Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:28 pm

That's not bad either...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:36 am

HockeyGuy wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItzJc-NHI4

One of the best I have ever seen...

Yes, Excellent!
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 pm

The Atom has "Augur in" written all over it:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jvHqB4ZxbU[/youtube]
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 am

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Wed May 02, 2012 5:14 am

ktrout wrote:The Atom has "Augur in" written all over it:

But I hadn't gotten far enough in the video to see that the Noble M600 does Mach 0.26 down the front straight.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 pm

ktrout wrote:
ktrout wrote:The Atom has "Augur in" written all over it:

But I hadn't gotten far enough in the video to see that the Noble M600 does Mach 0.26 down the front straight.

There is something very cool when to you refer to a car in Mach speed...something no fucken hippy/hybrid will ever do.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Carroll Shelby just kicked. I like the first comment - he died in a motorboating accident.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat May 12, 2012 3:45 am

ktrout wrote:Carroll Shelby just kicked. I like the first comment - he died in a motorboating accident.

Heh...he had a good run. Many good runs actually. He made cars and America a bit more interesting.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 am

Kurt wrote:
ktrout wrote:Carroll Shelby just kicked. I like the first comment - he died in a motorboating accident.

Heh...he had a good run. Many good runs actually. He made cars and America a bit more interesting.

No kidding. He certainly got his moneys worth in this life...My next burn out is dedicated to him...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aryan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:33 am

Which one's the better convertible coupe, BMW Z4 or porsche boxster?
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat May 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Aryan wrote:Which one's the better convertible coupe, BMW Z4 or porsche boxster?

I have only driven the Boxster and the only fault with it is that it is so perfect a car that if not for the speed and handling it would be so perfect as to be boring.

But I think z-4 has always beat Boxster in styling. But the Z4 Coupe is my favorite and was one of BMW's least popular cars for some reason. Back in 2008 I tried to get BMW in Manhattan to sell me a British Racing Green Z4 Coupe with brown leather seats and a six speed manual and they told me to fuck off in that they would only sell me a white or silver z4 convertable with a manual transmission for $20k over MSRP. The guy was seriously a dick about it too. Here I was willing to drop $48k but only to my specs and he said "Look...we don't need your business. Our money is made by leasing white or silver cars with automatic transmission and we are not going to waste floor space with a green manual two seater."

I got the impression that BMW assumed every one of its buyers was too poor to really afford one of their cars. My friend who got a Boxster said that Porsche treated him really well and they did not tack on an extra $20k for what he did not want since they made tons of money on the extras already. So I would not ever get a z4 unless it was used and a coupe.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Aryan wrote:Which one's the better convertible coupe, BMW Z4 or porsche boxster?

Boxster.

But drive both. The car might talk you different.

I've driven both - Z4 (M coupe) and Boxster S.
The one thing that I liked was the brakes on the Z4. Moreover, that was the last body style-2008, so things may have improved to my liking.

The Porsche is an experience. That mid-engine balanced car is something you can't forget and it's not about horsepower or 0-60...it's the overall package.

Porsche's motto/slogan is " There is no substitution"
Drive it...and make your own determination.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat May 12, 2012 6:07 pm

This car can't be ignored...
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/12/new- ... -unveiled/
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aryan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I've driven a boxster, and while it only had the 2.7l engine, it went pretty fast. Couldn't fault the handling or the brakes, I found it to be very responsive but it wasn't the most comfortable car to drive. Was dead set on buying one anyway as soon as I could afford one. But looking at the options now, the Z4 makes a good case. Haven't driven one but they look better to me and from what I've heard they're more comfortable with better interiors/styling and extras, you can get hardtops dirt cheap too. The Z4 will probably also be easier to maintain if I take it abroad, you get BMW garages and parts everywhere.

Porsche is definitely the better racer type car (and the car to pull the bitches with), but I'm not sure if I'd still like it once I'd owned it for a while.
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aryan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Kurt wrote:

I have only driven the Boxster and the only fault with it is that it is so perfect a car that if not for the speed and handling it would be so perfect as to be boring.

But I think z-4 has always beat Boxster in styling. But the Z4 Coupe is my favorite and was one of BMW's least popular cars for some reason. Back in 2008 I tried to get BMW in Manhattan to sell me a British Racing Green Z4 Coupe with brown leather seats and a six speed manual and they told me to fuck off in that they would only sell me a white or silver z4 convertable with a manual transmission for $20k over MSRP. The guy was seriously a dick about it too. Here I was willing to drop $48k but only to my specs and he said "Look...we don't need your business. Our money is made by leasing white or silver cars with automatic transmission and we are not going to waste floor space with a green manual two seater."

Why would you want a BMW in British racing green? That just seems wrong.

I hate when salesmen act like pricks, they should have to earn their commission in order to get it. But I can't imagine a dealership in the UK doing that, they'd all be lining up to suck you off.
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!