DPx Gear H•E•S•T/F FOLDER

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: DPx Gear H•E•S•T/F FOLDER

Postby RYP » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:55 pm

What problems are those? The internet has an interesting knack of amplifying a tiny group of folks and then completely ignoring the contentment of thousands. DPx products come with a lifetime, no questions asked warranty so technically all knives are guaranteed to be perfect, as defined by the customer, not us. Its called satisfaction guaranteed.

I also know every customer by name and the history of their knife. We take the satisfaction of our customers seriously.

What number are you considering buying?
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:44 am

RYP wrote:I also know every customer by name and the history of their knife.

you know what I do with my LE? Oh shit.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Kcdb0723 wrote:Hi,
Does anybody know if the hest limited editions had the same problems as the first productions? Looking at buying one from a collector. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do it...you won't regret it. I loved mine until my dumb ass lost it.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:09 am

Chimborazo wrote:
Kcdb0723 wrote:Hi,
Does anybody know if the hest limited editions had the same problems as the first productions? Looking at buying one from a collector. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do it...you won't regret it. I loved mine until my dumb ass lost it.

That's why I won't spend more than 100 on a knife.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby RYP » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Chimbo and Hitoru hit me up on my regular email for a deal on some folders. I don't like seeing flaggers not carrying weapons.
RYP

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:30 am

RYP wrote:Chimbo and Hitoru hit me up on my regular email for a deal on some folders. I don't like seeing flaggers not carrying weapons.

Email sent!
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Reflexred » Tue May 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey RYP how do i re-center the blade on my 1st edition it has gotten a little outta whack, i dont think i can deal with sending it in to be serviced, cant be without it for that long. You guys should do a loaner program like the car dealerships lol.
Adios Mofo's
Reflexred

Postby Mikethehack » Tue May 01, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby RYP » Thu May 03, 2012 3:41 am

If you buy a Limited Edition you get a loaner. If you just want your 1.0 looked at, send it in and I will make sure it gets turned around under warranty ASAP. Less than a week.
RYP

Postby pilpte » Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 am

i am yet another escapee from BF; it seems if you sing ANY praises about the HEST, you kinda get ignored...just had enough of their over-moderating moderators...

so i finally got my ass in gear to send in my 1.0 for warranty service. i had the lock slippage issue that never corrected itself like i thought it would; pretty much used it with the rotolock on all the time. but that got annoying so i set it aside for my other pariah/outlaw knife brand, a Strider SmF. but most of the time i don't need or want to carry the Big Fella; i love the design, utility, smaller size but thick blade of the HEST folder, so i'm getting it taken care of. i also use the HEST (RAT made) fixed blade; the blade shape is what got me hooked on the folder to begin with...

refreshing to be in a forum with those who USE their blades rather then buy to feed a knife/sharpening fetish and play "look at me, look at what i got" LOL...
pilpte

Postby Spartan Actual » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 am

Anyone know where I can get my own business cards that pop into a shiv? Or another tool for that matter? I've found www.metalcards.com, but they're a little
Higher than I want to pay
Spartan Actual

Postby spyken » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 pm

I'd like to know where to get the metal cards like the DPx one as well, if it's ok to share.

BTW, I know I'm late but I must commend DPx for their excellent service. I sent my friend's HEST Folder v1 which had all the issues mentioned - slipping lock, edge near the ricasso too close to the spine of the handle (I got cut), loose clip tension...and DPx promptly sent me back a new v2, with no charge :) The clip is still a little under tensioned, but it will have to do as I dont want to pay more shipping :)

I do like my HEST v2 folder (and so does my friend) - highly recommended.
spyken

Postby diamondcutter13 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:26 am

Spartan Actual wrote:Anyone know where I can get my own business cards that pop into a shiv? Or another tool for that matter? I've found http://www.metalcards.com, but they're a little
Higher than I want to pay

probably also higher than what you want to pay but the Snody Crisis Card is just friggen evil. Worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9fqlDzQe2M
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:15 pm

RYP

Postby pilpte » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 am

just saw a pic of the limited edition all black HEST 2.0...with serrations!...i love serrations on a working knife...as much as i like i can't justify picking one up (especially at the price), it would be redundant to the production 2.0 i am actively using...i do like using the HEST over the SnG...

i hope there is a production serrated version put out soon...
pilpte

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!