Flame Space

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Flame Space

Postby Kurt » Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 pm

coldharvest wrote:
svizzerams wrote:testing....testing? 1..2..3...testing testing testing? Is this thing on, Kurt?

Test results: yep there is an X between the edit button and the ! box.

BOO!!
Take it off!!

Is the button still there? Since Cold is a mod he would be able to see buttons everywhere.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby svizzerams » Tue May 15, 2012 11:18 pm

the delete button goes away, just like the edit button does after someone else posts (or perhaps there is a time that the edit/delete is visible...but, my delete/edit buttons are gone now in this forum)
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Kurt » Tue May 15, 2012 11:59 pm

svizzerams wrote:the delete button goes away, just like the edit button does after someone else posts (or perhaps there is a time that the edit/delete is visible...but, my delete/edit buttons are gone now in this forum)

Thanks, that means I fixed it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Wed May 16, 2012 3:03 am

Is the tech support done?

When does the screaming and shouting begin?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 am

Kurt wrote:
coldharvest wrote:
svizzerams wrote:testing....testing? 1..2..3...testing testing testing? Is this thing on, Kurt?

BOO!!
Take it off!!

Is the button still there?

I was talking to Svizz.......but you should take yours off as well.

Everybody! Let's get naked.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 am

coldharvest wrote:
Kurt wrote:
coldharvest wrote:

BOO!!
Take it off!!

Is the button still there?

I was talking to Svizz.......but you should take yours off as well.

Everybody! Let's get naked.

We may as well. This forums is about as flame-tastic as the History Forum.

We should just change the name of this forum to "Pleasant Conversations" so stingers like this could happen.

Me: How do you do?
Other poster: Quite well, Thank you.
Me: No, Thank you.
Other poster: We had better stop this argument now before the women have to leave the room.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Thu May 17, 2012 4:43 am

Stupid idea this, for one there's nowhere near as much 'flaming' on the BFC as these spineless whinging cunts would have you think. The recent flare up was to do with personalities, false victimhood, misdirected blame and subsequent bodyswerving by the person(s) who should be blamed for certain people no longer beng allowed on here, and who are sadly mourned by the two (count them, that's TWO) fucking idiots who care enough about them.

This forum will fall on it's arse it won't work, there is nothing to see here.

Poor show

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby gnaruki » Thu May 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Kurt wrote:We should just change the name of this forum to "Pleasant Conversations" so stingers like this could happen.

Other poster: We had better stop this argument now before the women have to leave the room.

Lol. Most flame wars on the flag start and end in a few posts.

poster 1: (some disagreeable statement)
poster 2: fuck you
poster 1: well fuck you too
-ENDS-
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 17, 2012 2:48 pm

gnaruki wrote:
Kurt wrote:We should just change the name of this forum to "Pleasant Conversations" so stingers like this could happen.

-ENDS-

Why did you even bother to respond to what I wrote? Just for the hell of it? Did you see me posting a parody of a flame war and say "I know, I will give the anatomy of a real flame war."?

Here, try to boring up this one a bit:

Shakespear dialog:

King Whatever: Forsooth thine ye blah blah blah
Antagonist: Hark a villian! blah blah blha
*swordfight*

Now you tell me what a shakespearean drama is really like...
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Oceansmine » Thu May 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Move along, nothing to see hear.
Flame out.
You can't put your arms around a memory.
Oceansmine
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri May 18, 2012 4:33 am

Kurt wrote:
gnaruki wrote:

-ENDS-

Why did you even bother to respond to what I wrote? Just for the hell of it? Did you see me posting a parody of a flame war and say "I know, I will give the anatomy of a real flame war."?

Here, try to boring up this one a bit:

Shakespear dialog:

King Whatever: Forsooth thine ye blah blah blah
Antagonist: Hark a villian! blah blah blha
*swordfight*

Now you tell me what a shakespearean drama is really like...

Most Shakespeare tends to involve severed hands and incest, better yet statutory incest.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 am

flipflop wrote:Stupid idea this, for one there's nowhere near as much 'flaming' on the BFC as these spineless whinging cunts would have you think. The recent flare up was to do with personalities, false victimhood, misdirected blame and subsequent bodyswerving by the person(s) who should be blamed for certain people no longer beng allowed on here, and who are sadly mourned by the two (count them, that's TWO) fucking idiots who care enough about them.

Poor show

Cheers

Take that up with Nowonmai.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby gnaruki » Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Knaves!
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri May 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Mikethehack wrote:
flipflop wrote:Stupid idea this, for one there's nowhere near as much 'flaming' on the BFC as these spineless whinging cunts would have you think. The recent flare up was to do with personalities, false victimhood, misdirected blame and subsequent bodyswerving by the person(s) who should be blamed for certain people no longer beng allowed on here, and who are sadly mourned by the two (count them, that's TWO) fucking idiots who care enough about them.

Poor show

Cheers

Take that up with Nowonmai.

You misoverstimate my powers. 1. I am not a moderator. 2. I created a thread not a forum. 3. I posed specific questions.

nowonmai wrote:So I figure a few people have a few issues they need to resolve, so I propose that we just get it on here in this thread rather than having proxy wars.

I have no issues to resolve as I recognise this for what it is - ie. the internet - and it does not form the basis of my social or sex life. I post because I enjoy it and what you think of me as a person is of no consequence, how could it be? For all you know I am a quadriplegic hermaphrodite (steady fansy I can see you getting aroused over there). I recommend some of you thin skinned cunts out there try that too. Gender of all things has no relevance. This is words on a page.

the only thing that irritates me is irrationality, hypocrisy or plain cuntishness. These thre traits have been much in evidence of late, which is great for me because it gives me something to take the piss out of. So let's go for it and do the whole fucking village - get it all out in the open.

Question 1 - why exactly was Penta banned and what is the relationship between those who were most involved in banning her?

Question 2 - why does Holland feel that friendlyskies needs to be treated differently than say, gnaruki, or any other male poster on the board/

Question 3 - Does svizzerams fancy me or what?

I'm still waiting for answers to the questions. Although the fact that this thread has been moved into a newly created forum which can't be read by non(ie. banned)-members goes some way towards it.

friendlyskies has bottled it or is in a darkened room with some medicinal skunk. Svizzerams was clearly pushed over the edge by the Granma we love you video. Holland has left the field after leaving a hanging question mark over whether he and Ms Skies are an item.

Meanwhile, why is it that only left wing women need protection from the long list of sanctimonious pricks which Holland has now added himself to when Denise has had all manner of shit with never a squeak from the bleachers. Don't answer that, I know why, cos you're a melange of mostly left wing or muddle headed cunts.

Finally, for the record and Mike's satisfaction I think this forum is as good an idea as the RIP forum, ie. pants and will never work.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Fri May 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I just want to say that I love you all so much that I would eat the corn out of your poo.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe