aryan » Tue May 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Range Rover Sport + Overfinch body kit = my future car (as soon as I can afford one)

The WAG is an optional extra.
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Tue May 01, 2012 9:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o69_JPveFZM[/youtube]
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!