Just for fun

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Just for fun

Postby khalampre » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 am

I got to go the the range the other day. Free ammo is always fun.
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:54 am

LOL, nice one

We haven't got a range at our place

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby khalampre » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:40 am

As shooting is no longer part of my job I jump at any chance I get to go to the range. There are few pistols in the world I hate more than than one. The first double action pull... you may as well throw the damn thing at someone. That and I just don't like DA.
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 am

Looks like a Beretta M9? If it is you would be better off throwing it

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:54 am

I used to have one and it handled like a dream, don't blame your tools you dang hippies.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby khalampre » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:33 am

Well when you grow up on 1911s, Glocks, and other REALLY good tools you know what is not first rate. I love my Para chambered in .40. 16 round mags with +3 bottoms. Well weighted and smooth. It is much harder to pull shots with something like that. But, that is just me.
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:15 pm

khalampre wrote:Well when you grow up on 1911s, Glocks, and other REALLY good tools you know what is not first rate. I love my Para chambered in .40. 16 round mags with +3 bottoms. Well weighted and smooth. It is much harder to pull shots with something like that. But, that is just me.

So you'd like a Para with 3 bottoms? You've been away too long hombre.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:52 am

Let's move this back to guns you cunts.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby nowonmai » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:29 am

Good idea, I was just about to move on to the Browning HiPower, which I'd take any day over a 3 bottomed Para. Anyway, as K observed, each to their own. Guns are like motorbikes, you can be crouched over on your shiny rocket ship thinking you're hot shit and a despatch rider will zoom past you sitting upright on a 15 year old GT550. It would be interesting in an academic, gun-nut type way to have stats on pistol engagements since 2001 in the places your boys have been. Someone somewhere must have collected that, but then again probably not.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:00 am

Got a 92FS but never been a huge fan. It was my first pistol I owned. I love the Browning High Power (my work gun) and my 1911A1 though. Got a Glock and love it, it would be the pistol I wish work would give me, all things considered.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:30 pm

khalampre wrote:As shooting is no longer part of my job I jump at any chance I get to go to the range. There are few pistols in the world I hate more than than one. The first double action pull... you may as well throw the damn thing at someone. That and I just don't like DA.

Those are not my favorite pistols either.

Another vote for Glocks, 1911s, & hi powers also not bad. My old kimber hi-cap (frame by Bul of Israel) seemed a bit like the double stack paras, but never shot a double stack para so can't be sure about that.

If money was no object, it would be a double stack 1911 on a Caspian titanium commander frame in 10mm.

Right now it's just my Glock G29 with extended barrel - it's a nice little pistol with the ballistic equivalent of a .357 mag except out of a smaller bbl.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 pm

2012 Whisker Density award goes to Khalampre.

When I had a job many years ago on a Ginseng farm I found that a good beard combined with a mediocre particle filter mask kept straw dust out of my lungs. You sir, could probably doe Asbestos removal with just a hankercheif and never get lung cancer.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:12 pm

I bet it could hold a TON of shit too

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Fansy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:37 am

kurt, could you actually see the feces smeared amongst the chin pube strands after she groped you?
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:11 am

outta curiosity, why aren't you using the foregrip on the M4 vice grabbing the mag well?

while in afghanistanland, had several days at the range with TONS of ammo. Bribed the supply corporal by taking him out too (he was desperate as hell to get outta his office for a day) and we had more ammo than we could shoot. 5.56 and 9mmm. i had a great shooting M4 i added a foregrip too. only had the issue M9. Would have gladly traded it up for my old H&K USP. My Irish guys in the office had USPs as issue. Wonder why they wouldn't trade!
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe