Yorick Day

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Yorick Day

Postby Fansy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:01 am

2009 or 2010? June or july 21st? 22nd? I have the death certificate at home in the US but I'm not there. And i'm too tired to scroll down through the posts here to look it up from what i posted then. But I always wanted to declare that day yorick day. there aren't enough summer holidays where we honor the insane and/or senile, alive or dead. And now i don't think it's too soon. Maybe i'll release more details of his death just to keep the drama continually unfolding. at a glacial rate of course. if i ever remember.

hear hear, Yorick Day passed inconsequential in Reading, whatever its exact date may be. there is a local half-senile lady whom i have befriended named barbara darling. born in reading and will die in reading i'm sure. shes about 5 foot and she works outside frequently (i'm guessing this is what has kept her spry in her very advanced years). something i had only seen in movies, she uses the third person singular verb ending for first person constructions, e.g. "i goes up to the store, i do." she's told me several stories from her teenage years about that time when "the yanks and canadians were here". she also told me that "i'm all alone in this world, i am. except for me dog. he's good company he is but isn't much for talking these days." i've spoken with her about 5 times and she's met my wife twice but i know she doesn't have any recollection of it. and so far i've never heard the same story twice. so here's to barbara. and yorick. <raises glass>
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

glass bottle so Amen on the glass raising

Postby el3so » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 pm

I rolls a spliff in his honor I does.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Yorick Day

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 am

RIP
Sri Lanky

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Good on you for chatting with an old lady. Keep it up.

Hard to believe Yorick and his strangeness has been gone for four years already. Well, I guess it is not hard to believe. Hard to believe would have been if he died, came back again and then mysteriously vanished some time after.

Anyway, still...just an expression. And I still wonder why no one asks me to give eulogies at funerals.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 am

Yorick is definitely gone.
My recent little 'eulogy' post is gone, also.
Anyhoo, cheers to someone who frightened me. But also, at times, made me think.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 pm

It's all good. I'm continuing communion with the spirit world....like I have a choice.
Two of late. One very gentle...the other one somewhat disturbing but gives me a lot of energy. He was murdered.
I could go into more detail but there are people here who likely think I'm loony.

You really should have been with me and the Eskimos later that night....but you probably weren't supposed to.
Sri Lanky

Postby michelle in alaska » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 am

No...not probably weren't supposed to...would never EVER want to.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

not sober neither

Postby el3so » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:52 am

One year and one day later.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby gnaruki » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:57 am

Fansy, his last post was July 2008. Considering his profile listed his occupation to be in transportation/logistics and oil pricing was getting wonky.....fuck.....work related deaths are the worst way to go.

Anywho. To yorick! May someday I read all of his enigmatic posts
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 am

Somewhere a stash of weapons lies undisturbed to be dug up by real estate developers in about 80 years.

Amusing that in August 2012 Sri lanky was still worried about being considered loony by members of this board. My, how we've grown.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am

gnaruki wrote:Fansy, his last post was July 2008. Considering his profile listed his occupation to be in transportation/logistics and oil pricing was getting wonky.....fuck.....work related deaths are the worst way to go.

he didn't have a work related death. he shot himself in a trailer in a trailer park where he was staying. if i recall correctly his mom and his brother traveled to kentucky to see to his remains/affairs. afaik he was alone and was found by the trailer park managers.

how do i know all this? i was in email contact with him. after he disappeared and rumors were running rampant, i used his email address/name to get in touch with his old highschool academy to ask if they had any info on him (i mentioned i thought he had passed). iirc they came up with the obituary in a local paper which they passed on to me (they also canceled his email account lol). with the name and info in there, i purchased his death certificate from the state of kentucky. then from the info in there i called up the trailer park he was staying at as well as the detective who saw to case/body and asked them about the incident. neither were extremely helpful but, piece by piece, the story came together, and that's it above.

i still have the certificate but i'm not in the US right now to confirm whatever date it was.

so, happy yorick day, we're goin to a barbecue. if yorick day was last week, we were in portsmouth. i enjoyed the city and beach greatly. if it was the week before, we were in brighton, which was okay but not a real sea city like portsmouth. plus the bums and gays and teenagers and chavs all look the same there. so thank yorick, i have had an auspicious yorick day whichever day it may be.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Fansy wrote:
gnaruki wrote:Fansy, his last post was July 2008. Considering his profile listed his occupation to be in transportation/logistics and oil pricing was getting wonky.....fuck.....work related deaths are the worst way to go.

he didn't have a work related death. he shot himself in a trailer in a trailer park where he was staying. if i recall correctly his mom and his brother traveled to kentucky to see to his remains/affairs. afaik he was alone and was found by the trailer park managers.

how do i know all this? i was in email contact with him. after he disappeared and rumors were running rampant, i used his email address/name to get in touch with his old highschool academy to ask if they had any info on him (i mentioned i thought he had passed). iirc they came up with the obituary in a local paper which they passed on to me (they also canceled his email account lol). with the name and info in there, i purchased his death certificate from the state of kentucky. then from the info in there i called up the trailer park he was staying at as well as the detective who saw to case/body and asked them about the incident. neither were extremely helpful but, piece by piece, the story came together, and that's it above.

i still have the certificate but i'm not in the US right now to confirm whatever date it was.

so, happy yorick day, we're goin to a barbecue. if yorick day was last week, we were in portsmouth. i enjoyed the city and beach greatly. if it was the week before, we were in brighton, which was okay but not a real sea city like portsmouth. plus the bums and gays and teenagers and chavs all look the same there. so thank yorick, i have had an auspicious yorick day whichever day it may be.

You'll be glad to know that within about half an hour I had the full skinny on your Barbara, just to check if you were bullshitting.

Was it a head or chest shot, rifle, pistol or shotgun, his public deserve to know. If I were to second guess Yorick I would have plumped for the 7.92 Mauser in the heart, for old times sake, making sure he had placed a decent backstop so Mrs Miggins doesn't get caught by the round exiting, given that it was most likely FMJ. If I were all about efficiency it would be the .357 revolver heart shot. Although, on balance, shooting yourself is a far from ideal mode of exiting this existence. Break into a vets and get some high strength Etorphine, watch your favourite film, have a whisky or three and then go back to your star spawn (ie. worms) lickety split.

Happy Holidays!
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Break into a vets and get some high strength Etorphine

Cheers
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:59 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Break into a vets and get some high strength Etorphine

Cheers

Get the fuck outta here. You're freaking me out.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 am

nowonmai wrote:You'll be glad to know that within about half an hour I had the full skinny on your Barbara, just to check if you were bullshitting.

what is my barbara

Was it a head or chest shot, rifle, pistol or shotgun, his public deserve to know.

the type of firearm i do not think was listed, although at the time i think that i was interested. i could call back to the same place and maybe find out, given that 4 years have passed and they won't be as touchy. if i recall correctly, the death certificate may have indicated he shot himself in the head, with some such entry on the form:

Method of Death: self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head

although i am not entirely sure. i am sure that it was listed as self-inflicted. and they probably didn't use the word method tbh. i will in fact list all the relevant details if i ever get back to the US and get a hold of my lockbox again. wherein i keep all treasured things i possess such as yorick's death certificate.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe